Mistake

SoHyun and DongWoon One-Shots

She’s there again, Son Dong Woon thought, he was obviously getting annoyed. After his break-up with his girlfriend, Kwon So Hyun, she’s been wandering in Son Dong Woon’s work place but he never show himself. It’s been days since they broke up, but she’s still there, looking around and waiting fot him.

 

It’s been almost 5 days now since she waited for Dong Woon. She counted every day, every hour, every minute, and every second. She almost never eats, waiting for him. She only had 4 hours of sleep, hoping that Dong Woon would come late at night or early in the morning. Today, it was cold and snowing, she didn’t bring a proper coat to warm her up. She looked around as she hugged herself. In one glance, she saw Dong Woon… with another girl. They were holding hands, laughing. She sneezed by chance, Dong Woon heard as he came to her.

 

“Hey.” He smiled as his arms were wrapped around the girls’ waist.

 

She looked at him. Suddenly; she didn’t feel cold as before. She looked at Dong Woon’s arms, they were tightly wrapped around her waists, Dong Woon never did that to her. She smiled back, but her heart ached more every second that passed.

 

“Oppa. Let’s go. It’s getting cold.” The girl said as she pulled Dong Woon in the café.

 

He left without a goodbye. She sat down the snowy bench as tears fell from her eyes to the soft snow that was on the bench. She stood up and ran home, no matter how far her house was from the café.

 

Dong Woon watched her from the window in the café while his girl friend ordered coffee for the both of them. He watched his ex run home in the cold.

 

She got home and cried. Her heart hurts so much. She now knew she couldn’t have him again. She felt the entire fault go on her shoulder. It was my mistake for waiting by myself; it was my mistake for regretting by myself, it was my fault for loving by myself. My heart hurts so much, only realizing my mistakes. It was my mistake for not letting him go, I knew that she would get hurt and couldn’t let go, it was my entire fault, she thought.

 

She felt sorry for Dong Woon for letting a person like her act this way for him. She cried all night. It was 9pm, she decided to apologize and admit her mistakes. She wrote a letter to Dong Woon and ran to Dong Woon’s house. It was far from her house and much further from the café, she was breathless and tired. But she knew she wasn’t gonna be okay if she wouldn’t do this.

 

She reached her house as she rang the doorbell. It was snowing hard but she felt nothing. She put the small envelope in front of his door as she hid behind the bushes.

 

Dong Woon opened the door, only to be greeted by the cold chilling wind. He looked around as saw no one; he looked down as he saw an envelope with such beautiful writing. He grabbed it and closed the door. On the way to his living room he opened the letter. He began to read.

 

“It’s my mistake. It’s my mistake that I loved you too much.

It’s my mistake that I didn’t make you love me as much as I do.

It’s my mistake for not making you love me as much as I wanted to. I’m such a fool.

 

Please forgive me, who loved you so much.

Even though it’s my fault, it’s okay. As long as you’re there, always happy.”

 

He read as he noticed the ink blots on some letters, he knew who sent this to him. And he will never forget.