Do I get my own 'Happy Ever After'?

Mutual Understanding

ENJOY READING~

 

 

****

 

 

 

 “Hey, Kaori, here’s your jacket. You left it in my pad last night.” Sehun winks at me which made six pairs of confused and heated eyes land on me – EXO-M. I feel my blood rush up my face and my heart is thumping loudly of nervousness.

 

 

 

The guys shot me accusing stares while Sehun just stand by me with an annoying grin fluster on his face. The nerve of the guy! He dares to go in the west wing of the campus, which is EXO-M’s territory, to just mock them – which is partly my fault. But that is below the belt! I never, even once, saw any member of EXO-M crossed the east wing, which is EXO-K’s.

 

 

 

Until now, I still do not know the history behind EXO-K and EXO-M’s rivalry. I was just forced by my cousin – which is by the way M’s leader, Kris – to hang around them and to hate EXO-K ever since I attended SM High. And I did without asking why.

 

 

 

Unfortunately, Sehun – K’s magnae – is my lab partner in Chemistry class and we need to finish our experiment as early as possible so we decided to do it in his pad last night. I wasn’t aware that I left my belonging in his pad and now here he is, returning it while pissing EXO-M in the process.

 

 

 

 “Give it to her and leave, magnae,” Kris growls.

 

 

 

I am sweating cold just by his voice. Kris is usually the sweet cousin to me but that is the voice that tells me I did something hugely wrong and I am dead. The other members were silently fuming in their seats. I looked up at Sehun and he is not one bit intimidated. Heck, he is even grinning widely.

 

 

 

 “Very well, duizzhang.” The grin on his face is obviously to annoy the guys. He then turned to me and hands me my cardigan which I accepted with a snort. Kris told me to hate EXO-K so I am not really friendly with Sehun even in class.

 

 

 

 “I can sense that I am not really welcome here so I’ll leave as you please.” He waves then walk away, still with his irritating grin.

 

 

 

“Step in the west again and you die,” Tao yells when he was three feet away. Sehun kisses his middle finger and blow it to him. He ran off before the other magnae could reach him.

 

 

 

Everyone become quiet when Sehun left. Then Chen break it, “He stepped in our territory! Aren’t you doing anything, Kris?” He is obviously furious and dead annoyed.

 

 

 

I choose to be silent for once – I know I’m in fault. I peek up at my cousin and he is glaring down at me. “Let Kaori explain first.” He raises an eyebrow at me.

 

 

 

Oh boy. What did I get myself into? This is that jerk Sehun’s fault! I sigh. “I didn’t go in his place to just hang out if that’s what you’re trying to ask.”

 

 

 

 “Then why?” Lay burst out.

 

 

 

I open my mouth to explain but get interrupted by a loud bang in the table. Luhan stands up and leaves the abandoned room without a word. We all fell silent and follow him with our eyes.

 

 

 

 “Now you’re really dead, Kaori.” Tao whispers in my ear. It took me five seconds to sink in what just happened in my mind. Then I yell, “Shut up” before I stand up and follow Luhan. I could hear their muffled laughter as I run off which makes me even more irritated.

 

 

 

Out of all the six guys, I am the closest with Luhan. You can say we have this special relationship. Well, I like him in a level one octave higher than friends. He became my crush instantly the moment I laid my eyes on him.

 

 

 

 It took 3 long weeks before he confessed that he likes me, too. It’s like a mutual understanding. The feeling is there but no relationship attached.

 

 

 

It was overwhelming, yes. Knowing that your crush likes you too is cloud 9. He’s the sweetest guy ever. But at the same time, I am frustrated – I just don’t tell him. Well in my case, who wouldn’t? If not all, half of the girls in our campus are all over his feet – and I have no rights of him. What am I but just a girl he likes? I’m not a girlfriend – I don’t have any rights to be jealous, to be angry when he fails to send me a text for a day, to stop him when he suddenly feels like flirting with another girl… I’m just someone.

 

 

 

 “In that case, he doesn’t have any rights of you, either,” says a part of my brain.

 

 

 

In fact, I don’t have any idea why I’m going after him. I don’t know why I feel like a guilty girlfriend because my boyfriend caught me hanging out with another guy. But I do feel guilty.

 

 

 

I finally see him in our school garden. He is seated on the bench near the big Oak tree – our bench. That is where he confessed to me. Despite my heavy breathing from too much running, I can’t help the smile on my face.

