Other Way

In The Road

 

Tao's pov
 
 I was curled under my blankets, thinking about Kris, about him and Chanyeol. Since the other group started to live with us, WuFan's attention was directed to Chanyeol. I feel even worse because he hasn't been talking to me. With a long sigh, I forced myself to get out of the bed and face reality.
 
I left my room, making my way to Wufan's room. I stopped in front of the door without knowing what to do. Should I knock, or just open the door? Maybe I should knock. But I mean, I’m dating Kris, NOTHING is going to happen if I just walk in, right? I took a deep breath before opening the door.
 
The need to rush out of the place knocked me right in the face.
 
 Right there, on the bed, were Kris and Chanyeol kissing each other. I cleared my throat and the two pairs of eyes turned in my direction. I began to shout at them, but to my surprise, Kris, My Kris, yelled me back. 
 
His eyes were full of anger while looking directly at me. My anger subsided then; the feeling was being replaced by pure pain.
 
Suddenly, WuFan took my hand and pulled me out of the room. I walked beside him, until we made our way to the kitchen; the other members weren’t at home so we can talk without being interrupted in there. 
 
I released my hand then; his touch lingered to my skin. I took a step back trying to put some space between us. 
 
        -What the was that Tao? You can't just enter into my room and start yelling to other people's faces. You really scared Chanyeol!!!- 
 
He said in a mad tone. Chanyeol, Chanyeol… is that the only thing you can say right now? The need to shout those words at him burned my throat, but I kept it to myself. He is still the leader of EXO-M, I can't be mean to him. I just can't.
 
      -I'm sorry- was the only thing I could say. I felt hopeless as I tried to hold back my tears, but I refuse to mourn in front of him. I’m definitely not going to cry,  not anymore
 
 -We're going back to the room and you're going to apologize to Chanyeol, ok?- He said softly, I stalled silent as I keep trying to hold back my tears.
 
       -Can I do it latter? The apology I mean- I asked Kris. I wasn't ready to see Chanyeol's face yet. 
 
-Ok, but you need to do it and I'm not going to accept any buts, Understand?- He said.
 
-I got it- I replied.
 
       Two hours later, when the group was eating and chatting happily, I was thinking about the way I should apologize to Chanyeol.I waited until he finished eating.
 
 -Chanyeol-hyung can we talk?- I asked him. 
 
-Sure!- he said with a smile. 
 
-But only the two of us- I said looking around the room, after I said that, his expression changed and he looked at Kris nervously.
 
 
Chanyeol's pov
 
I'm freaking out, Tao wants to have a talk with me and I'm sure he's going to kill me or use his wushu stick on me, oh my god! Someone save me, I don't want to be alone with him.
 I looked at Kris, trying to tell him that I didn't want to go with the panda, but he just nodded. Stupid Kris! 
 
-Follow me!- Tao said, and I accepted his request.
 
 He led us to the building's roof. Maybe he is going to push me, oh ! I'm going to die. NO! I’m too young to die.
 
I was praying for my life when we arrived, but to my surprise Tao was there doing at 90 degrees bow to me.  
 
-I'm really sorry. I wasn't thinking correctly this morning; I acted like a total lunatic-  
 
 He said… sorry? I wasn't expecting that. I mean, I had tried to get into his boyfriend's pants; he should be mad, he needs to be mad at me. 
 
For some reason, seeing Tao there trying to hold back his tears broke my heart, he was trying so bad to maintain himself calm that even I felt how hurt he was. 
 
-Hyung- he called me.
 
 -Yes?- I answered him, feeling that something was wrong. 
 
-I can't continue with this anymore, I suffered to much already, please take care of him, I know you will make him happy- he said in a low voice.
 
 -What are you talking about Tao?- I asked worried -Kris is your boyfriend. The only one that should make him happy is not me but you- I was desperate, I felt bad for him. He had a smile but it wasn't a happy one. 
 
-I don't think so, he’s mad at me because I screamed at you. I didn't want to apologize, to be quite honest but I had no choice. Since you came, he doesn't talk to me anymore, he's always with you, he even forgot our anniversary because he was with you, he doesn't care about me anymore. Hyung, it is difficult for me to say this but, that person is not my boyfriend, that person is just one of my band mates.... nothing else- Tao said sadly and then, he began to walk towards the door, leaving me alone in the roof, feeling guilty. 
 
Should I tell Kris? Maybe I should let Kris realize how important Tao is for him by himself. With a sigh I returned to the dorm, finding Kris in the living room watching TV. I took a sit next to him. 
 
-Hey!- He said.
 
 -Tao apologized to me- I said looking at him. 
 
-Mmmm that's good- he smiled.
 
 -Hyung, do you love Tao?- He was looking at me when he answered.
 
 -With all my heart, Chanyeol- Then why are you being an with him? I asked myself 
 
-Oh I see- I murmured.
 
 
Tao's pov
 
Four months had passed and my relationship with Kris got worse, but I began to forget about it, I began to accept it. All this time, when I felt broken, useless and mad, Baekhyun-hyung was there, supporting me. He never left my side and I really appreciate that, he is like a light that illuminate my world. 
 
Without noticing I started to fall in love for him, his hands make magic every time they touch me, his soft voice sends electricity trough my body. I just adore every inch of him. 
 
-Taozy- Baekhyun called me 
 
-Yes hyung- I said trying to avoid his eyes
 
 -what happen, Tao? You are acting weird lately- he started to cares my face with those beautiful hands of his. I started to shiver with his delicate touch, he’s making me crazy.
 
 - I think I like you hyung- the realization hit me, I said that out loud! My face got a strong shade of pink and an uncontrollably heat invaded my body. I was so embarrassed to look at him.
 
-Tao, I like you too- I was there looking at him with a shocked face.
 Was he being serious?, was he playing with me? And like if he was reading my mind he made our lips crash in a gentle kiss.
 
-I’m being serious, Tao. Let me love you- that was it, I lost myself in his soft lips. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. I felt how my legs got weak as I hugged him by the neck; afraid that I could lose my balance.
 
 One moment I was kissing Baekhyun, and at the other, I was seeing how Kris was hitting him.
 I was so shocked that I couldn't move 
 
-STOP- I shout with all my strength after a couple of minutes -Kris stop!, Baek No!- I shrieked. 
 
Baekhyun wiped his blending lip as he glared at Kris from the opposite side of the room. He charged himself at the taller male and sent a flying punch into his stomach as he simultaneously knocked a glass vase down, sending shard of glass everywhere.
 
Kris grunted in pain as he tried to hold Baekhyun back. He succeeded as he hit Baekhyun in the face before he grabbed a fistful of Baekhyun's shirt and pinned him to the wall.
 
 -I said stop! STOP!- I continued screaming. 
 
-he said stop, Kris- Baekhyun spat as his breathing increased. Kris just shook his grip on Baekhyun; causing him to knock his head on the wall. The taller male's furious stare into the shorter eyes seemed to burn holes through his head. I ran over to the two and tried to pull them apart. I desperately pulled on Kris' arms, begging that he'd let go of Baekhyun. 
 
-Please stop this- I cried -please don't hurt Baekhyun- the tears  were falling uncontrollably at this point -Kris, I love him, I really love him- Kris lose his grip of Baekhyun's shirt. he was hurt, his eyes were looking at me demanding an explanation
 
 - I'm sorry Kris but I don't love you- I said in a firm voice, then I remember Baekhyun and I ran to his side, looking at the bruises in his face I started crying again because I felt guilty.
 
 This was my fault, I didn't notice when Kris left the room and I couldn't care less. All my worries were there in front of me, with a bleeding lip and a black eye.