Chapter One

Cho Kyuhyun - The Defenseless Little Magnae

 

Donghae’s P.O.V

Sooo hungry.

Why do we have to wait for Heechul to get back before we can eat? It only makes the fight for food harder.

Mmm, Ryeowookie sshi is a good cook. I like san kyub sal. Damn shame I’m banned from the kitchen.

I can’t help what I do.

Hmm, who haven’t I annoyed today? Ah, Kyuhyun. Where is he? He couldn’t be on the computer could he?

 

_________

“Kyuhyun-sshi?” Donghae digs his chin into my shoulder.

“Neh?”

“What are you doing?” I minimize the game I am playing and open up a different document.

“Nothing.”

“Oh, ok.” He falls silent but doesn’t leave. I know his tormenting isn’t over. I randomly type some words while waiting patiently for his tirade.

“Kyuhyun?”

I sigh. “Neh?”

“What are you doing?”

“I – I just told you.”

“What are you doing?”

“Donghae…”

“What are you doing?”

“Donghae!”

“What are you doing?”

“DONGHAE YAH!”

I grab the cushion that I was sitting on and hurl it at him. It hits him squarely and he falls to the floor. Satisfied, I turn around and resume playing. It doesn’t take long for me to get back into the game. The next few minutes pass in silence and I’m pretty sure that Donghae has left. Or so I thought.

“What are you doing?”

“Yah!!” I jump as Donghae whispers right in my ear. He pokes me in the ribs before running away with a laugh. I laugh with him before shivering at a bad memory that plagues my mind. Absentmindedly I rub where he poked me.

Bright lights, loud noises and pain.

Pain beyond any other.

I can feel it…but it’s leaving me. Or is that me who is leaving?

I try not to dwell on the distant memory for too long as a knock on the door interrupts my thought process. The others in the dorm all go running. Their happy spirit infects me also and I follow along curiously. I have barely reached the corridor before I hear a crazy, high-pitched, off key singing voice. Hehe, yes, Heechul has arrived. Ah and just in time. I found a new game site. I will make him play this one with me.

 

_________

Sungmin’s P.O.V

Does Heechul ever shut up…and eat normally?

On the other hand there is Shiwon who has said ‘grace’ before eating…Shindong just eating normally…Eunhyuk eating as much food as possible and trying to keep it from Donghae…Ryeowook and Teukie eating quietly…Yesung has brought Ddangkoma to the table as well.  But Kyuhyun…why does he look annoyed? I’m glad I’m not the one between Heechul and Hangeng.

 

_________

“I’m going for a walk.” I stand up from the table where we’ve all been sitting for goodness knows how long. I can’t take anymore of Heechul and Hangeng’s continual arguments, comparisons, accusations, jokes, requests for me to take sides – aish, my head seriously can’t take anymore.

“Kyuhyun-sshi, you know its like,” Teukie looked at his watch. “Eleven.”

“I won’t be long. Just make sure you gag these two before I get back.”

“I thought you loved me!” Heechul cried and threw himself at me. He wrapped his arms around my legs and I desperately held onto the waistband of my pants as we fell to the ground. What made it more awkward was that he still had food in his mouth.

“Dwaejee.” Hangeng murmured.

“I’ll love you even more if you let go.” I told Heechul. Well, his reaction was quick. Babo. I moved back so he couldn’t grab me again then turned to Kangin.

“You can do it can’t you?” I asked. He shrugged and nodded.

“Hey, that’s not fair!” Heechul stumbled to his feet and began running after me. I bolted, grabbing my keys before I slammed the door in his face. Faintly, I heard Donghae shout.

“I’m safe for once!”

I breathed a deep sigh of relief before heading away from the dorm.

I didn’t really know where I was going.

I didn’t really know why I was going, I just felt like getting out.

I hummed to myself every so often as I walked.

I peered into a few shops.

It felt so much better to go walking at night. There was a smaller chance of being plagued by fans and antifans alike. At night, you weren’t a celebrity; you were just another normal person. As long as you kept a hat on. I noticed as I peered into one shop that there was a group of three guys following me. Out of instinct, I turned. They immediately followed suit and tried to look as though they were in deep conversation. Frowning, I turned back. I continued on the path I was walking but every time I looked into a window they seemed to get closer. Eager to put some distance between them and myself, I put my head down and moved quicker. I didn’t actually take any note of where I was going. When I finally looked up, I realized I had walked into a dead end alleyway. I heard footsteps and turned around.

“So, I finally meet the famous Chicken.” One of the guys sniggered. Why was he calling me ‘Chicken’…wait that was my nickname during school and these guys…?

I sighed. “You want to relive the glory days of beating me up at school?”

“Well, you’ve never given us an autograph.”

“Never mentioned us on a television show.”

“You haven’t called us.”

I nod and try to edge past them. “I’ll get right on to that. Have a good night.”

“Whoa,” The one I remembered as ChangHyun put his hand on my chest and shoved me back. “You’re not going that fast. We want a performance.”

“Yeah,” Said a small guy, I used to call him ‘Weasel’. “But we don’t have any money so it will have to be for free.”

“Sorry,” I tried walking past again. “Can’t do that.” ChangHyun shoved me again. Angrily, I pushed him back. It didn’t do much good. He was like Shiwon, but double the size. It made him angry though. It might not have helped that he was drunk; I figured that from the bottle in his hand. Angering a drunken guy is never a good move.

“How did you get picked anyway?” Weasel asked.

“I’m just that much better than you obviously.” I smiled. It didn’t stay there though. Weasel punched me in the mouth. Man, did it hurt.

“How about a dance then?” The other guy – nicknamed as ‘Crocodile’ – jerked my arm around. “Can you dance?”

“Better than you ever could.” I pointed out. I shouldn’t have said that either. Crocodile shoved me into the corner of a dumpster. Knowing that I couldn’t go down without a fight, I spat blood out of my mouth and aimed a kick at Crocodile. Needless to say, I missed.

ChangHyun laughed. “Oh look he’s dancing. Keep going.” At his command, Crocodile and Weasel proceeded to beat the crap out of me. I couldn’t get in a hit at all. They kept punching me and kicking me until I was gasping for air on the ground. That was when they backed off. Thinking that they were finished I looked up, only to meet ChangHyun’s eyes. I shook my head weakly.

“Can we have a performance now?” He asked. I shook my head again. How the hell was I supposed to give a performance when I was in pain? Oh right, it was just taunting. He sneered and kicked me in the stomach. Coughing I rolled over and tried to push myself up onto my hands and knees. ChangHyun kicked me down again. Winded, I hit the ground and rolled back over to defend myself.

“Performance?” He asked. Painfully, I shook my head again. This continued with various kicks coming my way. Each one more painful than the last. Finally he dragged me up by the arm.

“Performance?”

“No.” I coughed. He raised the bottle and smashed me over the head with it.

 

-

I'll admit, my first chapater is never my best haha~ But believe me, it will definitely get better with time, I just use the first chapter to establish everything.

Hope you guys enjoy this one!

And I've kept all 15 members in this story because, as a hardcore ELF I really miss the good old days.