Oops.

Over Flowing Confidence

 

I wonder if the girl in front of me knows half of her is hanging out from her skirt? As I stood in line I slowly started to wonder this same thing for all the girls I saw passing by, wearing heels they could barely walk in and skirts that struggled to hide what they were born with. Unlike them I chose to wear black tights, boots, and a rather extravagantly designed varsity jacket with cheetah print being the main design. 

"They have some balls...", I heard these words whispered behind me by a familiar voice but I chose not too look back as I stared at the girl in front of me. After a moment she went into the club and I stood there, looking up at a broad shouldered man that blocked the entrance. We mad eye contact once but I wasn't exactly confident in me ability to do it again so I simply passed him my I.D. then passed him when allowed. As I entered the club a large sigh of relief left my lips only to be replaced by a deep breath. It smelled like cigarettes and sweat already but still, it was warm. I made my way down the dark hallway before passing another door that led to the club. The music was blaring and there were people everywhere, some dancing while others were simply talking or drinking by themselves. As I shoved passed a few people I met with my friends who were too deep into a conversation to even notice me. 

"Did you hear? They're coming here tonight!", one said. 

"No way! They could never!", another shrieked with disbelief. 

Though I had just gotten to the conversation I already knew who they were talking about. Block B. Yes, I'm a fan, but I didn't come out to talk about them so I just turned to walk away. When I finally made it to the bar I sat with a smile and leaned onto my elbow, resting my head on my hand. It was nice just to be apart of the crowd but of course someone had to ruin it. I felt the cold before I knew what had happened, taking me a good minute to realize that there was a chunk of ice in my shirt and a wet feeling slowly starting to sink in around it. I got up without thinking and cursed loudly before reaching into my shirt and throwing the ice on the counter victoriously. When I turned around to see how the culprit was another cold chill went down my spine. 

In front of me there was standing a short black haired boy... or.. man with a deathly expression and an empty glass. I stared before coughing awkwardly, realizing that it was Taeil. "uh...". Before I could say anything more his soft voice rushed out.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! Someone.. just sorta shoved into me.. I'm sorry. Do you want a napkin? I can get you one if you want? Or a new jacket? Ah.. That looks expensive. I can get it cleaned for you. I'm sorry! Please forgive me", came out of his lips faster than I thought humanly possible. 

After a deep breath he frowned and stared at me with this look that was close to an ashamed dog that ate the food off your plate. What could I do? 

"It's okay. Really. It's fine, it's just a little, it will dry. Thanks but it's okay." 

His face relaxed a bit as I gave a reassuring smile and nodded, both awkwardly looking away after that. Taeil's mouth opened to say something else when suddenly another man appeared at his side with his arm over the worried man. Kyung. 

"wow.... Your eyes are bigger in..." . When the words left my mouth I just laughed nervously and smiled, hoping no one noticed and they would both just walk away. 

"Taeil, why is it taking you so long? You just said you were getting some water", the red head whined. 

Taeil smiled at him and apologized before explaining the incident, Kyung's eyes falling on me for the first time. I blinked rapidly before waving, wondering why they were still here. 

"Yo.." I said. How lame. 

Kyung grinned and waved, asking something I could only get parts of but I still nodded. Suddenly they both smiled and the red head moved an arm over my shoulder as they lead me away from the bar. Wait. What was happening? I looked at them both before shouting over the music, "Where are we going?". Kyung blinked in response before leaning in and explaining that we were going to their table as if it was such an obvious thing. 

"What? Nonononononononono-...". I tried to get away from them both but it was too late, we were already there and I was repeatedly saying no in  front of the group that I have watched online over a hundred times. They all stared at me, a nervous grin spreading across my lips and a wave coming from my hand. The two at my side sat down, Taeil leading me to a seat before sitting down. There was a good minute of silence before Kyung explained the situation, a chorus of "Oh's" coming from the group. As they listened I looked around and counted. 

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6. 

There was one missing, Zico to be exact. Before I could ask I heard B-Bomb's voice ring in. 

"If you're wondering where Zico is he's about to perform." 

I nodded slowly with an 'ah' and thanked him before sitting there quietly again as the others resumed their conversations but only a second after that the music stopped and a new beat started to play with a familiar voice following. It was Zico.