-Chapter 9-

Shadows of Infinity

-Chapter 9-

"Do you know what is going on hyung?" Dongwoo asked with his arms crossed.  "Do you think something is wrong with Noona? She has been..."

"I am not sure what is happening.  I do not know why she was wandering in the woods.  Princess Miyoung should know better than this. Her father is going to kill me."  Sunggyu let out a sigh.  "Did you find her horse?"

"Jonggie found her horse.  You know how that kid is with animals." Dongwoo smiled. "He is not going to kill you Gyuzizi.  You were on a mission and could not prevent this."

"Where did she get the bright idea to venture out into the woods, alone?  She knows that we are in dangerous times right now.  We talked about this many times." Sunggyu pressed his wrist to his forehead. "I am going to get in trouble because the twin's were not able to watch her."

"I think she wanted to see you Sunggyu, and anyone can out smart those twin's by acting cute.  You think Miyoung is dumb.  She is cunning and knows how to manipulate people, just like what she has done to you." Woohyun said with a smirk.  He was leaning against the wall looking at the two oldest.  "Are you blind?"

"Go away Woohyun!" Dongwoo said, "Don't put words into Gyuzizi's mouth.  Noona has to be that way because..."

"I am not putting words in his mouth. I am just speaking the truth." Woohyun grinned.  "Keep denying it and you will lose her."

Sunggyu took a deep breath and sighed, "You are irritating.  I will be back soon. I need to talk to the king." Sunggyu walked off. "I need to hand in my report on the mission. Dongwoo your in charge till I return."

"Nehh Gyuzizi." Dongwoo smiled and watched Sunggyu disappeared. He looked towards Woohyun and growled.

"What are you a dinosaur?" Woohyun walked away from Dongwoo. "I'm taking a nap. See you later Dino!"

Dongwoo cursed under his breath and tried to but the thoughts of putting explosives under Woohyun's bed was so tempting.  Dongwoo took a deep breath and then another deep breath.  Dongwoo was trying to hold in his crazy issue with pyrotechnics.

"Dongwoo hyung..." A feminine voice called him and Dongwoo snapped out of his thoughts. 

Dongwoo looked over at Sungjong.   "What can I do for you Jonggie.  Is Princess Miyoung's horse calmed yet? She seemed a bit spooked?" Dongwoo asked.

"First off his horse is a male and he is fine.  He felt a lot better after I fed him." Sungjong smiled as he tapped his lip.  "Ummm what are we going to do?"

"I suggest you rest.  That is what most of us are doing or go do what kids your age do!" Dongwoo started to walk down the hall.

Sungjong followed Dongwoo and grabbed onto his arm, "But hyung I don't know many people my age.  I have always been a ninja.  When I was three I started to train with you and Gyu hyung. Dongwoo hyung can we go out for a drink together?"

"Ask Hoya, Sungyeol, or Myungsoo.  I have matters to attend to.  Sunggyu hyung told me that I am in charge until he gets back from talking to the king." Dongwoo explained.

"I hope the king is not angry with Gyu hyung.  The king seems angry lately.  It worries me." Sungjong sighed.

"You don't have to be worried about anything Jonggie." Dongwoo placed to hands on the younger's shoulders. "Just do your job as a ninja and everything will be alright.  We will not get in trouble because we were on a mission when Princess Miyoung left the kingdom."

"There must be a reason why she wants to leave." Sungjong said.

"Princess Miyoung well is not one who likes social calls.  Miyoung does not want to go on marriage interviews.  She wants to be able to marry who she wishes.  It is not standard for a Princess to pick who she wants to marry.  The princess normally has to marry the person that she is arranged to marry, but knowing Miyoung she will not stand for it."

"Why is that?" Sungjong asked with his big eyes.

"Because she is not a normally princess." Dongwoo said. "Miyoung is well does not take the typical rout."

"Do you think what Woohyun said is true?" Sungjong asked "Do you think..." Sungjong lowered his voice,  "Do you think Noona and Gyu hyung have a thing for each other."

"If they do it is none of our business, but they are the type of people who would not let love get in the way of their duties.  It's complicated."  

"Isn't everything in life complicated?' Sungjong asked.

---

Hoya laid on the roof and stared up at the sky. He needed to get out of his room.  He could hear Myungsoo and Sungyeol arguing again.  He did not want to get involve and he also wanted to stay as far as possible from them.

When Sungyeol and Myungsoo fought it ends up turning violent.  He rather have someone else break it up.  He was not in the mood right now.

Hoya closed his eyes for a moment and heard a crash.  His eyes popped open and he sat up.  Hoya took a deep breath.  Hoya stood up and stretched his arms.

"I better stop them!" Hoya jumped down onto the balcony. He walked into the room where they were fighting, "YAHHH YOU IDIOTS STOP IT."  

---

Sunggyu walked into the king's office and handed him his report.  "Sir this is the information that we got from our enamy." Sunggyu crossed his arms and sat down across from the king.

"Tell the boys that they have done exceptional work again. You lead them well Sunggyu." The king smiled weakly.  "Sunggyu we need to discuss a few things about my daughter."

"Whatever it is you can tell me sir!" Sunggyu looked into his eyes.

---

"Joon, you're back already?" A man said as he sat on his thrown.  "Has the game begun?  Is the princess questioning who she is?"

"Yes, she is!" Joon smirked. "When should I take the next step?"

"Soon." The man smirked.

an - hello everyone I hope you like this update *throws hearts* This fic is going to be most-likely 30 chapters.  I hope you are excited for what I have to come. 

 

Also, if you haven't already check out my newest fic Red It's my twist on Little Red Ridding Hood. I will also be releasing 4 new fics in the near future.