Chapter 6

Royal Encounter [on hiatus]

Shin Ae looked at the pictures in her hand and sighed, throwing it onto her table. These pictures were taken by the PI she hired to keep checks on that producer. As expected, that producer did not stop at her; she just did not expect three different girls to be involved.

It was already a week since she started work and there was no clear plan yet. She tried sounding out her colleagues in the most casual way possible and all she found out was that he was a producer for the competition since 3 years ago. He had changed the way the competition was held, made it more dramatic, brought in better known judges like the royal family of Korea.  So far, he had pretty good results, viewerships were higher than the producers before.

She considered taking it up with someone.

Sooyoung? Jessica? They didn't hold enough authority. Probably try to ask her to forget about it.

Then there was Jonghyun, heir to the company, but Shin Ae had a feeling he wouldn't take her seriously. He would tell her that this producer had been producing results for the company. and even with a new producer the problem may just reiterate itself.

She considered using a paparazzi to create pressure for them so that the problem would be poking them in their ribs.  But she didn't know which one she could trust, a wrong decision and the matter would get blown out of proportions.

Shin Ae leaned back and rubbed on her temple.

The world is so complicated.

She yawned and stretch, it's pretty busy in the PR department.  There was a Miss Korea event held tomorrow and she had to be there to host the reporters. Shin Ae took a look at the clock and found that it was already near midnight. She sighed and gathered the photos to put away in her drawer. 

------

Lee Teuk was back from his honeymoon, but Onew had requested specifically to continue with Miss Korea. For some unknown reason, he felt that it would be through this competition that he will meet her again. 

Over the past week, he had managed to calm his heart but he still longed to meet her again. From her tone and her eyes, he could tell that the competition meant a lot to her, even if she said otherwise. She would be around... she would be...

Definitely.

He did not need to be there, after all this was a publicity event and judges weren't required but several of them were there for their own reasons. Sponsor judges were there to gain publicity for their products and he was there just in case. 

In case she appeared.

------

Shin Ae watched as the cameraman started shooting furiously away at the ily-dressed contestants. It was a sunny day at Carribean bay and Shin Ae's not used to the sun yet. For the past six years overseas, even during summer's, the temperature never rose above 20 degrees. Shin Ae hid under an umbrella, wishing the heat would just go away. She tried focusing on something else other than the heat. A catchy tune was playing in the background and she sang along lightly.

"Cabi.. cabi... the hottest hottest"

Shin Ae watched as the contestants posed in the most y way possible, twisting their waist in ways she never thought was possible for the human body. It was then she recognized one of them as one of the girls in the picture. 

"Hi," someone greeted from behind.

She swirled around and found herself staring at a cute guy with a sweet smile. She was sure she had seen him somewhere

Then it dawned on her.

The elevator guy.

"Hi! Jin...ki.. right?" Shin Ae scanned through her brain for the name he introduced himself as the last time.

"I'm glad you still remember my name, what are you doing here?"

"I'm working for Miss Korea's media relations now. What about you?"

"Oh... I'm..." Onew wondered if she really couldn't recognize him as the prince of Korea. "I'm a Judge..."

Shin Ae nodded knowingly, "A sponsor?"

"No... Actually I'm representing the royal family." he considered keeping his identity a secret but realized that was not a wise thought when his face may appear on the newspapers or magazines in the near future.

"Oh!" Shin Ae widened her eyes at the information, he's... the prince of Korea? "Your Highness! My apologies for not recognizing you sooner, I just returned from abroad the last two weeks. I'm still in the midst of familiarizing myself with Korea you see." Shin Ae explained sheepishly.

So she just came back to Korea? Well that explains why she didn't know who he was. 

"No, it's okay really," Onew rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, wishing that she had not found out about his identity. He didn't want her to treat him as a royal like every other person, it was kind of stifling for him. Ever since he could remember, people were always giving him special treatment as a royalty. His friends, if he could even call them that, always maintained a safe distance from him. Close enough to be in the privileged group, far enough to be away from the prying eyes of the royal bodyguards.  

"Why did you decide to move back stage?" Onew asked.

"There are some things that I have to do..." Shin Ae trailed off as she saw the girl she had her eyes on just moments ago scurrying off secretly. "I...I need to go," Shin Ae bidded her farewell hurriedly and followed after that girl.

Why was she always running off whenever they met? This time he wasn't going to let her go without a chase.

-------

A/N: sorry for the late update, i'm gonna rush a report out these few days so prob won't be updating so soon. Thanks for the comments :D