Baby Don't Cry

Baby Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I love her… Why are you doing this, hyung?” he said, trying to keep the tears from falling. He just couldn’t believe what their leader had just asked him to do. He barged in to his room and fired all sorts of curses known to men after hearing that he’d been dating someone.

Usually, he wouldn’t meddle with such things but this one’s different…

“You must have forgotten something, Dae. That woman… has been into a lot of scandals. She even almost had me and Dara break-up” A raging Jiyong reminded his friend and band mate.

“That was a long time ago…”

He wanted to say more and defend her, but he knew he wouldn’t win against his hyung… “It wouldn’t matter now because I love her… and she loves me too…” he said instead.

Jiyong tried but couldn’t keep his cool any longer. “How long has this been actually going on? Because honestly, it doesn’t matter to me. I don’t trust her and right now, I don’t trust her being with you. So just give it up, Dae…”

Dae motioned to speak. He wanted to fight for her even if it means going head to head with him but before he could even speak, the latter had cut him off.

“We wouldn’t discuss this anymore…” Jiyong said with finality, getting more and more irritated with the younger guy who seemed so against everything he’s been trying to say.” …Think about what it’ll do to your career and if you don’t care about yours, think about US – it’s not just your career that’s at stake here.”

“Now, you think about that!” he raged and slammed the door as he went out of his house.

He sat alone at the edge of his bed... Both hands gripping tightly on the strands of his hair as if wanting to pull them off... He groaned in frustration... This can't be happening to me…

Tears are now flowing out of his eyes. He has yet to make another decision. He was supposed to be used to all these given his profession, but this time, he can't seem able to make one... This isn't how it's supposed to be...

It was a decision he had never wished to make.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Dae POV)

I waited in the Café where we had been secretly meeting for the past 4 months. I told her to come as I have something I wished to say to her. Actually, I wouldn’t wish to say all these things to her but there wasn’t much left of a choice for me.

It was her against my mates. Her against my career.

I could easily choose her and if it was only me, I would have done it already. However, there were four others in my team that would be affected with my decision. I couldn’t be selfish like that and as much as it pains me to do this, I just have to go through it.

She came a little later, a known frown evident from her face. She must have sensed something the moment I called using a tone of voice very much different from the usual bubbly one I had. She sat across me from the table and just stared.

Nobody talked and it became a staring contest between the two of us until finally, she gave up and asked. “What’s the matter Dae-ah?”

“Jiyong-hyung knows about us…” I started, unable to look into her eyes that instantly shed a tear upon hearing my words. She knew exactly what those words mean.

She let out a bitter laugh as tears escaped from her eyes. “He really is a good leader neh? He would never approve of me. Nobody would.”

“But…” I tried…

“I understand… We both knew this could happen right? It was the reason why we kept it in the first place. People do not forget the mistakes you’ve made no matter how long ago it was.”

“JiYoung-ah…” I reached for her hand but she gently moved away…

“I’m sorry you had to go through this” she said as she stood up, ready to leave.

With her standing up, my thoughts run wild. I couldn’t end it like this. I never wanted this. I had to stop her from leaving. I have to take back what I just said. I have to fight for her – fight with her.

Unconsciously, I stood up. “I love you.”

My hand was shaking and my whole body was trembling. I was shocked too at what I did. The overflowing emotions got the best of me and I couldn’t control it anymore. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t do it.

She looked at me and nothing can be read from her expression.

“Don’t make this any harder… Let’s leave it like this. I don’t want to burden you.” She said as she turned her back from me and walked away.

My knees went weak and I had to grip on to the table for support. It was for the best. I consoled myself. It was over – over before it even started.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(JiYoung POV)

“I love you”

I closed my eyes as I savored his words. I let it seep through me, mending my already broken heart. It was enough – those words. It was enough to make me live again.

After all the scandals from the past, everyone in the industry eyed me and called me a “sore loser”. I had never made it back from that fall, making me leave my group and ruining our careers. I was shunned and all those people I used to call friends are now gone.

Except for him. He always believed in me. He stood by my side all these time. I had never imagined him to be with me but he remained to be my only contact from the industry I used to belong to. Being accused of things, time and again, made me weaker every time. It was him who made me stronger.

We fell in love. We were happy. But we are happy only in the small world we created for ourselves. We kept our relationship and we all know why. He’s a famous artiste along with his team and being with me would definitely ruin that.

The moment I have feared coming has already arrived. One of his team members – no, their team leader, now knows about us. We both knew it may come to this but still, it hurts so badly. And just this time, I wished to have my name cleared.

Having been accused of a lot of things, and being falsely involved in every scandal, I just grew tired of defending myself. People would believe whatever they want to believe. It came not as a surprise anymore that GD disap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter