The Talent Show

The Talent Show

 

“Kyuhyun stop sulking, you look like you’re burning those poor girls alive with your glare.” Teased Leeteuk hyung while trying to stifle his chuckles with a cough. “If it bothers you so much, just go up there and talk to him. I’m sure he won’t mind.”

 

“Are you kidding me? You think I haven’t thought of trying that yet? Yeah right hyung, like he would actually have a conversation with me without blowing up at my face.” I hissed at Leeteuk.

 

Well you see my cute little bunn- *ahem* I mean, Sungmin didn’t really have a good first impression of me when we were in elementary. The first time we met… I kind of bullied him for liking pink, bunnies, and all those other girly stuff.  After insulting his favorite stuffed bunny he blew up in my face saying “Kyu you meanie! I hate you!” and well from then on whenever he passes me by on our way to class I just get a cute little glare in return.

 

Yeah I know it’s my fault for even messing with him but it wasn’t like I hated him or anything. It was actually the exact opposite. It was love at fist site for me. He was just so adorable when he would get flustered red and scrunch up his nose when I would tease at his pink backpack with little bunnies printed on them in first grade. God he’s so freaking adorable. His cubby cheeks, those pink bow shaped lips, his-

 

Anyways

 

“Just look at them hyung! They're all over my little bunny!” I threw up my hands in frustration. Right now I’m looking at my Minnie surrounded by his fan girls, giving them smiles here and there answering all their questions like “Oppa~ You’re so cute! Why don’t you have a girlfriend?” or “Squeal! Oppa, what are you doing after school?” and blah blah whatever!

 

“Kyu, you haven’t let us look at anything else during lunch when he’s around for the past 10 years you idiot” Heechul hyung said while rolling his eyes but giggling when Hankyung walked into the cafeteria taking his seat next to the devil.

 

“Hannie~ I’m hungryyyy. Get me something, please~” he said with pouted lips looking at Hankyung with big eyes.

 

And like always

 

“Of course my princess.” The china man said while smiling down at Heechul with loving eyes. Then he proceeds to ruin my mood even more by placing a light kiss on Heechuls lips and went to stand in the line for the food.

 

“I swear one day, he’s going to realize how evil you are and send you to a psychiatrist or something” I said while making gagging sounds from the public display of affection.

 

“You’re just jealous. Face it, if you had Sungmin you would be all over him you little .” He replied while sticking his tongue out at me. I was about to make another comeback at him when Leeteuk hyung sighed and said

 

“Kyuhyun stop fighting with Heechul. And Heechul, come on you’re graduating this year. Grow up already.”  He said while rolling his eyes at Heechul.

 

“Shut it old man” Heechul hyung and I replied at the same time then turned and grinned at each other. Leeteuk just sighed again in frustration.

 

I’m a sophomore and my hyungs here are seniors about to graduate in a few months. Coming to the school in first grade I didn’t really know anyone that well and I was always stuck on my game or teasing Sungmin so I was considered a little, lets say, nerd. So Heechul, Hankyung, and Leeteuk took me under their wings and became my first friends.

 

Sungmin is completely out of my league. He’s so beautiful, athletic, and he gets along with everyone while I’m the awkward, skinny, cocky nerd who doesn’t really associate himself with the rest of the schools population. I swear, without Heechul, Hankyung, and Leeteuk I would probably be stuffed in a locker somewhere.

 

When Hankyung came back with a tray of sandwiches he sat next to Heechul but looked at me and said in his accent “Good morning Kyuhyun”

 

“It’s good afternoon Hannie~”

 

 “Oh”

 

I didn’t bother to hide my chuckle “Yeah, good afternoon hyung”

 

“But seriously Kyuhyun” Heechul looked me in the eyes seriously. I gulped, serious Heechul is never a good thing. “Go over there and talk to him goddammit! We’ve been listening to you complain and coo over your freaking bunny for the past 10 years Kyuhyun. Ten years.” He said staring straight at me.

 

“Hyung, he hates me. And even if I went there to talk to him I would look retarded trying not to stutter around him or to stop myself from teasing him about how cute he looks with his pink jacket or his-“

 

“Yeah, yeah I get it!” He said while drinking a sip of his juice. “But let me tell you this, you are not ugly you know. So what if you’re a little on the nerdy side? Even I know that you’re good looking Kyu.”

 

“You just need some confidence,” said Hankyung

 

“I agree with them Kyuhyun!” Leeteuk said, “I’ve known you for about most of your life and I know that your feelings are genuine and you’re just misunderstood.”

 

I just sighed resting my face on my palms staring at Sungmin. The fan girls cleared up and I saw him take a big breath then let it out slowly looking a bit tired. The bell just rung and I started to head to my next class where I have Sungmin in it. He’s a junior but I told you already, I’m a nerd.

 

It just so happens that today me and him sat next to each other during class today. I could barely control my heart because my love of ten years was no more than a foot away from me. His back was turned away from me but I could hear him talking to his friends Donghae and Eunhyuk about the part their going to be doing at the talent show this Friday.

