Temporary Accommodation

The Escape

 

The Escape
Chapter Six
*
Temporary Accommodation
*

Previously:

The pair left the man and took the elevator to Yoona's floor. "The bathroom is on the left, first door if you need to use it oppa," Yoona said as she unlocked the door to her apartment, thinking that Taecyeon had come with her to use the bathroom.

"I'm not here to use that." Taecyeon said in a serious tone as he gently pushed Yoona inside. "Grab some clothes to last you the weekend. You're not coming back tonight. Not on my watch anyway,"

~

Yoona looked at Taecyeon with a confused face. "What do you mean I'm not coming back tonight? I live here, of course I'm coming back,"

"I know you live here, but you're not coming back tonight. Go pack some clothes,"

Frustrated, Yoona stood where she was, hand on hips. "I'm not doing anything until you tell me what you're on about. Why do you always have to be so frustrating!"

He sighed. Taecyeon didn’t want to scare her by telling her the reason why she wasn’t going to come back tonight, but he also knew she wouldn’t pack some clothes if he didn’t tell her. Sighing, he decided to tell her the truth. "Because Lee Seung-gi was standing at the entrance of the parking lot to this building. That’s why you're not coming back tonight. Now go pack some clothes, or do I have to do that for you?"

*

"Mother Won!" Minjun yelled into the house as soon as he walked into the Park House. "We're home! Guess who's here with us!"

It wasn't the first time Yuri had ever visited the Park House, as Tiffany and Hyun Joong had been going out for three years and she worked for Jay and his brothers. The last few times she came, she remembered how nice Kim Wonhee had treated her, like a daughter of her own.

"I'm in the kitchen! Who did you boys bring home?" Wonhee's voice carried from the kitchen.

"Need any help Aunty Wonny?" Yuri peeped in through the kitchen, surprising Wonhee.

"Ah! Yuri-ah! It's been so long! You seem to have gotten skinnier since the last time I saw you…" Wonhee said while eyeing Yuri from head to toe. "Where's Hyun Joong? I thought he was coming too?"

"He'll be here soon with Tiffany unnie. They just went back to their penthouse to let the movers in with their stuff. And you can finally meet Yoona too! She'll be here soon with Taecyeon," Yuri replied before stealing some carrot sticks off Wonhee's chopping board. "Is there anything I can help you with here?"

"No no, go do something with the boys and have fun. Leave the food to the maids and myself," Wonhee shooed Yuri out.

-

By the time Hyun Joong and Tiffany had arrived at the Park House, Taecyeon and Yoona had yet to make their entrance. Seizing this opportunity, Yuri decided she had to tell her cousin what was going on and left the boys with their video games, after all, she was going to Japan for only God knows how long.

"Oppa, come outside with me. There's something I need to talk to you about,"

-

"What did you just say?" Hyun Joong couldn’t believe his ears. There had been a stranger stalking his little sister for the past few months and he didn’t know until now? "Why didn’t you tell me this earlier?"

"Oppa, please don’t get angry. It's not like you don’t know Yoona, I think she just didn’t want you to get all concerned. Besides, if news broke out that Yoona had a stalker, that would affect the company's business affairs, and you know that. I'm only telling you this because I'm going to Japan next week for endless business meetings, and I don’t know how long it'll be before I come back. Yoona's going to give me and earful for telling you this, you know. So please, I beg you, do not make a scene when Yoona gets here,"

Unbelievable. That’s only how he could describe this moment. His sisters had been keeping a secret from him these past few months. Frustration came upon him as he sat down at a garden bench and rubbed his temples. "Okay. She's moving in with me at the penthouse,"

*

"We're back!" Taecyeon shouted into the Park House as he unlocked the front door and ushered Yoona inside. "Mother Won! Come and meet Yoona. She's Hyun Joong hyung's sis-," He stopped midsentence as the screaming silence finally hit him. Much to his surprise, they were greeted with staring eyes rather than the warmth and playfulness of his brothers and mother from the open plan living room. It kind of freaked him out, actually. "What did I do this time?"

Wonhee walked up to her son from her seat on the lounge suite set. "It's not what you did Taec," she whispered into his ear. "You must be the famous Yoona who Hyun Joong and Yuri always talk about! You look much more prettier in person!" Wonhee smiled at Yoona and motioned for both Taecyeon and Yoona to sit down on the couch with the rest of the group.

