Revelation

The Blind Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Open Eyed Revelation

Lei noticed something was wrong since she didn't hear Roxanne's screams of delight every morning after her parents were gone, nor did she see her walking around in the morning, greeting all of the staff. Heck! Roxanne hadn't even bothered to talk to her. She felt somewhat disappointed that she could cloud her head like that over a boy. But, damn, it had been two weeks already. 

She quietly made her way upstairs after inserting some clothes inside the dryer. The day had been tough and without Roxanne's cheery aura around them, the staff felt as if every task was harder and heavier than any other day. Lei knocked softly on Roxanne's door before opening it slowly.

"May I come in?" 

tick tick tick tack tack tick tack tick tack tick tick tack tick the phone's keyboard emited.

"You may" came a muffled response from under the covers. tick tick tack tick tack tick tack tack

Lei sighed softly and made her way towards the curtains before opening them. But she knew Roxanne wouldn't even flinch at the sight so she then made her way towards Roxanne's bed and pulled the covers. When the cold air came in contact with Roxanne's body, she hissed and shivered slightly, grabbing her pillow.

"L-Lei!" she whined. "What was that for?"

"It's almost dinner time and you haven't come out of your room! You haven't even eaten all day!" Lei complained.

"Oh.. Really? I hadn't even noticed the time was passing so quickly. I was just talking to--"

"--Jinki, weren't you? Roxanne, your life doesn't revolve around that boy" Lei said shaking her head disapprovingly.

"W-Well maybe it doesn't b-but he-- New message!" Roxanne beamed and turned her attention towards the phone, listening in and then typing in her answer. 

"Roxanne! That is rude! Pay attention when people are talking to you" Lei spat, snatching the phone out of her hands.

Roxanne sat up and fiddled with her hair as she looked down. "S-Sorry Lei.." Lei hadn't yelled at her so hard ever since she was around 14 and she had purposely messed up her parents' bedroom for being mean to her. 

Lei let out a soft sigh, taking a seat next to Roxanne in the bed. "I.. I'm sorry Roxanne. I didn't mean to yell. It's just that I'm so worried. What if this Jinki fellow hurts you? I know how devastated you'd be if anything happened but--"

Roxanne interrupted her by placing her soft, small hand on her chest. "Lei. It's fine. I know Jinki and he's the best friend I could have. He's sweet, understanding, and I know for certain he would never try anything to hurt me. He's too clumsy to do so" she ended with a giggle and Lei couldn't help but join in with a chuckle.

"Well, if you trust him then I don't see why I shouldn't. But you need to go out more, alright? You can text him downstairs while eating a nice and healthy breakfast. Besides, you can't keep skipping class like that. I can't keep telling your teacher that you have a fever all the time" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Alright! No more staying in or sneaking out.."

"Good, because--"

"After today" 

"Roxanne!"

"Aren't you excited honey because I surely am excited"

"I think you've expressed your excitement enough, dear"

"I know but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter