The Talent Show

The Talent Show

 

“Okay. If you think you can do this I’ll believe that you can.” He said. “But if you’re only doing this to make me feel better you don’t need to do this alright?”

 

I just nodded my head a little still dazed from what I just got myself in to.

 

I can barely say a speech in front of the class without stuttering. How the heck am I going to sing in front of the whole school? Especially if Sungmin is going to be in the front watching me.

 

========================================

 

“You idiot” Heechul hyung said while I repeatedly banged my head on the table.

 

“Yeah I know” I replied just deciding to rest my probably red forehead on the table instead of abusing it.

 

After agreeing to sing at the talent show this Friday (which by the way, is only two days away), Sungmin showed me his bright smile and headed off to class while I was stuck with the Eunhae couple. We decided to practice after school today but I seriously don’t think I can do this. Why did I even agree to do this?

 

……….Dammit my cute little bunny.

 

But there’s no turning back. Before the Eunhae couple left they explained to me that I’m singing in the last portion of the talent show where the judging will begin. The style of the competition will be in duets with your opponents and see how well you do working with them but at the same time against them.

 

Confusing right? Yeah I know.

 

And if that’s not bad enough, the song has to be Disney themed from America. Do you have any idea what that means? It means singing in English.

 

What.the.hell.

 

My life is officially over.

 

After embarrassing myself in front of the whole student body, everyone will tease me but worst of all. Sungmin will be disappointed in me. That’s what will hurt the most. Screw my life. I was going to continue thinking my depressed thoughts until I felt someone slap me on the side of my head.

 

“Hyung!”

 

“Get a hold of yourself Kyuhyun! Right now! No minion of mine will let anyone take them down not even that talent show. That’s is NOT how we do it here.” Heechul replied looking like he will hit me again if I don’t snap out of it.

 

“Okay, okay. Just don’t hit me again!”

 

“Cho Kyuhyun I swear if you don’t snap out of it right now, I’m going to-“ he said raising his hand that is now curled into a fist

 

“ Yes I got it I’m okay I calmed down” I said quickly not wanting to feel the wrath of my hyung.

 

He just sighed and put his fist back down. “You got yourself into this mess because of that bunny, so don’t you dare turn back. You’re going to sing-“ I winced “in front of the whole school and you will sound fantastic!” He yelled in determination.

 

I just sighed. “Hyung, I have to get going. Donghae, Eunhyuk and Sungmin are probably waiting for me right now.”

 

He just nodded my head then raised his hands to hold my face in between them and gave me a sloppy kiss on my forehead.

 

I quickly pulled away wiping my poor forehead with my uniform “Heechul you are so weird!” I said still vigorously wiping his germs off of me.

 

“Love you too my dear dongsaeng.” He said with a smirk not directly at me walking away.

 

When I turned around to see what he was looking at I came face to face with Sungmin. Oh my god did he see that?

 

He just stared at me for a little then said, “You two are close,” he said looking down slightly.

 

“Yeah, we're basically brothers.” I said a little confused to what was going on. But he just hummed in response.

 

He looked me back in my eyes again then showed me his breath-taking smile and said “Well, I came to pick you up for practice.”

 

I just blushed and quickly nodded.

 

When we got to the dance studio the Eunhae couple was already practicing their routine for the Dancing portion of the “competition/ talent show”. And let me tell you, they look absolutely amazing. I could never move like that. But in the corner I could see two guys standing there talking. Why are they here?

 

Sungmin then turned to me and said, “Let me introduce you to Ryeowook and Yesung hyung.” He said slightly pulling on my hand since I was probably just standing there like an idiot staring at him. I just let him lead the way.

 

“Wookie and Yesung hyung, this is Kyuhyun. The one who will be taking your place in the show.” Said Sungmin as he introduced us. I bowed to them wondering why they were here if Yesung was sick.

 

Ryeowook and Yesung quickly looked me over and I could see a little smirk on his face. I looked at him confused but then he said “Sungmin… when were you going to mention that this kid is also your boyfriend?” he said teasingly gesturing to our still in twined hands.

 

 Both of our faces heated up but my bunny saved me telling Yesung that, no, we are not together. I just sighed in disappointment but quickly took ahold of myself once again when Sungmin looked back at me with a questioning glance. I could see a little pout forming on his face from Yesung hyungs teasing.

 

God, he’s freaking adorable.

 

“- So that’s why Ryeowook and I are here.” Yesung said in a raspy voice. What?

 

“Oh, um, I’m sorry. What?” I asked a little embarrassed from zoning out in front of them. Yesung just raised a brow while Ryeowook and Sungmin giggled. I could feel my face getting hot again.

 

“As I was saying, I’m still not well enough to perform this Friday and I tried to convince Wookie to go but he’s just to stubborn.” He scolded Ryeowook but you could still see the adoration in his eyes when he looked at him. Oh, so that’s how it is. “But, since we heard that this will be your first performance, we decided to come and help you warm up and practice.” He finished with a slight smile.

