14: Luhan at the Library

The Pact
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 14: Luhan at the Library

Himchan walked into his house. The maids bowed and he led Dasol up the stairs.

“You brought home a girl, Himchan?” His mother asked in surprise. He never brought home girls.

“She’s a good friend. Her name is Han Dasol. Her father is a partner in the law firm, Kim & Han.

His mother’s eyes brightened and softened. “Ah, of course I know that firm. Welcome to our home, Dasol-sshi.” She welcomed. “You must be very close to my son, if he brought you to our home.”

“Thank you. Yes, he is like a brother to me.” Dasol replied with a polite bow.

“Well, please take good care of him. And you are welcome anytime. You should have dinner with us, unless your parents are expecting you home.”

“Oh, may I? That sounds lovely. My mother is overseas and my father is very busy with a recent scandal of a popular actress, so he will be returning late.” She smiled sweetly.

 

Himchan just watched as Dasol skillfully maneuvered herself around his mother. He could tell his mother was just falling more and more in love with Dasol with every passing minute. At this rate, he wouldn’t end up with Sura – he’d end up with her.

But he had to admit, she knew what she was doing. It was almost scary.


 

 

 

 

 

Luhan groaned.
“Can you not go to the library today? You know I don’t have practice today.” He whined.

“Well, then go home.” Sura said casually. “I’ve been leaving an hour early everyday. I can’t just skip an entire day. You don’t have to wait – no one’s making you.”

He sighed. When she said it like that, it made him feel like he had to wait.

 

“I guess I can go to the library with you.” He muttered.

“Like I said, you can go home if you want.” She repeated.

 

Sura secretly sort of wanted Luhan to stay – but she wasn’t going to say it. And she wanted to see what Luhan would choose.

“I’m going to come.” He said. And when he noticed Sura was going to repeat herself again, he added, “I want to come.”

She smiled. “Okay, come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter