Knitting

Knitting

The girls were heading home from a late night schedule and almost everyone in the van was sleeping. They came back from Japan yesterday to work on their new album in Korea and they’ll go to Japan again for an interview and other album promotions tomorrow morning.

“What are you doing, Pani-ah~?” Taeyeon asked sleepy and rubbed her eyes. She was looking at Tiffany who was wide awake with Jessica sleeping on her shoulder. She was doing something with a punch of pink wool, but the kid-leader couldn’t say what it was supposed to be.

“Knitting.” Tiffany only whispered as a response and told her the obvious.

“You should catch some sleep as well. We have to get up again in 4 hours.” Taeyeon just worriedly commented. She didn’t dare to ask what the younger was actually knitting.

“Yeah, but it’s getting colder and I have to finish this in time. Go back to sleep, Tae Tae. I’ll be okay.”

“Hmm…” Taeyeon sighed and gave her a last worried look before she leaned back in her seat. She was deadly tired and tried to catch as much sleep as possible. However, sleep couldn’t find it’s way to her body as her mind continues to ponder in concern to the mushroom. She glances at the Tiffany from time to time, watching how the girl gets confused and lost from all the knitting that she’s doing. Shortly before they reach the dorm Tiffany hid the work on her bag and pretended to sleep as well.

 

Sunny and Tiffany were sitting in the stand-by room waiting for their turn to record their new songs. Sunny was playing with her DSi and Tiffany was knitting again. The only sound heard in the room was from the short girl’s console. Tiffany couldn’t concentrate due to the sound produced by the hyperactive bunny’s device. This caused her to lose her stitch for the nth time.

“Aigoo, Soonkyu-ah~” Tiffany exclaimed after a short while. She was annoyed because of the lack of sleep and the beeping from the game. The other girl just waved her DSi through the air as she continues to play her game.

“What’s up, Miyoungieee~?” Sunny grinned and used her aegyo voice, totally aware of the fact that it’ll annoy the younger even more. For Sunny, it was fun to tease Tiffany. She observed the girl’s reaction in anticipation but Tiffany was focusing on what she’s doing ‘causing her to oversight Sunny’s aegyo.

“Please, stop it. It’s really annoying.” Tiffany stated while Sunny just looked at the odd thing in Tiffany’s lap.

“What are you even doing?” She asked curiously.

“Knitting.” Tiffany growled. ‘Wow, good job for annoying her, Sunny. Success’ Sunny inwardly cheered herself but raised an eyebrow on Tiffany’s behavior. She just seemingly shrugged it off and continued her game with less movements and a little smile.

 

Hyoyeon was preparing dinner when Taeyeon came to the kitchen to help the Dancing Queen. They made Kimchistew and prepared a few side dishes. The living room can be observed from the kitchen. The other kids were fooling around, sleeping, studying or watching the re-run of Yuri’s drama on TV. Taeyeon spotted Tiffany knitting again but she still couldn’t say what the oddly shaped thing in Tiffany’s lap was supposed to be. She observed her for quite a while. Hyoyeon joined her and looked at Tiffany as well.

“She is knitting all the time.” Hyoyeon stated and Taeyeon nodded in response.

“Neh, but what is it supposed to be?” Taeyeon asked, still trying to figure it out.

“I have no idea… maybe a … shirt?” Hyoyeon uncertainly asked giving Taeyeon a doubtful glance and the looking back at Tiffany’s ‘masterpiece’.

“Hmm… a blanket?” Taeyeon suggested  with a questioning look at Hyoyeon. The two glanced at each other and started to laugh.

“Let’s just finish dinner preparations. Tell the kids to get ready.” Taeyeon managed to say while laughing and Hyoyeon could only nod.

“Kids, set up the table and wake up the sleepyhead. Dinner is almost ready.” Hyoyeon shouted through the dorm.

