Chapter 2

When It Happens

First Day Of School

 

When hyunah slams into my backpack running past me, she doesn't even stop to say sorry. This is the way its been between the queenkas and the nerds since for ever. I tell myself it'll be all over in nine months. Nine months, thirteen days and appromixately eight hours. Not that i'm counting.

 

Those of us who got here early are penned up in the cafeteria until homeroom.Trying to sit like i could so not be any less concerned that i'm sitting by myself on the first day of senior year is just not working. I lean foward with my elbows on the table. Then i shift back and try to sit straight on the uncomforatble bench. I don't know where to put my hands to make them appeared unconcerned.

 

Yura's not here yet, and minah went to the bathroom. At least i have my sketchbook with me to partially calm me down. My sketchbook is actually a combination archive of my art work and designs, scrapbook of important events and collection for journal entries. But its main purpose is for me to practise my architectural sketches, so i can make a portfolio of my work for colloge applications. I want to be an urban planner, which means double majoring in architecture and enviromental sciences next year.

 

Anyway, I take my sketchbook everywhere i go. I sketch whatever inspires me. You never know when it'll happen. I decide thats its important enough to document my first day back thoughts. I sneak glances at everyone around me. They're all running around frantically, acting like they care what everyone did during the hols. I hate myself for caring that no ones come over my table.

 

Not like i expect them to suddenly realize i'm alive. I'm used to being invisible. Why does it still bother me? Why does it even matter if the queenkas treat me like i don't exist? I have real friends. Two of them which is more than most people get to have. "Ok people!" Ms jung yells. "Your schedules are ready! Come on up!" I move to the front of the room. My schedule was the only one left at the table.I pick it up expecting the worse, miraculously it was OK.  

 

I sit down to fill up the forms and hyunah is seating next to me talking to the rest of the queenkas. After a few minutes, she turned around and stared and my kneesocks. I only spent like a millions years, picking out my outfit. I stared at her weirdly and said "hi". She looked and me and turned back. Now, she's laughing with her friends at me. It hasn't even been second period yet, can it get any worse?

 

Long chapter for you guys! <3 hope you love it! don't worry, there'll be ljoe & L soon. Sub and comment kk ^^