When you are not coming.

It's Called Love, Heartbreak, or Friendship

 

You walked out from the bus you took before, and suddenly you felt nervous.

Why the sky is so much bluer than before? Why the sun is shine brightly today?

Somehow you rushed to a cafe, the place that you and he agreed to meet, at the time that well-planned from weeks before. It’s been a long time since you meet him, and finally you may meet him again today.

Yes, he is the one who has a bright smile just like the sun.

Smile that could turns a bitter coffee that you dislike into a bittersweet coffee that you enjoy.

Silently you smiled when you entered the cafe, and the waiters welcoming you nicely. You took your favorite seat at the corner, beside the windows.

“Annyeonghaseyo. What would you like to order?” asked a male waiter as he came up.

“Annyeonghaseyo... I’m sorry, but I’m still waiting for someone,” you answered in a low, shy voice.

Five minutes, ten minutes, half an hour. You looked at your watch for many times. He was still not coming yet, until the same male waiter came again to you, and he held a note.

“Excuse me, but are you Nana-ssi?”

“Ne. What is it?” you asked him confusedly.

“We just received a phone call  and now we have a message for you... It’s from him.” He gave the note to you.

You were getting more nervous and puzzled. Before you read it, you curiously asked to the waiter.

“How was his voice sounds like? Was there something else he said to you?”

“Err... it is so low, heavy voice. He just told me to write that the note is from Pyo Jihoon.”

You nodded. Then you looked at the note and read it. At first you thought that you’ll be fine because this is usually happens before, but in fact you felt so disappointed.

“...You must be so disappointed, but please cheer up.” all of a sudden the waiter said so sincerely.

You let out a bitter smile.

“If you don’t mind, may I ask you questions?” you just nodded to him, and then he asked you, “Was it your boyfriend?”

“He’s just a really nice friend of mine.”

You don’t know why but you feel amused with his appearance, and now he’s going to work again.

Once more, you looked at the note.

Nana,

My cellphone was left behind and I can’t contact you.

Are you read this message now? Are you at the cafe now?

If it’s true, I’m really sorry. I can’t come. Please forgive me.

From: Pyo Ji Hoon

“I’m sorry, but can I ask for something?” you suddenly asked the waiter.

He turned to you, “As long as I can help you, sure.”

“I want a glass of ice chocolate.”

“Of course, please wait for a while.” He smiled brightly.

Before he left, you looked at his nametag on his apron.

Yoo Youngjae. Such a good name, you smiled.

Soon he came with a glass of ice chocolate that you ordered and a cup of ice coffee. But this time, he came up without his apron.

“My shift is over. May I sit with you? If you don’t mind...”

You smiled. “Sure, thank you.”

 

------

 

How is it? I hope you like it.

Love you all!