Chapter 3

When It Happens

I am now on my way to luch with Yura. The hall is beyond clogged. While we're inching towards the cafeteria, I practise a visualization exercise. I picture myself with my ideal boyfriend. Then i put the image in a pink bubble, and let it float out into the universe. True love is my immediate future.

 

We get pushed through the doorway. "There," Yura points to a half empty table. We put our stuff down and get in line. I grab a tray and utensils and a bunch of napkins. I slide my tray towards a culinary destination of.....what the frick is that? Fried turtle? I decide to pass and get a sandwich. And there's fries so its not a total disaster. "Where's minah?" Yura asked. "I don't know"." We sit down. Minah throws her bag on our table, blew her bangs and sat down. "Where were you?" I asked mInah. "I was getting scared you weren't in this lunch anymore." " I was working on my goal" Minah said happily. "Huh?" yura asked. "You know, to be smarter?" 

 

"Yeah i remember" Yura said. "i just don't get how you could become smarter between fifth period and now" Yura continued with a poker face. Minah glared at her. I chuckled. "Hi" L said. Who is suddenly next to me. I gag on a fry and have this uncontrollable coughing fit that lasts about a year. "Oh hi" i squeak. I gulp my ice tea. I tried to wipe grease of my fingers, but i can't get the napkin to work right. *aish* I look at minah and she's just drinking her juice, unfazed. But if there were a thought bubble over her head, it'd be screaming i told you so!

 

"Is this seat taken?" L asked. He's refering to the sit net to me. I shook my head. "N-no" i stuttered. L puts his tray down and sit right next to me. Really close. Which is unnecessary, since no one is sitting on the whole rest of the bench. Not that i mind, of course. I try to breathe normally. L smirked. "So how was your holiday?" He asked. "Good" I smiled at him trying to hide the fact that i'm literally fangirling. "Um this is Minah" "Hi." L said. "Hi" she replied back. "And um..do you know yura?" "nO but i've heard of her" he looks at yura and smiles. 

 

"Oh?" Yura is sceptical. "What did you hear?" "Just that you're brilliant" L turns to me. "Both of you". He stares right at me. His eyes are look like he's trying to show me he likes me without saying anything. "Minah's smart too" Yura mumbled. Minah snorted. L is just like staring at me. I can't believe the cutest kingka is talking to me. ME. I feel myself turning red and stand up. "I'm um gonna buy a drink now, do you want anything?" I leave before i could get an answer, because now my face is turning red and its too embaressing. 

 

I get in line to buy juice. When i'm digging change out of my pocket, i drop a coin. I bend down to pick up and bang my head against someone who went to pick it up at the same time. I rub my head and stand up. I am now looking at L.joe. he holds my coin out. "Sor-sorry" he stuttered. "Are you okay?". "Sure" I look at him and i take my coin back. "Thanks." I smiled at him. "You have to watch these things every second," L.joe said. They're always trying to get away" L.joe continued. I giggled. "Totally! These coins just don't know how to act."

 

The thing about L.joe is that he has these amazing eyes. You could stare at his eyes all day and still want more. I used to talk to him in art last year. I kind of got a feeling he liked me but he never did anything about it so i wasn't sure. It was probably those eyes that got me away of my logical thinking patterns. Anyways, rapper wannabe slackers aren't my type. 

 

sorry for the late update! thank you so much guys for the vote & the subs <3 :') updating tmr! hope you guys enjoyed!