Chapter Three: Reality [Sad Ending/Ending Number One]

Sorry (Mianhae)

SAD ENDING:

 

“Jessica! Please stop joking. It isn’t funny!” Donghae replied, in sorrow.

I bit my lip before answering him. “I’m not joking.”

This was more painful for me then it was for him. I wanted to break down crying in front of him but I knew I couldn’t.

“What did I do wrong? Why do you want to leave me?” he said, hurt.

“It’s because your too dedicated on your singing. You chose singing over me, your girlfriend.” I didn’t mean that. I loved him for him and all I needed was being next to him.

Donghae grabbed my hands- firm yet gentle. “I’ll change. Please don’t leave me Jessica. I love you so much and I can’t stand to see me lose you.”

“It’s all too late Donghae. If you love me, let me go,” I shot back coldly.

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I yanked my hand back and turned around. I clenched my hands near my chest. My heart was killing me. ‘This was for the best… mianhae, Donghae. I know I’ve been deceiving you all this time… I really meant well. I really did’. I thought. Donghae is better off without me. I saw Taeyeon outside, waiting for me. She ran up to me and hugged me.

“I know it hurts, Jessica.”

I couldn’t hold my tears back anymore. “It hurts so much! I feel like my heart just died…”

I began sobbing and Taeyeon patted me on the back. She led me to her car and we headed back to the hospital. The following days were dull. Finally, on the day that Donghae was going to get his music awards, I had a bad intuition about something.

Like the last few days, Taeyeon sat on the chair in the corner reading a book.

“Taeyeon!” I called out.

She looked up. “Yeah?”

“It’s today… isn’t it?”

“What’s today?”

“Donghae is going to get his music award today…”

“Oh yeah. He is, isn’t he?”

“I have a bad feeling something’s going to happen today.”

“To Donghae?”

“Possibly,” I replied quietly, unsure. “Do you think I can leave the hospital- just for a few hours?”

She shook her head at me. “I’m pretty sure it’s not a good idea.”

I bit my lip. “Then can you go see them in my place?”

She was shocked by what I had asked her to do for me. I gave her my puppy dog face and she laughed.

“Alright, I’ll go!” she said defeated.

I grinned. “Taeyeon… can you see if Donghae is well? You know, since I can’t go?”

“Is that a good idea?”

“Please?”

“Arasseo… When does it begin?”

I glanced at the clock. “About an hour I believe.”

She quickly got up. “Then I should go now or else I’d be late!”

I waved goodbye as she left. When she did, I gently whispered after her quietly so she wouldn’t hear:

Forgive me Taeyeon, for lying to you. Something bad is going to happen but it’s not to Donghae- it’s me.

I’m dying today and I know it.

I’ve been in pain all day but I was strong enough to hide it from Taeyeon. When she finally left, I collapsed in bed. The last thing I saw was the doctors and nurses running in…

*****************************************************************************

(Taeyeon’s POV)

I did as Jessica said and went to see Super Junior get their music awards. The fangirls were really loud and I thought my eardrums were going to burst. As I struggled to get through the crowd, I noticed Donghae and Leeteuk staring at me. I thought it was just a coincidence- maybe he didn’t really see ME. That was when he pointed at me and my blood ran cold.

. He was supposed to see me. I’m so dead. I turned to run and Donghae came after me. He, surprisingly, was faster than me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side.

“Taeyeon-ssi?”

I didn’t say anything. Donghae examined my face closely.

“It’s you. Where’s Jessica?”

“She’s not here.” I replied quickly.

“Where is she?”

“…at home.”

“You’re lying. I went by her house multiple times and she was never there.”

I gulped. “She was hiding from you.”

Donghae let out a fake laugh. “Hiding from me? I still don’t understand why she left me!”

“It’s better if you forget her. That’s why she left you. She wanted you to forget her,” I shot back.

“Why?”

“It’s better if you don’t know. She wouldn’t want me to tell you,” I tried to say but he wouldn’t listen.

Suddenly, my phone rang and I picked it up.

“Yobosaeyo?” I said into the phone.

“Is this Jessica’s family/guardian?” the voice on the other end said.

“I’m looking after her right now. Yes.” I replied.

“I’m sorry to inform you that Jessica has just passed away…”

I literally dropped the phone and my hands covered my mouth. Tears streamed down my cheeks like there was no tomorrow. I fell to my knees, sobbing my heart out. It’s not true. It couldn’t be true. She must’ve known she was going to die today so she sent me away. I should’ve never left her. What kind of a person was I?

Donghae saw me in such a pitiful state and he tried to comfort me. “What’s wrong?”

It was okay to tell him now wasn’t it? “…………..died.”

“I can’t hear you…” he said, ever so innocently.

“…she just died.”

“Who?” he asked once more.

Jessica just died.

…and it was like time stopped. It felt like a nightmare that Donghae and I would never wake up from but sadly, this was reality.

____________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE: THIS IS THE SAD ENDING TO 'SORRY [MIANHAE]'! THIS WAS THE ENDING I HAD ORIGINALLY PLANNED...