Chapter Two

I'm Straight!

 

Park Chanyeol hid. Hid himself away from everyone who might come finding him and pestering him about the Byun Baekhyun business. He knows people will come asking him because of that Jong In’s big mouth setting off earlier. 
 
Park Chanyeol hit in one of the mini private music studios in school, away from everyone, banging away on the drums frantically to a very loud beat that thankfully, he can only hear since he was in a sound proofed recording studio area. 
 
“That Kim Jong In!” he yelled over the drums, “I’m going to kill him!” he was very lucky that he wasn’t heard as he began to shout foul language. “I’m gonna cut his balls off and make him eat it-” he screeched, “Stupid Kim ing Jong stupid In! Son of Satan-” 
 
As he hit the drum with so much power, one of the drum sticks snapped in half, one of them flying up and catching him in the eye as it flew to the other side of the room. The latter clutched his eye in pain. 
 
“Ahh! ! !” he screamed, “Kim Jong In! This is your fault-” he paused. What has just happened? He has never broken a pair of drumsticks before in his life! He treasures all the drumsticks he uses! Could this be a sign of bad luck?!
 
He doesn’t know whether to blame himself or Jong In. But then.. Should he consider blaming that Byun Baekhyun guy too? He continued to clutch his eye, grumbling incoherent words to himself as he fell to the floor on his knees, in search of the other half of the broken drumstick. 
 
“Damn it. Stupid drumstick.” he growled under his breath, too lost in his annoyance, not hearing someone come in the studio room. “Urgh my eye. It’s going to fall out-” he stopped short when a piano tune came playing from outside the recording area. 
 
The hell? The tall boy, still clutching his eye, got up slowly and peered through the window to see Byun Baekhyun playing on the piano. His good eye widened as his attention fell on the way the smaller boy’s fingers glided on the piano keys so gracefully, a  simple, sweet tune filling the room. 
 
Chanyeol didn’t notice that he was already carefully sneaking out of the recording area to get a closer look at Byun Baekhyun. When the song slowed to a stop, the tall boy couldn’t hold his tongue. 
 
“You’re brilliant!” 
 
Baekhyun’s hands crashed onto the piano keys, creating a very loud, unpleasant noise come out of the instrument, causing both to cover their ears. “Yah! What are you doing in here?” the small boy demanded, getting up from the seat. 
 
“What am I  doing here? What are you doing here?” Chanyeol snapped back at him, “You’re not allowed here unless you have a pass-” Baekhyun got out the pass the said boy was talking about. “Oh.” 
 
“Yes ’Oh.’” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “What are you doing here? Are you stalking me?” Chanyeol’s eye bulged, “Sheesh! Already embarrass me on my first day here and now stalking me during my practice?” 
 
Chanyeol stuttered for words for a few seconds. “Excuse me? I wasn’t stalking you! And I didn’t embarrass you-” 
“You did.” 
“I didn’t.” 
“DID! DID! DID!” 
“DIDN’T! DIDN’T! DIDN’T!” Chanyeol’s temper rose but he quickly retained his emotions and sighed, “Look. Blame my bastard of a friend that blurted out everything that happened okay?” 
 
“Don’t care.” Baekhyun stuck his nose in the air, “Now get out of here. I have to practise and why the hell are you covering your eye?” 
 
Chanyeol removed his hand and the smaller boy gasped. “What happened to your eye?” 
 
“Drumstick.” Chanyeol froze not knowing what to do when Baekhyun suddenly moved towards him in the next second, going on his tip toes to take a closer look at his eye. Chanyeol forced himself to push the boy away. “Hey, not that close! Personal space!” He felt sudden surge of nervousness over throw his other emotions, his face twisting in annoyance and confusion. 
“Get that eye of yours checked out. You’re going to get a black eye.” Baekhyun his heel and headed back to the piano without another word. 
 
“Get your eye checked out. Bluh, bluh. Black eye. Bluh, bluh.” Chanyeol mimicked him as he headed out. 
 
“I heard that.” he heard Baekhyun, “oh and before I forget. Don’t ever mention the thing that happened between us okay? Ever.” 
 
“Fine with me.” 
“Fine.” 
“Fine!” 
“Good!” 
“Good bye!” 
 
Chanyeol  had no problem with that. He never wants to remember that. Again. 
 
à 
But unlucky for him and Byun Baekhyun, they can’t forget it. Not because they keep thinking about it. Its people making them think of it. After Jong In (spawn of Satan as Chanyeol now calls him lately) delightfully shouted out about the thing that happened between the two, students began to get curious. 
 
Chanyeol asked out a guy? Is Chanyeol gay then? And Baekhyun? What happened between them then? 
 
All the questions above where the questions frequently asked. 
All Chanyeol replied was a straight forward NO.
And all Baekhyun did was ignore.
 
“You know. If you kept your big mouth shut.” Chanyeol slammed his tray of food in front of Jong In, “No one would know anything about me and that Byun Baekhyun.” 
 
“Oh come on. Can you be chill about it already?” Jong In stole the apple on Sehun’s tray who was next to him reading a manga. 
 
“How the hell can I be chill about it?” Chanyeol hissed, “People think I’m gay now when in actual fact, I LIKE GIRLS! AND S!” 
 
“And possibly too.” Jong In sniggered. 
“That’s it. You’re going back to the mother ship! Back to Satan!” Chanyeol yelled, reaching forwards and grabbing the tanned boy by the neck and started strangling him comically. “Satan is a dude! So actually its ‘go back to the father ship!’” Jong In continued to .
 
Sehun lazily looked up from his manga to look at the commotion next to him. “What’s wrong with being gay?” the two older boys stopped to look at Sehun.
 
“Nothing is wrong with being gay.” the two answered in unison. 
“What’s wrong with liking a bit of ?” Sehun continued to ask, making Chanyeol choke on his own spit and Jong In’s eyebrows furrow. 
“Nothing. I mean-” Chanyeol let go of Jong In quickly, “G-gay people can like . I’m not gay so I don’t like .” 
 
Sehun looked back at his manga and read a page, turning that page over and pursed his lips. 
 
“I personally think Chanyeol hyung is gay.” 
 
“What?!” Chanyeol raised his voice at the younger boy reading the manga, “Who is the one reading right now?” Sehun closed his manga and rolled his eyes. 
 
“I just know hyung is gay.” Sehun narrowed his eyes, a knowing smile on his handsome face as Jong In nearly died of laughter. 
 
“You too, Jong In hyung.” the younger added. 
Jong In’s face fell. “What?!” 
 
a/n: short update. Been very busy late sorry !!