No Regrets

No Regrets

 

A ring-adorned hand curled around the glass of alcohol as its owner leaned against the bar counter. Baekhyun let his eyes wander across the club with its flashing lights, thumping house music and moving silhouettes. 
 
Among the ones on the dance floor, he could pick out two familiar ones right in the center. One looked right at home and the other looked all too ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
 
This whole night outing had been the idea of Kim Jongin (who else really) who vehemently insisted that everyone ought to party the night before school reopened and they sold their pitiful souls back to education. It was also his bright idea to drag his boyfriend, who had never stepped into a club before, along as well. 
 
Baekhyun took a sip of his drink as he mentally laughed at the sight of a half-drunk Jongin dancing ily around an awkward Kyungsoo. What made the situation even more hilarious was the number of girls trying to get Jongin’s attention through every way possible but failing miserably. 
 
It was nice of Jongin to invite him along but clubs weren’t really Baekhyun’s thing. He did go now and then to keep an eye on his party animal of a friend but now that Jongin was ignoring him in favour of trying to show off to his boyfriend (or perhaps get into his pants), Baekhyun was bored. 
 
Dancing alone at a club was just sad. Being hit on by girls he would never be interested in was irritating. 
 
Baekhyun tipped his glass back, finishing off the last of his drink as he signaled for another from the bartender. He picked up the shot glass and entered the dance floor, stumbling a little as he went. The buzz from his last ten or so drinks was getting to his head. 
 
“Kyungsoo-ah,” Baekhyun caught a hold of his wrist and slipped the alcohol into his hand. “Just relax for tonight.”
 
He gave Jongin a wink before turning around to leave. 
 
“Aren’t you gonna dance too?” Jongin called after him, slightly worried.
 
“When I feel like it,” Baekhyun shrugged. “Don’t worry about me and enjoy yourselves.”
 
He squeezed out of the packed dance floor, not caring which direction he was heading in. Did it matter now? Not really. Baekhyun was just going to get some fresh air outside and then maybe he’ll…
 
His foot hit something hard in the darkness causing him to flail, stumble… And find himself squished against something hard. 
 
“Oh my god! Are you alright? Are you hurt? Don’t die on me!”
 
The only thought running through Baekhyun’s head was that if he did not get oxygen into his lungs in the next thirty seconds, he would definitely be. He stuck his hand against what appeared to be another human and shoved. The resulting yelp gave him a sort of satisfaction that was merely short-lived as he began gasping for air in-between coughs. 
 
A large hand thumped down on his back and Baekhyun swore his body almost split in half.
 
“Stop it whoever you are! Please.”
 
Baekhyun knocked the hand away and staggered back. As he looked up, he came face to face with a tall, stick figure of a man with both his eyes and mouth wide open. He looked positively, handsomely, ridiculous. 
 
Baekhyun was stunned. He didn’t expect his two-time murderer to look… Like this.
 
“Your eyeliner… I m-mean… Your eyes,” the other stammered nervously. “I-it makes it umm…”
 
“They look beautiful,” he finished lamely. “I mean, uh. Are you okay?”
 
Baekhyun blinked for a full second before bursting out in laugher. He felt his shoulders being grabbed and shaken vigorously. 
 
“I’m sorry. Oh my god did you hit your head?”
 
The panicked expression on the stranger’s face only served to send Baekhyun into another uncontrollable fit of laughter. 
 
“It’s not funny!” The stranger was mortified. “What if I need to send you to the hospital?”
 
Baekhyun gripped the thigh in front of him to steady himself while trying to gasp for air. “Oh please god no. I’m fine okay so just. Stop. Before I really die.” 
 
That shut the stranger up and he resorted to eyeing him suspiciously, doubting that he was truly fine as he said he was.
 
“Okay, for one,” Baekhyun managed to recover enough to speak properly. “I tripped over your pair of giraffe feet sticking out across the floor.”
 
A muttered sorry.
 
“Two, you tried to suffocate me and pound me into the ground which, thank goodness, didn’t succeed.”
 