 

Oh thank you god! Maybe now I won’t look like a total idiot in front of the school. After explaining to me what was going on. We had to leave the Dance Studio (and my bunny T_T) to go to an empty classroom. They both helped me warm up by hitting a few notes but then it got to the part of where I was dreading. The singing part.

 

“Okay” Ryeowook said while giving me a sheet with lyrics on them. “I think that this will be a perfect song for you.” It was titled “A Whole New World”. My partner was a girl named Charice.

 

“But let me warn you,” he said seriously “This girl is an amazing singer. The only problem is that she projects and forces her voice out too much and you just have to be a little more confident.”

 

“Let’s hear the chorus.” Said Yesung while leaning on one of the desks.

 

I was a little nervous but then when I started to sing everything was going away. I imagined Sungmin in the crowd looking up proud at me while I sung to him. I wonder how he will react if I would just look at him throughout the whole song. I laughed bitterly in my head. He would probably beat the crap out of me when I get off the stage looking disgusted.

 

Before I knew it, I got lost in the song. Instead of singing only the chorus, I ended up singing the rest of the song. When I opened my eyes again. Yesung and Ryeowook had an amazed and proud look on their faces.

 

“You have never sung before?” asked Ryeowook bewildered. I just shook my head.

 

Yesung broke out into a huge smile and patted me on the back “After this Talent Show. You are totally joining the singing club. No excuses.” He said with a glint in his eyes.

 

I was too shock to speak. Was I really that good?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

(Time skip to Friday)

 

After rehearsing over the last couple two days with Ryeowook and Yesung the day has come. Holy crap.

 

I could barely see Sungmin any time in between those days because he was to busy setting up for the show. But I had lunch with him yesterday. Only him and me.  Sigh. I still miss him.

 

“Kyuuuuuu~” I heard a voice calling out to me. When I turned around it was my bunny running towards me. I couldn’t help but smile at him.

 

“Hi.” I said looking down shyly. When I looked back up I could see him smiling at me too. Should I?

 

“Are you ready? Don’t be nervous okay? I heard from Yesung and Ryeowook told me you were amazing. So don’t freak ou-” but I cut him off.

 

“I’m alright Sungmin.” I said smiling at him with a soft look in my eye seeing him fuss over me. Could he really care for me in the way I do for him? I’ll never know if I don’t try.

 

“Sungmin?” I said while taking one of his hands in my own while looking at him straight into his eyes. He looked at our hands and he looked up at me confused.

 

“Yes?” he asked a little hesitantly and I could see that he was a little nervous.

 

“Ihavebeenlikeinlovewithyouforthepast10freakingyearsandijustwantyoutoknowthat.”I blurted out a little to quickly hoping that he didn’t understand what I was saying but hearing him gasp. I knew that he understood. I’m not looking directly in his eyes right now but I could feel his stare burning into me.

 

“Kyuhyun…” he said trailing off a little. “You’ve been really sweet towards me these last few days...” I could hear a ‘but’ in there “but I still can’t forget all those years of teasing me. Are you actually serious with this?” he asked me a little nervously. He gently took his pulled his hand away from me.

 

Oh

 

I get it

 

He’s just trying to reject be in the nicest way possible.

 

I chuckled bitterly in my head. Why would he ever feel the same way?

 

I put my hands down to my sides. “I get it.” I said while not looking at his face. “It’s okay.” I said while putting up a fake smile but I could tell that he seen right through it. I could feel my eyes starting to burn a little but I didn’t let the tears spill. I mean, I’ve been in love with him for ten years. Why wouldn’t I cry having my heart broken like this?

 

I was about to turn around until I felt him place a hand on my shoulder.

 

“Kyuhyun, wait-“ he was cut off by the sound of a student on the speaker.

 

“Attention all students. The Talent Show will start in a few minutes and we need all the contestants behind the stage right now. Thank you and have a great time!”

 

“I have to go.” I said quickly while walking away from Sungmin. After I turned the corner I started to run. I can’t do this. I can’t do this.

 

I felt my eyes starting to burn again. I can’t face everyone right now. Not looking at where I was going I banged into someone.

 

“Sorry.”

 

“Kyuhyun?” I heard the voice say. When I looked up it was Heechul hyung looking down worriedly at me.

 

Crap. Don’t look at him in the eyes, Please don’t see my tears hyung.

 

“Who the hell made you cry?!” he screeched with rage. Before he could start yelling again I covered his mouth. I quickly explained to him that I got rejected from Sungmin and that I don’t think that will be able to perform anymore. Before I could go any further he slapped me on my forehead.

 

“Hyung?” I yelled out rubbing the spot he hit me in.

