Breakups are never final...

I'll Find You - Hiatus

Heavily lip glossed lips, sticky and sweet pressed hard against his and though Siwon tried to pull away the girl pressing herself up against him wouldn’t take the hint. Finally, frustrated, gasping for air he placed his hand firmly on her shoulders and pushed her away, sending her against the opposite wall of the hallway.

He reached to the light switch to his immediate right and flipped it on, bathing the dim hallway in a warm bright glow. Standing in front of him was Hwaseong, dressed in a form fitting black mini dress, strappy heels and clutching a designer bag under her arm she looked every bit the sensual temptress he’d found so attractive a few months ago.

“What’s wrong?” she asked looking thoroughly confused.

Siwon let out and exasperated sigh. What was wrong was that he’d broken up with her-not that they had even been going out officially to begin with- a month ago.

“Hwaseong, we broke up,” he stated slowly and clearly.

She cocked her head to the side, “Oh I thought…you weren’t serious. You know how you guys are.”

She leaned down, offering him a good view of her cleavage, and started to unstrap her shoes.

He felt a small headache coming on. How much more concise could you get than “Hwaseong, let’s end it.”? He’d even used small words so she didn’t get confused.

“No. I was being serious.”

She kicked off her shoes and padded past him to the living room, he heard her bag fall on the floor and the whoosh of a leather seat giving way as she sat down. When he entered the living room she was spread out on the sofa, dress riding up. Despite himself he felt a tingle run up his spine.

“I’m seeing someone right now,” he said remaining where he was.

“Well you can just stop seeing her…” Hwaseong giggled and beckoned him closer.

“It’s serious,” he swallowed, had she always been this alluring he wondered.

No. Not even a little. This reaction to her was new. And he had an inkling of why just looking at her was making him all hot and bothered.

Over a month of little more than heavy petting with Hyoyeon and he was feeling starved, every kiss had him hard and ready to go, the flash of skin when her tops skewed to the side, off her shoulder made him want to lay her out on the floor and grind into her. But she wasn’t ready for that next step. And he wasn’t going to force her.

“It can’t be that serious,” Hwaseong purred, she ran her hand up along her thigh and up to her chest, “The way you’re looking at me, I can tell, she doesn’t give you what you want…what you need.”

He swallowed hard, “You need to leave right now.”

“I don’t think you want me to,” she replied, standing up and making her way to him.

Her lips were on his an instant later and the knowledge that he could have her then and there stirred something in him. She pulled away, a puzzled look on her face.

“You’re not kissing me back…” she whispered.

Through sheer force of will he tore himself away from her. He pulled up an image of Hyoyeon in his mind’s eye and focused on her until he felt his blood cool in his veins. He couldn’t do this. He couldn’t do this to her. To them.

“I’m serious Hwaseong. You need to go now.”

The urgency in his voice must have tipped her off because the frown on her face quickly turned into a knowing Cheshire cat like grin.

“She’s coming over isn’t she?”

Siwon didn’t reply but his silence was answer enough. Hyoyeon came over almost every day, it had become a part of their routine. After work she’d come over and they’d spend a few hours together, usually on the balcony, enjoying the balmy summer weather, sometimes indoors watching one of her favourite dramas. They’d never met outside of his apartment though. It was like some unspoken rule that they couldn’t be seen enjoying a normal date like any other couple. Not until they’d defined their relationship. And they hadn’t.

Not really anyway.

Were they boyfriend and girlfriend? Just dating? Just friends? No. Friends didn’t kiss the way they did; hot, intense, mind numbingly amazing kisses that seriously had him considering just proposing to her so they could get further than second base.

He didn’t want to drag her into the messy paparazzi filled world he lived in. They’d be on her day and night until she finally cracked. Until she decided he wasn’t really worth the trouble.

No one knew the identity of the woman he was seeing, in fact no one knew he and Hwaseong weren’t a thing anymore. He couldn’t afford to drop that bomb yet as they still needed to play up the fan service for the second round of promotions for their drama in a few weeks. Which was perhaps the reason Hwaseong thought he hadn’t been serious.

