Kissing Distance: A KryBer Oneshot

Sleepover Shorts: Kissing Distance [A KryBer Oneshot]

 

"Aaaaaamber~ What are you doing?" 
 
Krys started bouncing her way towards my side of the bed. Well, technically, it's her bed. I just came in to crash for the night. Ideally, I should be doing my report but with Krystal poking around me like this, it's hard to make progress. I've known her for almost four years--ever since we entered college. Same department, same courses. We're practically together all the time, inseparable like two peas in a pod. We're so close my mother actually thinks we're together. Honestly, it amazes me how we get along so well. Me, an introvert who's awful with people. She, on the other hand, is such a social butterfly. She gets along with other people very well and is very pretty. In other words, she was very likeable.
 
And it wasn't surprising that I eventually fell for her.
 
"Amber Liu! Why aren't you answering me?" she pouted. She came closer, placing her chin on my shoulder. I can feel her breath fanning my cheek. 
 
"I'm taking notes. Our group's reporting this Friday, remember? You're lucky since you won't be reporting 'til next week." Krystal didn't answer. She simply snuggled closer towards me, burying her face further to the side of my face. I can feel her pushing against my arm as I typed away and the tip of her nose close to my ear. Her lips, soft and luscious, I can see in my peripheral vision. My senses were starting to go haywire. This is not good
 
"Krys." I said without turning my head, my voice almost in a whisper. Even I was surprised at how low my voice was.
 
"Mmmmm?"
 
"You do realize that if I turn my head, I'd be able to kiss you." I said, half-jokingly and half-threateningly, but partly in truth at the same time. I felt Krystal thinking, I can practically hear the gears in her head turning.
 
"Mmm. Well, would you want to?"
 
I was surprised by her answer. I stayed silent for a while. She didn't move. "With you this close, well, yes. I am tempted to." Her presence--the feeling of her body so close to mine, her lips within kissing distance, her breath on my cheek--was starting to overwhelm me. My heart began to beat faster. Just a bit more and my self-control will snap. "Aren't you going to move away?"
 
Krystal shook her head and as she did so, her lips grazed my cheek. That was it. It was too much for me to take. With a groan of defeat, I turned my head away from my laptop screen and held her cheek. Considering the distance, it didn't take long before I felt her lips touch mine.  They were so soft and warm--like marshmallows straight from a campfire. I s my arm around her small waist and deepened the kiss, and through it, let her know all the words I was never able to say. I heard a soft moan escape from Krystal's throat, like the purring of a cat, when a knock came from the door. I immediately let go of Krystal and sat bolt upright, returning my attention to my laptop. The door opened a crack.
 
It was their helper. "Krystal, there's food downstairs so if you guys get hungry, you can just grab some." And with that, she closed the door. I heard her footsteps coming down the narrow staircase. Just when my heart rate was starting to return to normal, I felt Krys' arms wrap around my waist, hugging me from the back. She started nibbling at my ear, her s pressing against me. Oh god. Why are you doing this to me. Why is this happening. "Now...Where were we?" Krystal whispered, keeping her lips as close to my ear as possible. She gave it a small kiss and pulled me towards her, somehow managing to pin me down on the bed. Why am I so defenseless around you, Krystal. I felt Krystal's soft lips on my cheek, my jawline, my neck. I felt like I was drowning. But I felt like I didn't want to be saved either.
 
+
 
I have no idea how it happened but we ended up sleeping with Krystal's head on my arm. I tried to wake her up but she merely grabbed my free hand and wrapped it around her waist, just beneath her s. I snuggled closer to a comfortable position and our bodies fit perfectly. Suddenly, Krys whispered, her voice a bit croaky from sleep. "From now on, I'm calling you 'hasubando'" I let out a soft chuckle. "Of course. Whatever you say, waifu." I muzzled her hair with my nose and took in her scent. I closed my eyes and we both fell to another deep slumber.