"It's what Yoona did," Jay said softly to his brother, who now sat next to him.

Hyun Joong heaved a sigh before he spoke to his sister. "I get why you didn’t tell me about Lee Seung-gi Yoona, I do, but-"

"Hold up," Yoona held her hand up. "How do you know about that? Did you tell him Taecyeon?!" she pointed at Taecyeon, who sat beside her.

"I told oppa, Yoong. It wasn’t Taecyeon's fault," Yuri surrendered.

"Unnie!!" Yoona whined.

"Look Yoona, it doesn’t matter who told me. What matters is that I know now, and what we're going to do about it. If you've got a stalker following you, well then you need to move out of that apartment , especially now that Yuri is going to Japan next week," Hyun Joong addressed his little sister. "You're moving in with me and Tiffany at the penthouse."

Yoona huffed. "Oppa! I'm not moving out! That's my apartment!"

"Now isn't the time to be arrogant Yoona! I've got enough on my plate as it is, and now I find out that there's some psycho who's been stalking you for months. You are moving out of that apartment whether you like it or not! It's for your safety Yoona," Hyun Joong pleaded.

"Oppa," Tiffany tried to calm her fiancé down.

Wonhee looked at Hyun Joong with sympathy. She could understand how afraid he was right now for Yoona. He was a good role model, and an even greater big brother. Wonhee was happy that her niece Tiffany had found such a good man to marry. "Don't be silly Hyun Joong," she patted his hand. "You and Tiffany are about to get married. Yoona can stay with me and the boys her. She can stay in Tiffany's old room,"

"And there's all of us here," Junho spoke up.

"We can look out for her too," Minjun added.

Out of the corner of his eye, Taecyeon noticed that Yoona wasn’t going to let up anytime soon. After a few calculations in his head, he finally spoke. "Look Hyun Joong hyung, why don’t you let her stay with me? I have a spare room in my apartment. It'll be easier for her to adjust to living with me, than here where there's housekeepers and maids around every corner. She's closer with me than these guys anyway, so she'll find it more comfortable," Taecyeon pointed to his brothers.

"Taecyeon has a point you know," Yuri chimed in. "And he knows what Lee Seung-gi looks like anyway since he's already saved Yoona twice from him, so he'll have no problem making sure little Yoong is safe,"

"Make that three times," Yoona said softly before holding her hands up in surrender. "If I stay with Taecyeon oppa, will that make you happy?" she admitted defeat.

"Yes! That will make your oppa happy," Tiffany answered for Hyun Joong.

"Thanks man," Hyun Joong mouthed to Taecyeon, thankful for having met such a good friend, and patted his knee as a sign of his appreciation.

"Okay! Now that’s settled, let's go have dinner, shall we?" Wonhee clapped her hands together, and was returned with cheers, claps and 'thanks' from her sons who had spent a hard day helping Hyun Joong, Yoona and Yuri move.

"You're staying at my place starting tonight then, Im Yoona," Taecyeon whispered into Yoona's ear as he led her to the dining room. "No but's either,"

'How on earth did you get yourself into this mess Im Yoona?' Yoona thought as she let herself be taken to the dining table.

-

The clock struck twelve, and it was at this moment that Wonhee's last remaining guests decided to take their leave and retreat to their own homes. With Hyun Joong and Tiffany having already left a while ago since the dinner, Taecyeon offered to drive Yuri home with Yoona in tow.

"Such a beautiful child," Wonhee muttered as she waved them off from the front door of the Park House, the rest of her boys behind her.

"Mother, there's three of them." Jay pointed out as the headlights of Taecyeon's car dimmed out in the far distance. "Which one are you talking about?"

*

"You should go up to your apartment with Yuri to pack your things Yoona," Taecyeon said as he looked at the younger of the sisters in his rear view mirror, before turning into the parking lot of Yuri and Yoona's apartment building.

"You know, I don’t really have to stay at yours. If you just tell Hyun Joong oppa that I'm with you, and let me stay in my own apartment, he'll never find out," Yoona tried to weasel her way out of the temporary accommodation at Taecyeon's.

"I don’t think that’s such a great idea Yoona," Yuri warned the youngest.

"You're staying at mine from tonight on whether you like it or not. You're not getting out of this Yoona," Taecyeon repeated again.