“I am right! She is coming over!”

Siwon didn’t reply instead he pointed to the door. Maybe gestures would work better than verbal communication. Hwaseong immediately proceeded to sit back down on the sofa.

If he couldn’t get Hwaseong to leave he’d have to get Hyoyeon not to come over. Even though he really wanted to see her. He hadn’t seen her in two days due to his late night schedules and he felt the separation keenly. Talking on the phone didn’t really substitute good old fashioned in the flesh meeting.

He walked out of the living room and to the bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

Her signature ringtone, a hit Super Junior single from four years earlier “y Free and Single” only got to the “Free” part of the intro before she picked up.

“Hyo, hi…how was your day?”

Her reply was cheerful as always, “Busy but fun, finally got my transfer to the marketing department, it’s crazy and hectic but in a good way! You?”

“My day was good, signed a new CF contract,” he paused as she whooped for joy on the other side of the line and congratulated him.

 An unconscious smile spread over his face. He’d long got over the excitement of signing contracts but she always managed to make him feel like that excited twenty year old riding a shooting star to fame and fortune one deal at a time.

 “Listen…about tonight…” he bit his lower lip uncertainly, he could just have her come over and find some way to send Hwaseong packing before then, but he felt uneasy with that idea, Hwaseong was volatile, “We might have to take a raincheck.”

“You got a schedule?”

He loved that she sounded disappointed. Loved what it meant.

“Yeah something urgent came up,” he hated lying to her, it left a bad taste in his mouth, especially given that the reason he was lying was his ex-girlfriend.

“Well, it can’t be helped right?”

 “I’m really sorry…I’ll make it up to you, I promise.”

“It’s okay but I’m going to have to talk to Junseo about these late night schedules,” she went quiet for a moment, “I miss you.”

He didn’t know why his heart always skipped a beat when she said something affectionate to him. Side-effect of love? He smiled.

“I miss you too.”

With that situation dealt with he went back out to the living room. Hwaseong had poured herself a glass of bourbon and was sitting pretty on the edge of the sofa idly flipping through a fashion magazine.

“Made yourself at home I see…” he said wryly.

“Waiting for your new squeeze to make an appearance,” she replied sweetly.

“Well you can wait all you want, she’s not coming.”

Hwaseong frowned, “Aw, you were warning her not to come over…”

“Yeah, so you can leave now.”

She pouted, “What do you mean leave? That’s kind of mean. Besides now we have all night to catch up.”

He was floored. Had she always been this hard to deal with and quite frankly off kilter?

“Well I’m going out now as well so if you don’t mind…” his tone was cold and detached.

She seemed shocked. As well she should have been. He didn’t talk like that usually. He didn’t like talking like that to people. But she was getting on his last nerve.

He pointed to the door.

After a few moments in which she stared reproachfully at him Hwaseong downed her drink, packed up her magazine and walked past him to the hallway. Once she was out, she turned to him looking a little confused.

“I thought you said you were leaving?”

“I lied.”

He shut the door in her face with a smug smile and locked it.

Siwon hadn’t even made it back into the living room when his phone gave a small beep. Incoming text message.

Now that was rude. You wouldn’t want me telling this Ho Hyo of yours why you couldn’t see her tonight would you?

His brows furrowed. Ignoring the base insult Hwaseong had attempted to cleverly insert into the text. How had she known Hyoyeon’s name? He sighed. She’d probably pressed herself up against the door and listened in on the call.

Well some would say eavesdropping was rude. Not that a single syllable would get you anywhere but my Hyo trusts me. And nothing happened tonight.

Her reply was instantaneous.

We kissed and you got hard. I could feel it through your pants. It’s enough to get a girl insecure that her man gets by another woman.

Siwon gripped the phone so tight his knuckles turned white.

Good luck with that.

Beep. Her reply made him tense up in frustration. She had always had a way of truly annoying him.

Thank you babe.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally got some free time and inspiration to write. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.