The Little Demon

The Land Between Heaven & Hell {LONG Hiatus}

I walked through a devastating looking village. The houses were burnt down or atleast partly. The village covered a fair amount of land and I knew natural causes or a fireplace out of control could not do this much damage. I walked through the ashy ground not leaving a mark behind me as I went.

 

I suddenly heard a loud crack behind me and I reacted by summoning my golden bow, with my white wings behind me, I stood defensively. I did a quick survey of the area and saw nothing but debris that fell onto the ground. I sighed and lowered my bow. I could feel my heart beating from the sound of the fallen debris and I mentally shook my head. I was too alert and was scaring myself, thinking sounds were mere enemies.

 

I bit my lip and relunctantly turned around and continued my walk. I was ordered by my head angel to check the place for any living things but now that I've seen this place nothing could have survived this kind of fire that happened. I was about to end my search but when I walked past a half burnt house I heard soft shuffling.

 

Maybe something could have survived. I listened for more sounds and I didn't hear anymore. Was it a manifestation of something in my mind because I wanted something badly to be alive in this burnt village? I quietly crept up to the house and opened the door while clutching my bow in case of an emergency.

 

The furniture in the house were turned over and ashes lay everywhere. I walked in further but saw nothing out of usual until I turned to leave and saw a figure in a dark corner move slightly. I stopped and looked closely, it was too dark to tell but I think it looked like a child.

 

"Hello?" I asked gently.

 

The figure didn't answer me and I took a step forward. I didn't know how to approach without scaring the figure so I stood there.

 

"Are you okay?" I asked another question. "Are you hurt?"

 

The figure still didn't answer me and I took another step forward.

 

"I won't hurt you." I said softly.

 

I crept slowly forward but I stopped arruptly. I saw the child finally. It was a male, he had tan skin and dark hair. I felt my stomach churn as I saw a small dark aura around the child, signalling the child wasn't human but a demon. I froze. I finally knew what caused the fire.

 

Demons were born from hatred, dirtied holy water, and many other things. My guess here was hatred since there was a very big family feud. I looked at the demon and I couldn't think of anything. I should kill him on the spot, its my job to get rid of demons from areas like these but I couldn't for some odd reason, all I could see was a small helpless child.

 

"What's your name?" I asked quietly.

 

".... J-Jo-Jongin." He replied softly.

 

I could tell Jongin was a newly made demon by how small his aura was. My hands shook as I made my bow disapear. I should kill him right now. My fighting teacher has always told me not to hesitate to kill demons, but this was just a small child.

 

"I'm Do Kyungsoo." I replied.

 

Maybe I could teach Jongin the right ways and he'll be a good demon. There's no such thing as a good demon, kill him now A voice called in my head. I shook my head mentally and stepped over to Jongin.

 

"Are you hurt?" I asked.

 

Jongin shook his head and I grabbed his hand but I quickly retracted as my hand was burned from the heat.

 

"I'm sorry!" Jongin said and he squeezed himself closer to the corner he was at.

 

"I'm fine." I smiled weakly.

 

I healed quickly and I held my hand out to show that I wasn't hurt from him. Jongin looked at me with curious wide eyes.

 

"Do you want to come with me?" I coaxed.

 

"W-where would you take me?" Jongin asked.

 

"Away from here, I'll have to ask Head Angel but I'm sure he'll agree."

 

Jongin looked unsure as if he didn't want to leave this burnt village. If he didn't want to come with me then I would have to kill him, and I wouldn't want to have to do that. Suddenly Jongin grabbed my hand softly, his hands normal temperature and I pulled him up. He was so small, his height only reaching my waist. I smiled down at him and led the way to outside.

 

"K-Kyungsoo?"

 

"Yes?" I answered.

 

"You have pretty white wings." Jongin replied.

 

I was shocked that a demon actually complimented on my wings. A lot of demons break off angels wing for trophys. I shuddered lightly.

 

"Th-thank you. Here let's take a short cut to heaven." I said.

 

I summoned one of my arrows and started to draw a triangle onto the ashy ground. Finishing a oval in the middle of the triangle, I stepped back.

 

"Do you see this? This is a short cut." I said.

 

Jongin stepped forward looking at the sign and nodded timidly. I smiled and put both of my hands on the ground in the oval. I closed my eyes and pushed magic into my hands. Soon a pure white light started to emit from the sign I've drawn in the ground. A golden gate emerged from the ground slowly. I got up from the ground and wiped my hands together.

 

"And this is the Golden Gate that teleports you to heaven." I said finally. "Let's go."

 

I held out my hand and Jongin took it without hesitating this time.