 

This is basically how it is everyday. Even though my heart goes haywire by just being near him, we don’t talk at all. He usually ignores me anyway and it kind of hurts.

 

Today the teacher just made us go through the textbook and gave us a bunch of problems to do that should take us the rest of the class period. But you see, if you had my brains you would have been done a little after half of the period. I sighed. Like always. When I turned to the left I could see that my bunny was struggling on one of the problems. Should I ask if he needs help? What if he says no? What if he just laughs at my face? What if-

 

“Do you need something?” said the voice that captured my heart since the first grade. I froze. Please don’t tell me I was staring. Please tell me I wasn’t staring,

 

 “Why are you staring?” he said with a slightly raised eyebrow.

 

Mental face palm

 

“Uhh…” I said stupidly. Then my mouth said without the permission of my brain “U-um do you need help?” I mentally face palmed my self again. Can you stutter anymore you idiot?

 

Sungmin looked surprised that I offered but he narrowed his eyes a little and said suspiciously “So you could tease me about this afterwards?”

 

Smooth Kyuhyun, be smooth. Be as cool as ice. Act like you don’t care. But you see being around Sungmin screws up how my brain is supposed to run and blurts out the first things that pop up in my head.

 

“O-of course not!” I said a little to quickly and to add to my embarrassment, the whole class heard me stutter and girls started to giggle at me while the boys just chuckled. The teacher just raised her eyebrow at me but I just shook my head.

 

“I mean you just look like you need help,” I said more quietly. “I’m sorry about those times I would tease you but-“

 

“Yeah it’s in the past so it’s okay” he said with a little smile and I think my heart just stopped. Did he just smile at me? I’m pretty sure my face must be red right now. I scratched at the back of my head and just nodded. “But thanks, I do need help on these problems. I just hate math,” he said while putting his lips out.

 

Oh my god. He looks so cute. So freaking cute. God, I just want to eat him up, starting from his lips and mmmmmhmmh

 

“Kyuhyun?” he looks at me a little worried “You okay?” Dammit! First time we have a decent conversation and I stare at him like an idiot? Cool Kyu, very cool. I just nodded my head stupidly and I heard him giggle a little.

 

After hearing him giggle I couldn’t help but smile adoringly at him from where I was sitting. His black bangs covering one of his eyes while his flawless skin seemed to glow in the class and just hearing his laughter made my heart flutter.

 

How cheesy was that right?

 

Sungmin noticed that I was smiling at him and I could see the light color of pink that dusted his checks. I just grinned in response. I worked with him throughout the whole period and we were finally able to turn it in after explaining the problems over and over again. I sighed happily.

 

We were walking outside together and he just was about to tell me something until the Eunhae couple basically jumped on Sungmin (well Donghae jumped on him while Eunhyuk was on his side) talking all at once which left my bunny and I confused.

 

“Hae and you monkey, slow down!” he said while trying to peel the panicking fishy off of him.

 

“Hyung!” yelled out both of the teenagers.

 

“What?!” yelled back Minnie. Then Donghae tried to explain

 

“Yesung hyung got sick so he won’t be able to perform at the talent show this Friday-“

 

“So then we asked Wookie but then he said that he was going to stay with hyung because hyung wouldn’t be able to take care of himself so he can’t go either!” finished Eunhyuk.

 

Sungmin eyes widened in shock and I heard him let out an exhausted sigh. He scrunched up his no doubt trying to think of another person to ask.

 

I tried to cheer him up “Hey it’s only one performance that’s going to be missing so it’s not that big of a deal right?”

 

He just sighed again then looked at me with sad eyes “I know that it’s only a talent show but it’s going to be like a competition against the our rival school on the other block. Without Yesung or Wookie we won’t be able to take the best voice award” he said looking down at the ground.

 

I can’t have my bunny be so sad. So I blurted out “I can sing in the Talent Show this Friday.”

 

All three of their heads shot up and looked at me with shock.

 

“Can you even sing Kyuhyun?” asked Eunhyuk. I hesitantly nodded my head but a little unsure of myself.

 

I haven’t sung in front of people since my sister going away party. She was moving to America with her husband and I couldn’t think of a gift to give her so I sung to her. She said with tears in her eyes that it was the most beautiful thing she ever heard and hugged me tightly. But that was years ago and well.. she's my sister. She could be lying.

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk looked a little unsure but hopeful. When I turned to look at Sungmin he had a thoughtful look on his face. He met my eyes and smiled at me.

 

“Okay. If you think you can do this I’ll believe that you can.” He said. “But if you’re only doing this to make me feel better you don’t need to do this alright?”

 

I just nodded my head a little still dazed from what I just got myself in to.

 

I can barely say a speech in front of the class without stuttering. How the heck am I going to sing in front of the whole school? Especially if Sungmin is going to be in the front watching me.

 

Well this is only part one but I hope you like it!