Another muffled sorry.
 
“And lastly, you’ve made my, otherwise boring night, a tad more interesting so I shall buy you a drink.”
 
The tall stranger who had been looking down throughout Baekhyun’s lecture suddenly jerked up. “Wait, what?”
 
Baekhyun hopped onto a seat next to the strange man and called for drinks. He turned back to find a pair of eyes oogling at him as if he were an alien.
 
“You’ve got to stop that... I didn’t get your name,” he squinted.
 
“C-chanyeol?”
 
“Okay, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun patted him on the shoulder. “That look is freaky. No matter how I look like to you right now, I’m most definitely a human.”
 
Their drinks were served to them and they each took a sip in awkward silence.
 
"So why aren't you out there partying with the rest of them?"
 
Chanyeol glanced over at his new companion. He was dressed in a black leather jacket, wifebeater and tight skinnies - typical clubbing wear. His hair was styled in a slightly messed up fashion and he had on a copious amount of eyeliner (which Chanyeol had to admit) made his eyes stand out.
 
Chanyeol tugged nervously at his red blazer. He was used to wearing things like t-shirts and jeans a.k.a normal civilian everyday clothing. Netted tops and ripped jeans did not fit into his definition of normal or everyday clothing. For the six-hundred-and-thirty-seventh time that night, Chanyeol regretted ever letting Wufan decide on his wardrobe for him.
 
"I don't normally come to clubs," Chanyeol shrugged. "Just accompanying my friends."
 
He pointed at the two tallest males at the edge of the dance floor. One was blonde and pretty handsome while his dark-haired companion was eyeing the thronging mass of people in suspicion. 
 
“Would you believe me if I told you my story was the same and my friends aren’t any different?”
 
Baekhyun grinned as he directed Chanyeol’s attention to Jongin and Kyungsoo. The alcohol had helped loosen Kyungsoo up a bit but he was still as awkward as ever. Jongin on the other hand, had decided to start kissing his boyfriend much to the horror of the girls.
 
Chanyeol laughed, nearly spilling his drink. His voice was rather low and sounded quite good in Baekhyun’s opinion. But that was probably Baekhyun’s drunk opinion.
 
“I’m willing to bet they are monsters when they are alone.”
 
“How do you know?” Baekhyun gasped. “There was one time I wanted to go over to their dorm to pass Jongin his assignment and well… Let’s just say I didn’t want to know what they were doing.”
 
“No . Cause that’s what happened when I went over to Wufan and Zitao’s dorm too.”
 
Large grins slowly spread on their faces. 
 
“I can’t believe I’m telling you this but what the heck.” An evil glint shone in Baekhyun’s eyes matched only by Chanyeol’s own. 
 
“Me neither but I bet mine are worse than yours.”
 
“Oh really?” Chanyeol’s reply was met with a scoff of disbelief.
 
“Okay so you know how awkward Kyungsoo looks right?” Baekhyun launched into his story, quite aware of the fact that he should be shutting up but he was too gone to care. 
 
 
 
“You know,” the taller male turned to face Baekhyun. “I’m beginning to like you a lot.”
 
Chanyeol hung his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder and pulled him into a half hug. 
 
“I’m beginning to like you a lot too,” Baekhyun leaned into the embrace.
 
He had completely no idea what he was doing but everything had been going fine up till that point so he supposed it didn’t matter and it didn’t feel all too bad either. Chanyeol’s shoulder was nice, broad and possessed all the qualities of a comfortable headrest. 
 
Baekhyun approved.
 
They remained like that for a while before Chanyeol spoke up.
 
“Umm…”
 
Baekhyun looked up at him. “Mmm?”
 
“I need to pee.”
 
They blinked at each other and Baekhyun eased himself off, sitting back upright. 
 
“Sure, go ahead,” he observed in amusement as Chanyeol turned red in embarrassment and got off his chair, grabbing it for support. “Actually, on second thought. I need the toilet too.”
 