"Come on Yoona, if Lee Seung-gi has found out that you live here, sooner or later, he's going to find out which floor and what number. We don’t know what he's capable of Yoong! Living with Taec is the best option you have right now honey," Yuri tried to convince Yoona. "Do it for me?"

"Fine!" Yoona gave up, raising her hands in defeat. "I'll go upstairs and pack my stuff, but you're bringing it down for me, oppa!"

-

"Promise me you'll be a good girl and behave while you're staying with Taec, Yoona," Yuri hugged her sister.

"I promise, but you have to promise me that you'll wrap up all your business stuff in Japan and come back as soon as possible!" Yoona pouted.

Yuri released her grip on Yoona, indicating that it was time for Yoona and Taecyeon to leave. "Take care of her for me Taec,"

"You've got nothing to worry about," he smiled. "I'll drop her off at work, pick her up from work, cook, clean, and all that whatnot. Just don’t rush those business meetings, our revenue target in Japan isn't quite up to how we expected operations to perform over there," he said light-heartedly.

"Be careful and listen to Taecyeon oppa, little one," Yuri kissed Yoona's cheek goodbye.

"I will. Have fun in Japan unnie. I want a souvenir when you come back,"

*

"…Please return to your seats and fasten your seatbelts. We will begin descending soon, and are expected to land in Incheon Airport at 9.30AM. We hope you've enjoyed your flight with us. This is your Captain, and on behalf of the crew on board this flight, we thank you for flying with us."

'Finally,' Jessica thought as she shut down her laptop. 'I'll be home soon.'

Spending the last 6 months in New York had been a nightmare for the journalist. Six long, excruciating months without the comfort of authentic Korean food. Sure, she was born in mighty United States of America, but she much preferred living life in Korea, where she was close to her cultural roots, her friends, and more importantly it was where her family was buried.

She just hoped like hell that she wouldn’t bump into Jay again and have a repeat of what happened in New York. Fingers crossed.

She didn’t need him kissing her again.

*

"Taecyeon oppa, stop calling me. I'm still at work!"

Yoona was glad that the weekend was finally over, so she could get away from her new flat mate, Taecyeon. He wasn’t bad, but he wasn’t as great as Yuri either. Sure, the apartment was surprisingly clean when they first got back that night - even the spare room that was there for his brothers to crash was organised and tidy. The room that she was staying in was relatively large in size. Yes, Taecyeon had been a gentleman that weekend - made sure she was comfortable, made her breakfast, lunch and dinner, did the dished, helped her with her suitcases, and helped her with anything she needed. Pretty much the perfect man.

Still, a girl could only tolerate so much testosterone.

His gags weren't funny. He was always sleeping - okay, maybe it wasn’t so bad because that meant she got a lot of photo editing done, but that’s beside the point. The point was that Taecyeon was always around, he didn’t go anywhere that weekend, he just stayed home. Which meant that she had no fun. He wouldn’t let her go out on her own, in case Lee Seung-gi was lurking around. Wasn’t the point of staying with Taecyeon precisely because Lee Seung-gi wasn’t lurking around? Oh the irony.

Work had been the one thing Taecyeon-free that she was looking forward to. But here he was again, calling her during work hours. Life loves to play games, doesn’t it?

"You're my date to a business function tonight," Taecyeon quickly panted out before she could hang up.

Yoona thought for a moment before answering. "No."

"You don’t get a say in this. I'll see you when I pick you up from work,"

*
"Fany unnie, I've edited a few photos from your pre-wedding photo shoot that you guys can use on your wedding invitations and save the date cards," Yoona said, motioning for Tiffany to take a seat in the shop's studio room. As she opened up the files on the computer, Jei came in with drinks. "Thanks Jei," Yoona said before continuing her conversation with Tiffany. "All you and oppa really need to do now is choose the photo you guys want on the invitations and save the date cards, as well as confirm your venue so that these babies can get printed,"

"This is why I love you Yoona. You're efficient!" Tiffany grinned at her future sister-in-law.

"Unnie, you’re family, so you're a priority! I'll show you the photo's I've edited," Yoona said.

*

"Hey yo Taec!" Nichkhun greeted as soon as Taecyeon walked through the doors of Happy Days. "You're just the man I was looking for, I need a favour from you bro. Can you look after Minho this weekend? Victoria and I have a business meeting in Busan from Friday to Monday," Nichkhun explained.

