Partners

Royal Encounter [on hiatus]

Shin Ae sat by her father's side as she waited for the other party to arrive. She had told her parents about her decision to withdraw from Miss Korea and at the same time asked her father for a favor to introduce her into the organizing committee of Miss Korea. They were perplexed by her decision at first until she told them the reason behind it.

At first, they were reluctant to let her get herself embroiled in the complexities of the entertainment circle but she had a point. The fashion industry was no less complicated than the entertainment circle and if she had to enter this industry sooner or later, it was expected of her to be able to deal with such issues. 

After a little while, the door to the room opened revealing a young man, perhaps only a few years older than she was. The young man greeted her father respectfully.

"Mr Kim, I have heard of your request from my father."

"This is my daughter," her father stood aside allowing her to move forward.

"Annyeong haseyo, Kim Shin Ae imnida," she introduced herself and stuck out her hand for the other person.

"Annyeong haseyo, Kim Jonghyun imnida," he took her hand in his and smiled at her.

------

There was something about the guy that made Shin Ae's hair stand on its ends, in a bad way. She wondered why for he did not look anything weird; on the contrary, he was rather good looking. He had pretty sharp features, his shock of blonde hair did not make him look like a punk, his eyes moving into a slit as he smiled. She decided it was his smile that was unsettling, it felt as though he meant something more than being friendly.

Her dad had left shortly after their introduction, only asking about Jonghyun's dad. It seemed as though their dads were pretty close. Shin Ae figured it must be because of the many partnerships that they have done in the past.

Shin Ae was now sitting in the visitor sofa waiting for Jonghyun's return. He had offered to get them both a cup of coffee.

When he returned, Jonghyun took the seat next to Shin Ae as he offered her a cup of coffee.

"I guess we're almost family?" Jonghyun was giving -eye smile again. Shin Ae cocked her head and looked at him curiously. Family?

"I mean, we're both Kims, that makes us related right?" Jonghyun laughed lightly. "So, do you have any position you were looking at specifically?" he took a sip from his cup of coffee and placed it lightly on the coffee table in front of them.

Shin Ae opened and wondered if she should just be straight about it and tell him to sack the producer. But what if he had some relations with the producer? After all, they had only met for the first time, any other sort of relationship, even working ones would be stronger than what she had with him right? "Perhaps public relations area?"

Jonghyun looked thoughtful for a second then broke into the slit-eye smile once again, "Of course, that shouldn't be a problem. When would you like to start work?"

"Anytime," Shin Ae answered then added as an afterthought, "Now?"

Jonghyun looked slightly surprised but quickly recovered, "Sure, let me take you to to the Public Relations Department."

------

Shin Ae followed closely behind Jonghyun as they maneuvered around the building before arriving at the Public Relations Department. When Shin Ae walked into the place, she thought she had entered a modelling area. The Public Relations Department was made out of 100% women, they were all tall and slim with pretty faces. 

Shin Ae was not short, she was average, at least tall enough to clear the height requirements for Miss Korea. The girls here however seemed much taller. In addition to their well-endowed height, they were all wearing killer heels which made both Shin Ae and Jonghyun looked as though they were hobbits in a land of elves.

Jonghyun led her to a room with the tag "Public Relations Manager" pinned on the door, bypassing the female staffs who started to gather in small groups whispering to one another. Shin Ae sighed and thought that she should have asked Jonghyun to get his secretary or some other (less prominent) person to bring her to the Public Relations Department instead.

Jonghyun knocked on the door and a sweet voice called for them to go in.

"Hyunnie!!" a beautiful girl called out ecstatically as they entered the room.

Jonghyun gave a light cough, signalling to her that there was a third person in the room.

"Jessica, meet Shin Ae. She'll be working in the Public Relations Department from now on."

Jessica eyed Shin Ae cautiously and folded her arms across her chest, "I haven't received any prior notice of a newcomer from the Human Resource Department."

"It was a last minute decision," Jonghyun explained. "Her dad runs the Kim-age Corporation."

Jessica's eyes immediately widened at the name. "Hi, I'm Jessica Jung, Public Relations Manager," sticking her hand out for a handshake.

"Hi, I'm Kim Shin Ae, I hope to learn alot from you." Shin Ae took Jessica's hand in a firm handshake. Making use of her dad's company name was the last thing she wanted to do, but it may just make working out her plans easier.

------