Tricks

The Secret of My Boyfriend

Seomi's POV:

I started the game and logged in. Since it was my first time playing, I still needed to make a character. I clicked on 'add character' and started customizing it. When looking around all options 10 times and was thinking of a name really long, I finally finished and started the game. I looked around in the game and started doing quests. After a hour of playing I reached level 10 of the 100. Until now, it was going pretty fast but then I had to do a dungeon quest to proceed to the next 'map'.

(A map was sort of a new level field with new monsters, new cities, new items and more. Every 5 levels you would get a quest to proceed to the next map after you'd finished the dungeon quest of the map. The dungeon quest was the last quest of a map. The reason that it had to be cleared was because it was part of the main-quest, in short, the story of the game and so it is needed that players clear it because it's part of the story of the game. The first map doesn't have a map included.) 

I tried to clear it on my own but failed several times. I tried searching for help but everyone seemed to already have their team with the max amount of people allowed in the dungeon. I sighed. 'Should I wait for tomorrow and see if there are more people stuck here?' I tried to do it one more time on my own but again, without success. I took a look at the rank list. Since the game was released yesterday, I wanted to know how far some people already got. I looked at the person who was first in the list. "K...J...?" I read out loud. 'Weird name for a username." I thought. I saw the offline button changing to online. I looked at the level. '38...Is that even possible for 1 day playing? I doubt the leveling goes that fast once you leveled a few times.' I right-clicked on the name for the options. I scrolled my mouse down to the 'PM' button and waited. 'Would someone that far help a low leveled person?' I thought. I clicked on the 'PM' button and started typing. "Hi, don't know if you have time but I'm stuck at the first dungeon and there isn't anyone who can help me... Would you mind helping me?" I waited a few seconds and pressed 'enter' to send.  I stared at the screen of my computer, waiting for a reply. It would probably be a 'no' or maybe I don't even get a respond. I looked at the rank list and saw the one on the second place also came online. 'Level 26...' Not as high as the first ranked one but still high enough to clear this solo. I looked at the people following in the list, the rest of the first page list were level 26 people. I just wanted to click on the 'PM' button of the second ranked person when I got a reply. "Sure, on my way~" it said. A smile my face. I fast replied to thank him. After a few minutes he arrived and had sent me a party request to team up. 

Once again I thanked him for helping me in the party chat. "No problem~" he replied. I still wondered how he got so far without anyone helping him with the dungeons, so I asked him. "Simple, there's a handy trick to win the dungeon on your own~ I'll teach you if you want~" I thought about it a bit. 'A trick?' I wondered what it could be. "A trick? If you have time for it, sure~ thanks!" I replied. He seemed nice, but should I trust him? Nothing bad could happen right? The worst that could happen was me getting hacked. But since I don't have any good stuff or a lot of money yet, so that wouldn't be that bad.  We entered the dungeon. While my computer was still loading, he already cleared the first road of monsters. "You have a fire spell in your skill list right?" He asked. I looked in my skill list and saw only one fire spell. "Yes, what about it?" I asked. He was waiting in front of the next group of monsters. "It should be able to hit all 4 monsters at once but be careful not to lure the next group of monsters too." He said. I clicked on the spell. A big magic circle appeared. I moved the circle on the spot where the monsters were standing. The circle was big enough to hit them all at once. I right-clicked on my mouse to cast it and attacked the monsters. "Now run, while running cast it again when the 'burn effect' is gone."  I did as he said and started running. I looked at the monsters, their life bar was  dropping because of the 'burn effect'. I casted the spell again and killed all 4 the monsters without losing any point of my own life bar. "Good job!~ And that was the first trick~ if you level up a bit, you get some other skills~ if you have them, I'll teach you the other tricks." He said. After we cleared all roads, we arrived at the 'dungeon-boss.' "But, those bosses can't be beaten alone right?" I asked. "It's hard, but possible with the same trick~ Only some bosses have the same kind of skill and can let your life bar drop for a few seconds. But there's a skill to remove those kind of statuses so if you pay attention you can easily beat the boss~" He explained. It seemed so simple but why didn't anyone else think of that? Well, I would've never thought of that myself though... After finally clearing the dungeon and proceeded to the next map, I was so happy that I fall of my chair. I didn't even notice the pain! Well, that was until I got back on my chair.