Nichkhun and Victoria had been together for as long as Taecyeon could remember, dating back to the days of pre-school. Sure, it was a little joke their parents had played on their kids by matchmaking and teasing them, but then that childhood fun had turned into real love and adoration for each other as the kids grew up. It wasn’t surprising really, when they announced that they were getting married as soon as they graduated from high school - they were dubbed the 'power couple' and voted as the most likely couple to get married first by their peers. By the time Nichkhun and Victoria had graduated from their respective universities with their own degrees, Nichkhun in Business and Administration and Victoria with in fashion design, they found that Victoria was pregnant with their first child. Minho was Victoria and Nichkhun's 5 year old son, and the godson of Taecyeon and all his brothers; Jay, Minjun, Wooyoung and Junho. Whenever Nichkhun and Victoria had to leave their son for an extended period of time, it was often Taecyeon and his brothers that took care of the little fellow. Now that Nichkhun and Victoria had a business meeting all the way out in Busan, Minho had decided that he wanted to stay with his Uncle Taec rather than the rest of the boys.

"No problem buddy, I haven't had Minho stay with me for ages now, it would be good to spend some quality time with each other so that he doesn’t forget his favourite uncle. Do you want me to pick him up from here on Friday?"

"Don’t get too cocky Taec, Minho tells me he only wants to stay with you because you have the cooler video games," Nichkhun warned and laughed before continuing. "Actually, do you think he could stay with you Thursday night as well? It's just that Victoria and I both have to catch the train early in the morning on Friday,"

"Yeah, sure, no problem. You'll drop him off at mine then?"

"Thanks buddy. I'll give you a call before I bring him around on Thursday. Why are you here anyway? You never come visit me here…"

"Yoona didn’t tell you?"

Nichkhun gave his buddy a look which told him he was confused. "Tell me what?"

"She's been living with me at my apartment since Friday night. I came to pick her up. Look, I know it's only 3 in the afternoon, but I need her to accompany me to a business function later tonight.. And well, she needs to get ready for that,"

'So that explains why Yoona came out of Taecyeon's car' he thought. This morning, Nichkhun had spotted Yoona getting out of a car that looked much too similar to Taecyeon's and dismissed the thought without hesitation - after all, hundreds of other South Koreans drove expensive silver sports cars like Taec's. "Totally understand," he laughed as he thought of how long it took Victoria to get ready sometimes. "She was just with Tiffany, but now she's in the studio doing some editing," Nichkhun directed Taecyeon with his thumb, pointing to the right. "And from the top of my head, she doesn’t have any appointments today, so feel free to take her away, Chansung can cover if something pops up anyway." Nichkhun smiled, before taking his leave and retreating to his own office.

Taecyeon made his way to where Yoona was working, and was reluctant to interrupt Yoona who was in the midst of photo editing on her computer. He could tell that she loved her job as a photographer from the way she looked while she worked - biting her lower lip, pouting when something when wrong, brows crossed in frustration, but then he saw her clapping and smiling widely at herself and took this as a sign that she was happy with the finished product. It was at this time that Yoona looked up from her computer screen and saw him. "Oppa?"

"Save what you're doing. We're going shopping,"

*

Taecyeon sat in the comfy seats of the store, waiting for Yoona to try on the dozens of dresses both him and her had picked out for tonight's event. Flipping through the pages of a magazine, he found himself struggling to concentrate on its content. Why? He did not know.

"Remind again why I have to attend this business function of yours again?" He heard Yoona shout from the dressing room, then she emerged from it wearing a red halter dress.

He stood up to inspect how the dress looked on her. "Because none of the other boys can attend as representatives of our company, so I have to go. Which means you have to go too because I'm not leaving you home alone at night. Now twirl around,"

She did as she was told. "I'm a fully grown woman!" Yoona retorted.

"Fully grown woman or not, I was left with strict instructions by Yuri to keep my eye on you. And by Hyun Joong hyung. So you better come with me or else you risk moving in with hyung and Tiffany or even with my mother and brothers,"

She gave up and decided to examine how she looked in the dress. "I don’t think red is my colour, oppa," Yoona pouted at her reflection in the mirror. "I don’t like this one,"

"Next dress then," he laughed while steering her back towards the dressing room.

*

"Mr Park, there's something you should know about the girl you've been telling us to watch over."

"What  is it?" Park Jin Young swung his leather chair around from the large windows of his office.

*

Hey guys, Chapter Six for y'all!

Comment and subscribe =)