Chapter One

I'm Straight!

 

Park Chanyeol was an average, straight, student in Yumkwang high. He was very popular with the school’s female population and of course a few boys admire him too.
 
Park Chanyeol liked girls. Actually no! He absolutely loved girls! He’s had many girlfriends since he started high school when puberty hit him and turned him into a god (He describes himself as this). He loved girls a lot and their S-line bodies, small face, long beautiful hair, y long legs and of course lastly; s. 
 
Until Baekhyun came along. 
 
Park Chanyeol first saw Byun Baekhyun at a competition in Seoul’s biggest shopping mall. The competition was for boys who dress up as girls under a made up girl’s name and go down a cat walk, showcasing how feminine they can be despite being boys. The prize was a huge amount of money to spend on the mall.
 
He heard music coming from the centre of the mall along with loud cheers from a huge crowd and being a curious cat he was, he tugged his friends along with him towards the source of the music and saw ‘girls’ coming down a cat-walk. 
 
“What is this?” he asked Oh Sehun, his every childish best friend who was also eyeing the girls coming out from behind the curtains as a commentator shouted out their names. Their other friend, Kim Jong In looked at the nearby poster, chuckling to himself. “It’s a competition for boy-” 
“Who’s that?” Chanyeol suddenly asked in awe, eyes suddenly glued to the final girl walking down the cat walk. The tall boy was drawn to the pretty face, eyes skimming down slowly to her small body S-line and long, slim legs that showed under a very short tight black skirt. 
 
“There you go ladies and gentlemen! Our last contestant; Byun Baekhee!” The crowd roared as all the girls bowed gracefully at the crowd, Byun Baekhee the last one to disappear behind the curtains, hips swaying a little. Chanyeol knew he has fallen for her. 
 
“I’m going to ask out Byun Baekhee.” Chanyeol nodded to himself while Jong In’s eyes bulged out of it’s sockets a little. “Crazy, tall freak. Byun Baekhee is a h-” 
 
“I’ll meet you guys at the café upstairs after I’m done making Byun Baekhee agree to being my new y girlfriend.” with that Chanyeol walked away from is friends, a grin spreading on his face. Jong In slapped a hand on his face, groaning a little. “That idiot.” Oh Sehun looked at him before looking back at the empty catwalk. “I’m going to go after hyung.. I saw a girl on the catwalk that I liked too.” 
 
“No- Sehun!” Jong In called but just let him run off, sighing in frustration to him. He can’t wait to see how this will end. 
 
à 
Chanyeol walked down the side of the stage when the commentator announced a 30 minute break until each contestant will perform something they’ve prepared for the crowd. Chanyeol approached the back stage door only to be stopped a woman with a clipboard in her hand. “Excuse me.” Chanyeol tried to barge past her but the woman held her hand out. “I’m sorry sir, but you’re not allowed to come in unless you’re a contestant.” Chanyeol found this weird. Why would he be a contestant when he is a guy and the whole competition is for girls. “No.. I’m here to see Byun Baekhee.” Chanyeol crossed his arms, puffing his cheeks out impatiently. The woman looked at her clipboard before glancing up at him again. “Only relatives can come in-” 
 
 
“I’m her boyfriend.” he snapped. The woman looked taken aback and tried to say something but moved away to grant him access when the tall boy gave her a small look. “Kamsahamnida!” Chanyeol bowed and walked past her but stopped when he heard Sehun’s voice calling him. 
 
“Hyung! Wait up! I want to come too!” Sehun barged past the woman who tried to stop him. Chanyeol slung an arm around his shoulders and dragged him towards rows and rows of dressing room doors. “What are you doing here, Sehun?” the younger boy glanced to him but suddenly his attention was caught towards an open dressing room door. “See you later hyung!” 
 
Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol looked at all the names stuck on the dressing room doors until he saw ’Byun’ on one of the doors. “Aha! Found you, future girlfriend.” The boy pushed open the doors and let himself in, hearing soft humming coming from behind a huge rack of clothes. 
 
“Byun Baekhee?” Chanyeol leaned against the door, closing it as the humming stopped. “Yes? I’m here, is there something wrong?” the clothes were pushed to the side the girl Chanyeol was looking for came into view. “Who are you?” Baekhee blinked in surprise. 
 
“Your future boyfriend. Hello future girlfriend.” Chanyeol bowed his head, grinning from ear to ear, “I’m Park Chanyeol. Wanna be my girlfriend?” The girl’s eyes widened a tiny bit before bursting into a fit of giggles, clutching her stomach, a husky laugh coming out of the small body which Chanyeol found super weird. 
 
“Are you for real?” Baekhee laughed, “Dude, I’m a dude.” Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed. “What?” And Chanyeol then wished that he never saw Byun Baekhee. Because Byun Baekhee pulled off the long wig and wiped the gloss off her lips to reveal a boy. 
 