 

“You idiot! How could you give up just like that?” he yelled at me. “You’ve been feeling this way about him for ten years and now you are going to be a coward and just run a way from this because-” He cut himself off trying to calm down.

 

“Hell no.” he said looking at me seriously. “You listen to me Cho Kyuhyun.  You will go up there and sing your heart out. Then do you know what you’re gonna do?”  He asked me.

 

I just shook my head.

 

“Then, you are going to go up to him and tell Sungmin that you are never going to give up on him. That you are going to keep trying to win his heart. You understand hyung?” he asked me again.

 

I could only smile and nod. “Thank you hyung.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I’m now at the back of the stage with the other students from not only my school but from the other school down the block. I already met Charice and let’s just say that she is quite confident. I could hear her practicing in the backroom. She has a very powerful voice.

 

I couldn’t but think about Sungmin. Will he even come and watch me after all of that? I need him here.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun. You’re up next.” A voice called for me from the stage. Here we go.

 

When I got to the stage, my eyes widened. Looking at the crowd I realized that not only is the whole school here. But kids from the other school and the parents from both schools are here too. Is that someone videotaping this? Oh my god.

 

 

When I got on the stage I could hear the students stating to clap and hearing some people (mainly Heechul and Leeteuk) yelling my name. But one voice caught my attention.

 

Looking near somewhere towards the front but a little to the right. I could see Sungmin and the Eunhae couple cheering for me. But I was only looking at him. Our eyes met and he gave me a shy smile in return.

 

I can do this.

 

The song started to play and once again I got lost in the song.

 

It felt like I was releasing pent-up stress. I remember this familiar feeling when I would sing for my umma and appa. I don't feel nervous at all.

 

I wonder why?

 

But then I remembered that Sungmin was here. He was watching me sing.

 

Towards the ending I met Sungmin’s eyes again while singing for him. I could feel my face burn a little but I saw his entire face turn red as he struggled to not look at me. I wonder if he's embarassed or ashamed.

 

After the song ended the crowd started to go wild. I heard students chanting Charices’ name but I could also hear my name too. My name was overpowering hers.

 

“Well Kyuhyun and Charice,” the teacher said who was running the show spoke to us. “That was absolutely amazing. Especially you Kyuhyun, you better be able to speak up in class now right?” I heard some of the students laugh while I just stood there nervously.

 

“Honestly the judges came to a tie people.” He said and you could hear groans coming from the crowd. “But, let’s let you guys decide.”

 

“Let’s hear it for Charice!” And I could hear a lot of people cheering and I got even more nervous.

 

“Okay, how about for Kyuhyun!” and surprisingly I heard the crowd roar with cheers. I could hear Heechul screaming and people chanting my name. Sungmin was one of them. My teacher smiled at me “Congratulations to the both of you but the crowd has decided. Cho Kyuhyun, you won!”

 

.......

 

WHAT?!

 

===============================

 

The show has ended in success. The Eunhae couple won their portion too and I was just about to head back home with my parents. They were so proud!

 

I wanted to find Sungmin but I couldn’t see him anywhere in the crowd of people when everyone started to leave.

 

“Kyuhyun!” I heard a familiar voice call me coming closer. I turned around just to find my arms full of Sungmin.

 

He’s hugging me. Hug him back you idiot! When will ever have another chance like this? I hugged him back gently burring my face in his neck. We sadly had to pull away but it was worth it because I got to see his smiling face.

 

“You did amazing Kyu.” He said smiling shyly at me.

 

I ducked my head down in embarrassment. “Thank you.”

 

There was a short pause before he started speaking again, “We have to talk about what happened before the show.” He said looking straight into my eyes.

 

“I know.” I said looking him in the eyes too. “You might think that this is a trick but I am serious. You might reject me now but I will not give up. I’ll keep bothering you even if you tell me to go away. But I am not going anywhere anytime soon so you will just have to deal with me.” I said seriously.

 

“Yeah, I know. Heechul told me everything.” He said smiling at me. Seriously hyung! Oh you are totally going to get it the next time I see you.

 

“Then…?” I asked curiously. He already knows everything.

 

He wrapped his arms around my neck and buried his face there as well. “I think we could make this work.” He said talking into my neck but I heard him anyways. Is this for real? My heart was beating so fast right now. I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist.

 

“I love you Sungmin.”

 

I could feel him smiling. “Yeah, I know.”

 

THE END

 

 

Yay! The show brought them together. I’ve been busy studying for finals and I have another one tomorrow but who cares? This is wayyyy more important. I don’t own anyone from Super junior or Charice. I also don’t own the song either.

 

Here is the link to the video that Kyuhyun and Charice sung, I also uploaded it to my profile if this link doesn’t work. Anyway please comment and I hope you enjoyed!

I also have a chaptered story that I have been working on. Right now it has over 300 subs:D

My Nerdy Boyfriend

 

And here is the link to the video 

Kyuhyun: A Whole New World