 

Tiffany was sitting in the living room and watching a re-run of Yul’s drama, but she wasn’t looking at the screen. She just sat there, listening to her surrounding with eyes closed. She wasn’t knitting as well. It was too tiring. She was almost done but she needed a break. Yuri looked at her and noticed her closed eyes. She nudged her shoulder and grinned after Tiffany opened her eyes.

“What’s up? Aren’t you knitting today?” She asked smiling. Tiffany looked exhausted the last few days. She haven’t had enough sleep and now that she’s not wearing any make-up, exhaustion was clearly shown on her face.

“No.” Tiffany closed her eyes again. “I’m almost done.”

“Sica will be glad about it.”

“She’d better be.” Tiffany growled thinking about all the work and lack of sleep.

“I’m sure about it.” Yuri confidently stated looking back at the TV-screen observing herself kissing Lee Jehoon. Tiffany opened her eyes and looked at the screen as well.

“Looks like fun.” She grinned and looked at Yuri. The latter only scoffed and continued to look at the screen. Tiffany was smiling by herself eyes closed again.

“Just finish your work, Fany Fany Tiffany.” Yuri remarked after a while and glanced at the mushroom only to see her do ‘merong’ at her.

 

Tiffany was lying on her bed listening to some music with her headphones. Her knitting laid next to her while she was reading a magazine. Suddenly her door opened and she threw her knitting on the ground out of reflex. Sooyoung looked at her with bewilderment. After recognizing that it was just Sooyoung, Tiffany picked it up and laid it on her bed again.

“Gosh, you scared me. I thought you’re Jessi.” Tiffany said after putting her headphones besides the knitting.

“I knocked, but it seems like you didn’t hear it.” Sooyoung stared at her with a disapproving look. “We told you again and again and again that it’s bad for your ears to listen to your music over headphones.”

“Neh, Unnie.” Tiffany mockingly said. “What’s up, Soo?”

Sooyoung sighed and sit down on the bed besides Tiffany. She looked at the older girl and noticed the exhaustion.

“I’m worried about you, Fany-ah~” She laid her hand on Tiffany’s cheek. “We’re all worried about you.” She added. Tiffany looked at her and smiled with her famous eye-smile.

“I’m okay.” She backed away from Sooyoung’s caring hand and picked the magazine. “I’m resting and I’m not as exhausted as Jessi or Sunny.” She stated looking back at the magazine article about Jessica’s musical which she was reading right before Sooyoung entered.

“At least listen to your music over the speakers. Your room is well sound proofed and you wouldn’t disturb anybody.” Sooyoung said while getting up from the bed. Tiffany nodded. “I’ll leave you with your magazine and your funny knitting.” Sooyoung had left before Tiffany could say anything about the knitting part.  She looked at it and sighed. After she finished reading the article, Tiffany found a new motivation and continued her knitting.

 

So Nyeo Shi Dae was boarding the plane. Tiffany had hooked her arm with Jessica and happily chatted with her. They were on their way to Vietnam for ‘Music Core’ and the JeTi-Couple was the last to enter the plane. Jessica thought they would sit beside each other, but Yoona called Tiffany to sit beside her since she had something to tell Tiffany and Yuri dragged Jessica to another unoccupied seat far behind Tiffany and Yoona. Jessica looked quite confused, but she shrugged it off. She was already in her deep slumber as soon as the plane board off. Yuri could only chuckle at the sleepyhead next to her.

“Thank you.” Tiffany smiled at Yoona.

“Yuri-Unnie instructed me.” Yoona grinned at her and watched her while she unpacked her knitting after she confirmed that Jessica was far away from her. Yuri signaled her that the Ice Princess was already asleep and Tiffany could only smile and chuckle as well. She started knitting while Yoona observes her. Tiffany’s knitting-skill was slowly improving, but even if Yoona knew what Tiffany was knitting, it was still hard to recognize. Yoona watched her for a while before falling asleep as well.