“I’m a dude. Real name is Byun Baekhyun. Do you still want me to be your girlfriend now, Park Chanyeol?” Chanyeol wished the ground would swallow him whole already, his jaw falling and he fell back heavily onto the door. 
 
“Holy- - !” the tall boy was completely freaked, “I- I’m going now--” without another word, Chanyeol ran out as fast as he can, his long legs shaking from the shock. He fell for a guy?! He glanced to the side and stopped to see the poster than showed what the competition was about. “.” 
 
He turned his head to see Sehun coming out of a dressing room following a ‘girl’. “Yah! Oh Sehun get away now! Leave before you find out!!!” Not knowing what was going on, Sehun got grabbed by the collar and dragged out completely. “H-hyung! Let go! I need to give Lu my number!” 
 
“Lu is a guy!” Chanyeol roared. 
“What?!” 
 
à
It’s been a week and Chanyeol was still traumatised by the fact that he asked out a girl who really was a guy. Sehun however was still a little slow to understand. 
 
“Oh my god this is just priceless.” Jong In laughed at his face when he found them running towards him in the café, looking like they were being chased by rabid dogs. “You two. Wow. Falling for guys. Just. Oh my..” Jong In still hasn’t gotten over it yet. And It’s already been a week. 
 
“I thought he was a girl okay? He makes a pretty convincing girl!” Chanyeol shouted for the nth time in the week after Jong In brought up the topic for then nth time too. The tanned boy only shrugged and swerved out of the way as a pair of chopsticks came flying past his head, thrown by Chanyeol. 
 
“Apart from the absence of ‘her’ s.” Jong In sniggered as Chanyeol tried to calm himself by breathing in and out slowly. “It is not all about -” Jong In raised his eyebrows. “What the am I saying?!” Chanyeol panicked, “Oh no. I love s. I love s. It’s all about s. s, s, s!!” 
 
Jong In only laughed harder at him while the youngest of the 3, Oh Sehun was still upset with himself for not giving his number to ‘Lu’. “So are you gay now, hyung?” Jong In teased some more, aggravating the poor Chanyeol. The tall boy narrowed his eyes and said through gritted teeth. “I like girls. s.” 
 
Chanyeol is 100% sure he loves girls. He doesn’t like boys. He doesn’t roll like that. 
 
2nd period came and his music class was noisy as hell and Chanyeol was the main source of the noise, making his female classmates swoon and giggle hysterically. Oh how he loves the attention. “Okay class! Settle down now! You have a new classmate joining you today.” Their music teacher came on, quietening the whole class just by a little. ‘I wonder if it’s a girl..’ Chanyeol thought to himself in excitement, ‘A pretty girl perhaps?’ 
“Byun Baekhyun! Come in!” 
Byun Baekhyun?? 
Byun.. Baekhyun??
Oh no.. 
 
à
“Byun Baekhyun?? Really? Why is he here? Is this some sort of punishment? Does God hate me or something? I bet them darn angels are laughing at me right now!” 
 
“Maybe you two are just meant to be.” Jong In giggled next to him, pushing his English book to the edge of the table until it fell carelessly onto the floor. 
 
“We’re not meant to be!” the curly haired boy hissed. The wave of shock when the person he hoped to never see again is now a student in his school. Is God really punishing him? He was never a bad boy. He didn’t play with all the girls he went out with. He is no player or heartbreaker (kind of). He just had lots of relationships but none of them worked out for him. 
 
He hasn’t even lost it yet! So he is pure-ish!! (kinda) He thinks anyway. “Do you think he remembers me?” Chanyeol questioned. “Did he look at you in class?” 
“No.” 
 
The class ended quicker than Chanyeol expected and the two walked out together, chatting loudly when a smirk came taking over Jong In’s stupid face. 
 
“Hyung, you know you asked if Byun Baekhyun remembers you..” 
“Yes?..” 
“Well he is you’re chance to find out, my freakishly tall, alien friend.” Jong In chuckled, “Hey! Byun Baekhyun! Remember this guy??” 
 
Chanyeol’s eyes widened as it fell and landed on Byun Baekhyun who paused from opening his locker. The two boys blinked at each other, both frozen in place. 
 
“Remember him?” Jong In yelled, “he’s the guy who asked you out!” Everyone paused as well to look at Baekhyun and Chanyeol, hearing what Jong In was saying. Well.. Jong In was yelling. 
 
“Kim Jong In, go a !” Chanyeol sneered, pushing him away so he can run and hide in shame and embarassment. That Jong In. He is going to get a good kick in the southern area later on. Now everyone will know his humiliating experience. Thank you, Kim Jong In. The root of all things evil.