Chanyeol finished his business first and proceeded to wash his hands at the sink. He ran a damp hand through his hair, smoothening it out. Baekhyun washed his hands and stood there staring at Chanyeol’s reflection in the mirror, slightly stoned. 
 
“A-are you alright?” The taller male gave him a concerned look and leaned closer.
 
Baekhyun snapped out of his daze, jumping back in shock at the sudden proximity. “Y-yes I’m fine! I’m not drunk and I-i wasn’t staring at you I’m sorry.”
 
Chanyeol grabbed his shoulders firmly. “You shouldn’t apologise and live in regret!”
 
Baekyun blinked slowly, unable to process the meaning of the previous statement. “Umm okay?” 
 
An awkward minute passed as they stared at each other.
 
 Baekhyun wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol or the fact that Chanyeol’s lip looked really appealing of a sudden but he decided to just lean in and kiss him anyway.
 
Silence.
 
Chanyeol’s eyes widened. Baekhyun blushed and turned around. He was about to walk to the exit when Chanyeol grabbed his arm, stopping him.
 
His eyes were still wide but there was a hint of uncertainty.
 
“Did you regret that?”
 
“I’m trying not to,” Baekhyun whispered.
 
Chanyeol slowly turned the other around so that they faced each other again. He tilts Baekhyun’s chin upwards and bends down, pressing his lips onto Baekhyun’s. 
 
By this time, alarm bells were ringing incessantly inside Baekhyun’s head telling him that now would be a good time to run and that he was clearly drunk and in danger. Baekhyun could feel the weight and heat of Chanyeol’s body against his as he allowed himself to be backed up against the wall, arms slipping around around the taller male’s neck.
 
He let out a small moan as a thigh pressed in between his legs, opening his mouth to let Chanyeol’s tongue slip in. 
 
Maybe this time, Baekhyun wanted to be in danger.
 
Chanyeol knew it was wrong to take advantage of another human especially a newfound friend but common sense had already been drowned hours back by the tequila and extended exposure to kohl-lined eyes. 
 
The only thought running through his mind was how gorgeous Baekhyun’s eyes looked as they flutter close then open again to stare at him half-lidded in pleasure.
 
“Hey,” Baekhyun breathed heavily, his fingers tangling themselves in Chanyeol’s hair. “No regrets right?”
 
He pulled Chanyeol’s head downwards and leaned in for another kiss.
 
 
 
Jongin looked at his friend sigh for millionth time in the past hour and rolled his eyes. “Spit it out before I use your bed to Kyungsoo tonight.”
 
His boyfriend’s eyes grew as wide as saucers. “What?”
 
Baekhyun merely sighed again, stabbing a fork at the mess that was originally his lunch. “What if he doesn’t remember me?”
 
Jongin immediately facepalmed. He took a deep breath to calm himself down before speaking again. “Why don’t you ask him then? That’s him over there isn’t it.”
 
Baekhyun cast a quick glance in the direction of Jongin’s finger and upon seeing the familiar face, he grabbed Jongin’s arms in a death-like grip.
 
“Are you insane?! No. Oh my god. NO. I can’t.”
 
The look that Jongin gave him clearly said ‘why-am-I-friends-with-you-again’ but Baekhyun didn’t really care at that moment. He was mentally cursing himself for being stupid and drinking so much that night. 
 
 
 
“Are you Kim Jongin?”
 
Jongin closed his locker door and came face to face with a tall foreign-looking dude. He eyed him suspiciously.
 
“Yes, and you are?”
 
“Wufan, Chanyeol’s friend.”
 
“Oh.” 
 
Wufan heaved a large sigh. “I need your help. Chanyeol is…”
 
Jongin gave him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder. “Don’t worry, I know exactly what you mean.”
 
“Got any ideas?”
 
“Well, just one,” Jongin smiled.
 
 
 
Baekhyun sat on the floor of Jongin’s room and stared in dismay at the pile of books in front of him. 
 