 

The MCing was fun and Tiffany was cheerful as always. Many Vietnam fans gave her strength and she forgot her tiredness. Backstage, she was smiling while observing the other artists. Seohyun was next to her and watched her carefully.

“You look happy, Unnie.” She smiled.

“Yeah, I am.” Tiffany grinned and looked at Seohyun. She finished her knitting in the plane. The finished piece was neatly packed in a paper bag lying on the desk in Jessica’s hotel room.

“That’s good, Unnie.  You know I was worried about you. You seemed exhausted last few weeks.” Seohyun explained. A little worry was still noticeable in her voice.

“It’s okay, Seohyunnie~. I’m fine.” Tiffany gave her a soothing smile. Her smile increase when she felt a pair of arms sneaked around her waist.

“Are you tired?” A sweet voice asked.

“No, just a little bit.” Tiffany laid her head back on Jessica’s shoulder. Jessica had wrapped her in a blanket and gave her a little kiss on the cheek.

“It’s chilly. Be careful to not catch a cold.” She said and hugged her tighter.

“Neh.” Tiffany smiled with closed eyes thinking about the little paper bag.

 

After the concert they were deadly tired. They knew they had to get an early flight on the next day so they went straight to bed. They even refused to turn on the lights. Therefore Jessica hasn’t noticed the paper bag yet. Because of Tiffany’s lack of sleep Jessica was the first one to wake up. She got up from her bed but it was still dark outside and went straight to the bathroom. She woke Tiffany up after getting out of the bathroom.

“Tiff, you have to get up.” She shook the younger’s shoulder softly and kissed her cheek. Tiffany stirred in her sleep and opened one eye to look at Jessica. “Good morning, Sunshine.” Jessica smile at the cute looking mushroom but Tiffany just turned around and continued her sleep. “Why are you so tired anyways?” Jessica asked her usually bubbly girlfriend. Their roles were kind of switched and Jessica felt like it didn’t suit her to be the first to be awake.

“Hmpf…” was the only answer she got. “I haven’t slept much.” Tiffany mumbled against her pillow after a short while.

“Wae? What did you do?” Jessica asked confused. Tiffany just pointed at the desk still lying, her face down on the bed. Jessica looked in the shown direction and found the paper bag. “What’s that?” She made her way to the desk and grabbed the paper bag. It was really light.

“It’s for you.” Tiffany smiled. She was already sitting on the bed and observed Jessica. Her girlfriend reached inside the paper bag and felt something soft and fluffy. She pulled it out. It was pink, but that was all she could see.

“What’s this?”

“A scarf.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I made it.” Tiffany pouted.

“Oh.” Jessica pulled out the ‘scarf’ completely and eyed it from different views. It was smooth and is obviously handmade, but it was oddly shaped more like modern art than an actual scarf.

“I like it.” She stated with a genuine smile and slung the scarf around her neck. “Thank you for making it for me. She approached the still sulking girl and hugged her tightly. She gave her a peck on the lips and smiled.

“Are you serious?”

“Neh, because you made it for me.”

“Good.” Tiffany smile and hugged Jessica back and they stayed in this position for a while.

“Now hurry and wash up. The others are waiting for us.”

 

Jessica and Tiffany left the hotel room hand in hand. Jessica was still wearing the ‘scarf’. They met up with the others and left the hotel.

“What are you wearing, Sica?” Hyoyeon asked and pointed at the so-called scarf.

“It’s a scarf. Tiffany made it for me.” Jessica stated proudly. Hyoyeon could only nod in response.

“So it should be a scarf?” Taeyeon murmured from behind her, still doubtful of it. Hyoyeon looked back at Taeyeon and the both of them broke into a fit of laughter.

 

A/N:

Hey guys :)

I hope you enjoyed reading my litte story ;) I actually got the idea from the scarf my grandma knitted for me (this one looks like a scarf ;)

Thanks to taenysicOT3  for proof reading it ;)

I hope you'll left some comments ;)

Have a nice day <3