 

 

 

Slowly, I approach him. “Hey,” I gently tap his shoulder.

 

 

 

I see him glance at me then look away the same second. “Why are you here?” he grumbles.

 

 

 

He doesn’t have any plan of looking at me so I sit beside him. We need to talk. “I just followed you. Now, why are you here?” I quote him.

 

 

 

He snorts. “Why were you in Sehun’s pad?”

 

 

 

I am taken aback for a second. Then I bite my lip to hide the smile. I want to squeal. “Oh my gosh! Is Luhan jealous of Sehun?”

 

 

 

I decide I should bring up the topic of our, errr, relationship since it’s already here. And he is the one who will bring it up. It’s now or never.

 

 

 

 “It’s necessary since we’re classmates. I guess there’s nothing wrong with that.” I try to sound casual. What I said is true anyways.

 

 

 

He whips his head to face me with his narrowing eyes. I swear he will burst out any moment and I automatically wince. But he is holding back.

 

 

 

 “You don’t know what’s wrong with that? That kid likes you! He’s spreading it all around the east like a freaking dog,” he says in gritted teeth. He is containing his anger, I can see.

 

 

 

Wow, furious Luhan. That’s new.

 

 

 

 “And your point is?” I need to send him to his edge – that’s the only way.

 

 

 

He contemplates for a second. Then gave me a puzzled look, “What do you mean?”

 

 

 

 “You said Sehun likes me. So what? Let him be.”

 

 

 

His brows furrow. “Let you develop to him? No freaking way. I don’t want you near him. I will tell Teacher Jung to shift all your classes with him to another.”

 

 

 

Oh my, protective Luhan! The butterflies on my stomach drop awake. I giggle. A little bit of provoking will help. “Luhan, don’t. It’s okay really. Besides, so what we get together? He’s single. I’m single. No complications.”

 

 

 

 “What about me?” he finally burst out. He throws an accusing stare at me. “Are you cheating on me with Oh Sehun? What did you do with him last night anyways?!”

 

 

 

“What? No! We just finished out experiment. And how the hell would I cheat on you when we’re not even a…couple,” I mumble the last part. O dear God. Did I just say that? I panic in the inside but no way will I show it to him.

 

 

 

I hear a loud gasp escaped from his lips. I know, Luhan. I was taken aback by my words too. “Kaori…” Five seconds passed. I don’t dare met his gaze – I will surely give in. “Kaori, you said you like me. And I like you, too.” He says in his now gentle voice.

 

 

 

 “That doesn’t get us to anything. What if one day, you wake up with another girl in your mind? Where does that leave me?” I snap. Gosh, I’m being a brat.

 

 

 

He’s still calm. Why did I snap at him? I want to smack myself down. “Hey, look at me.” He pulls my chin towards him. I hesitate for a moment before I look up in his dark brown eyes. And I’m lost.

 

 

 

 “Kaori, what are you implying?” he murmurs. He is so close and I can’t move. I can feel his warm breath on my lips; his nose nearly touching mine.

 

 

 

“I like you, Luhan. I want you mine.” I utter, lost in him. I didn’t even think of what I am saying.

 

 

 

I see his lips tugged upwards, “As you wish.”

 

 

 

I gape at him. Just like that?

 

 

 

He chuckles. “You said you like me? Tell you what…I’m in love with you,” he whispers the last part.

 

 

 

I can’t find my voice. Why can’t I say anything?

 

 

 “Want another secret?” he gives me an amused look. He pulls me in his arms and starts my hair. “I have been in love with you since grade school. Blame Kris – he won’t stop talking about you. He even helped me sneak out of school just to take a glimpse of you. And when we finally met, I don’t hesitate anymore. But I’m afraid to ask you out since you may find me creepy. So I waited. I am waiting. But I didn’t know that idiot Sehun will get in the way.” He says the name spitefully like a contagious disease and I giggle.

 

 

 

 “I don’t find it creepy,” I say and then blush furiously.

 

 

 

He gives me that amusing look again. “So you mean? I can ask you out?”

 

 

 

I bite my lips from smiling then nod. He laughs, “Under this tree?”

 

 

 

 “Why not? You confessed to me under this tree,” I tease.

 

 

 

 “Should I propose to you under this tree, too?” 

 

 

 

***

 

Sorry if it's crappy. -__- I understand if you're disappointed. =( Thank you for reading anywayss.