“Since you’re always asking Kyungsoo about homework and I kind of need him to myself,” Jongin grinned. “I got you a tutor. He’ll be over soon, please show him your hardworking self.”
 
Baekhyun was speechless for two reasons. One, from the sudden ‘helpfulness’ of Kim Jongin. And Two, from the skyscraper pile of books he was supposed to read. Well, it wouldn’t hurt to appear hardworking right? 
 
He opened a book and started to read.
 
It wasn’t long before there was a knock at the door.
 
“Come in,” Baekhyun looked up from the notes he was copying and he could’ve sworn his heart stopped. Because in walked Park Chanyeol dressed in a collared tee and wearing black-framed glasses.
 
“You!” Baekhyun blurted out.
 
“Me? You mean ‘you’! What are you doing here?” Chanyeol fumbled, dropping his notes. "Wufan told me that he needed to pass some notes to a friend of his but he wasn't free to do so."
 
"And Jongin told me that someone was gonna tutor me," Baekhyun groaned, tossing his pen on the table and flopping on the floor. "Clearly we've been had."
 
Awkward silence followed in which both men looked at each other. Chanyeol shifted his weight from foot to foot awkwardly while Baekhyun sat up again, albeit stiffly this time.
 
It was Chanyeol who broke the silence first.
 
"Um, about that night... I'm s-"
 
"Don't."
 
"What?"
 
Baekhyun repeated himself. "Don't apologize." 
 
He smiled awkwardly, trying to ease the tension a little. "No regrets right? I remember."
 
Even though Baekhyun appeared to be relatively calm on the outside, inside he was anything but. Part of him wanted to burst out of the room yelling for the bloody head of Kim Jongin while the other part of him wanted to just blurt out how much he would really like Chanyeol to come closer because he looked stupidly hot in his glasses. And not to mention how ridiculous it sounded but he has probably
 
"-fallen for you."
 
Before Baekhyun knew what hit him, Chanyeol's lips were on his again. Memories of that night flashed through his mind and he pulled back, startled.
 
Chanyeol looked at him sadly with his large eyes. Curse those glasses.
 
"Wait wait wait," Baekhyun held up a hand, trying to regain his composure. "What do you mean by 'fallen for you'?"
 
It was Chanyeol's turn to give him a puzzled look. "We're you not paying attention to what I said?"
 
"Uhh..."
 
Chanyeol grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him in dismay. "How could you? That was my best confession yet!"
 
It took a whole of two slow minutes for Baekhyun to piece everything together. "Oh you like me," was all he managed to say. "I like you too."
 
"Please don't make me confess again," Chanyeol begged. "It was hard enough the first time- oh you do?"
 
"Yeah, I do," Baekhyun bit his lower lip nervously.
 
"So this is mutual right?" Chanyeol asked, not wanting to believe it.
 
Baekhyun nodded.
 
They looked at each other and a large silly grin slowly spread on both their faces. They threw their arms around each other and laughed rolling around the floor. Chanyeol flipped Baekhyun over and crawled on top of him, eyes shining with mischief.
 
"You know what we should do?" 
 
Baekhyun helped Chanyeol adjust his glasses that had been knocked askew. "What?"
 
"Take revenge."
 
Baekhyun returned his evil grin. "I love that idea."
 
 
 
Jongin yawned as he poked at his undone assignments. Kyungsoo and Zitao were the only ones actually reading the notes. Wufan lounged on the large beanbag playing a game on his phone.
 
Suddenly a loud moan was heard and the four of them froze, their heads turning as one towards the closed door where Chanyeol and Baekhyun were.
 
It was followed by a loud thump and more .
 
"C-chanyeol... Ahh.. Not here... Nnngh..."
 
The four of them turned back to look at each other awkwardly.
 
"FOR GOD'S SAKE, WE'RE HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH BUT KEEP IT DOWN WILL YOU?" Jongin finally yelled.
 
His only answer was another moan.
 
Jongin sighed and searched for his iPod and noise-canceling earphones.