Meet and greet.

The Escape

 

The Ultimate Dream
Chapter Two
*
Meet and greet.
*

"Lee…Lee seunggi-shii," Yoona stuttered as she began to fend herself from the guy. "What more do you want from me?! Seriously! Can you PLEASE just leave me alone?!"  

"Yoona," he pleaded. "Please, I just want to talk to you. We can make amends to our love, I know we can, if you could just sit and chat with me over coffee,"

"How many times do I need to repeat myself for you to get the message?! I don't want to talk to you, I don’t want to see you, and I certainly don't want to 'make amends to our love'!!!"

Reaching for her arm, he held onto her for dear life. In pain, Yoona tried her best to release her wrist from his tight grip which was beginning to form bruises on her for sure. "Please let me go Seungi-shii," she tried once more, not wanting to scream in fear that it may cause a scene in this bustling part of Seoul city.

"No! There's no way I'm letting you go ever again!"

Panic hit Yoona, and she began to sweat from the pain this man was causing on her wrist. "Lee seungi-shii!! You're hurting me!! LET ME GO!!" Her patience with this man became unendurable as she began to throw a fit in the middle of the street, in hope that a kind stranger would help her be free of this man and his hold on her wrist.

Her wish came true when a young man caught her pleading eyes.

 *

Running, Yuri and Yoona both made it to the entrance of the Four Seasons Hotel. "Aish, he's gonna give us a lashing for arriving this late Yul," the latter began.

"Finally," Hyun Joong rushed up to both his younger siblings, Tiffany and Seulong tagging behind. "It's about time you both turned up," the brother began his lecture, only to be interrupted by the two partners in crime

"Sorry oppa," Yuri panted.

"Car broke down on our way ove-," Yoona also began to explain, but was cut off by Tiffany. "Oppa! What matters is that they're here and that they're not hurt!" Sending death glares along with her scolding towards Hyun Joong, he immediately stopped his lecture on the girls while Tiffany turned back to fret over Yuri and Yoona. "Go to the bathroom to touch up on your makeup and hair, and then come to the ballroom to get yourselves ready girls,"

Mouthing their thanks to their unnie, the two girls retreated to the toilets.

"Why do you always take their side whenever I'm about to tell them off?" he whined after they left.

"Kim Hyun Joong! Don't you dare pull that face at me!" Having grown up in a household of male siblings, Tiffany would always stand on the side of Yuri and Yoona whenever conflict arose between the sisters and their brother. "It's not their fault that the car broke down, and you of all people should know better than to start a family feud in public. Come on," she grabbed his hand and led the pouting Hyun Joong into the ballroom. "I think we need to make a few last minute changes to the programme tonight."

*

"Show me that wrist of yours Yoong," The elder of the two sisters demanded in the toilets of the Four Seasons Hotel. Having been told of Yoona's incident this afternoon, Yuri was concerned.

"It's fine now, it doesn't hurt as much," Yoona commented as she held out her wrist for Yuri's inspection.

"Thank the lord that you can make wonders with the magic of makeup," Yuri said upon being satisfied with the look of the bruising that had been present this afternoon when Yoona got home, which was now hidden behind concealer. "If oppa had seen that massive bruise on your wrist just then, he would have freaked for sure. I'm just glad that someone helped you before anything bad happened to you Yoong,"

"It's just a case of mistaken identity Yul, nothing to worry about. And you swore that you wouldn’t utter a word of what happened to oppa, so let's just leave it at that before word gets out I was almost kidnapped,"

"Yeah, I swore I wouldn’t utter a word about how your wrist got to the state that it is to oppa, and I don’t plan on telling him either. But if something like this happens again, I'm telling what happened whether you like it or not. I don’t care if you get angry with me Yoong, but this is your safety we are talking about. I know you think you're strong honey, but I'd rather you not risk your life. So just please make sure you've got someone with you at all times Yoona. Call it overreacting if you want, but I don’t want that creep to ever be able to touch you again," Yuri eyed her sister, staring at Yoona intently waiting for her to promise to never be alone.

*

"I'd like to thank everyone for coming tonight," Kim Hyun Joong began the formal introductions on stage so that the glamorous event could begin. Tiffany had suggested to scrap the greetings at the entrance of the ballroom  in favour of making one formal introduction to all the attendees at this event rather than individually. "It means a lot to Yuri, Yoona, and myself as tonight's ball is significant in the sense that our Grandfather, the founder of Kim Enterprises, has not been with us for five years now. Although he may not be here with us anymore, I strongly believe that tonight, he is looking down on us and will celebrate our successes this year with us. The moon is especially bright and round tonight, and call be childish, immature, and naïve, but I think this is a sign that he's smiling down upon us at this very moment. Thank you for coming, and I now announce that the ball has officially begun," he concluded.

Tiffany smiled at her fiancé from the side stage. Hyun Joong had come a long way and accomplished a lot in the years which she had known him. Overcoming  his grandfather's death had really  affected him, she had heard from those working at Kim Enterprises. They had said that in the first year after his death, Hyun Joong had isolated himself by working overtime, night after night. Yuri and Yoona had moved out of the Kim mansion, moving on after their grandfather's death. However, with his sisters no longer living at home, he had constantly worried on their health, safety and financial stability. She had been told that it wasn’t until she had entered his life, did he cut back on the hours spent at work so that he could enjoy his life.

"What are you thinking about?" His voice and a quick kiss broke her train of thoughts.

"Nothing important," she smiled at him, handing over his glass of champagne. "Come, Minjun oppa and the rest have arrived. They want to see you," she grabbed his hand and headed towards her family.

*

"Seulong oppa! Jinwoon oppa!" Yuri waved at Hyun Joong's two right hand men, catching their attention. "How've you two been? I haven't seen you both in what seems like forever," she said as soon as they had made their way through the crowd to the younger one from the buffet table.

"Yuri-ah! Long time no see!" Seulong hugged her.

"It's not our fault we haven't seen you in so long. You're the one that decided to move out after all," Jinwoon also hugged her. Being Hyun Joong's business partners, Seulong and Jinwoon would often be found at the Kim mansion for business discussions before her and Yoona had moved out. The girls had forged lifelong friendships with the two men, who treated both as siblings of their own.

"I missed you both too," Yuri ignored Jinwoon's last comment. As she looked up from her hug, someone from afar looked very familiar. 

Dong young-bae. Or better known as Taeyang. 

*

Hey guys another chapter! Here's hoping that you'll all have a very merry christmas and a happy new year! I'll be doing lots of writing over the next week, so expect to see Yoona and Taecyeon in the next chapter!