The story begins...

The Escape

 

The Escape
Chapter One
*
The story begins….
*

Yoona hurriedly scurried out of the building. For the fifth time this week, Yoona had been escorted out of the JYP Building after endless attempts to get hold of a man called Park Jin Young. The man who she just recently discovered, owed her an explanation and a successful entertainment corporation. The ringtone of her cellphone woke Yoona up from her thoughts. Looking at the screen, she saw the Caller ID and picked up.

“Did you manage to get hold of Park Jin Young?” the voice asked, concerned.
Not knowing how to reply, Yoona heaved a loud sigh which gave her friend the answer.
“Oh,” Yuri continued. “There’s always next time, right?”
“I guess so.” She forced herself to put on a happy tone. “Anyway, what’s up?”
“I didn’t know if you remembered, but the company annual ball is tonight... If you're not up for it, we can always stay home tonight, I'm sure Hyun Joong oppa will understand..”
"It's okay, Yuri, really. We'll be there tonight. Besides, it's a company event and we've gone every year, it would be rude not to go. We have to go to support oppa.”
“Are you sure?”
“Absolutely.”
"Okay, I'll see you at home soon then and we'll get ready together,"

Yoona continued to walk down the busy streets of Seoul until someone's shoes stepped in front of her. Lifting her head from the ground to see who was that stopped Yoona in her tracks, Yoona's eyes suddenly widened. ' Aish! seriously', she thought to herself, 'my day cannot get any worse…'

*

“ Hey, Yoona and I will both be there tonight. By the sounds of it, there wasn't any luck with Park Jin Young either.” Yuri yelled into the kitchen after hanging up the call with Yoona. Yuri sat herself down behind the kitchen bench that separated the kitchen with the living room, facing her good friend and loving cousin, Kim Hyun Joong.  

“Good.” Hyun Joong replied."She needs some time off to relax, and to take her mind off other businesses. It's been so long since her parents company has been taken over, and as much as I can understand why she wants to get it back, I don't see why she has to hold onto past events. What happened in America happened between the generation above her, not in her current generation. And besides, she owns a third of Kim Enterprises…Park Jin Young is too much of a dangerous guy for Yoona to be hanging around.” Having grown up with Yoona, Kim Hyun Joong regarded the younger as his little sister since the age of 9, when he first met Yoona. His late grandfather had been a dedicated volunteer at the Orphanage Shelter, where he found the runaway Im Yoona. After the death of both her parents in a fatal accident while in the United States, she had returned to South Korea to be looked after by her sick Grandmother. Years passed, and lung cancer had taken the elder's life, leaving a young Yoona to be tossed around and neglected by the villagers before his Grandfather had found her in the orphanage. Bringing Yoona back with him to Seoul, she ended up under the same roof as Hyun Joong, growing up together as siblings along with Yuri, Hyun Joong's younger cousin. It was only just recently that she had found out her parents company had been conned into the hands of Park Jin Young.

"I know, but you know how Yoona is. She doesn't come from a background like ours, oppa. That company is the only thing that serves as some sort of bridge between her parents up there," she pointed to the heavens, "and herself here. I know she's grown up with the both of us, but sometimes she feels different. You and I are both related, your father and my mother were siblings, but Yoona was adopted into this family. Let her do what she wants, oppa, it’s the only way she can mend her broken heart."

"I know, I know." He heaved a sigh. Sometimes running an international corporation was easier than taking care of his two younger family members. "You know, it would be a lot easier if both of you just came back to help me run Kim Enterprises. We all have an equal amount of shares in the company…"

'Here we go again..' Yuri thought to herself. "Oppa, you know how Yoona and I both feel about this. We've been over this before. We don't want to have to rely on family and relationships to earn a living. We want to be independent. Besides, I like my job at Park&Associates." Having lost her parents in a fatal accident like Yoona, Yuri had moved into the Kim mansion to live with her cousin Hyun Joong and their Grandfather. "And you've got Tiffany unnie helping you too, what more do you want?"

"Fine. But you both could at least move back in. I hate not knowing if you're both okay out here, and the house is too big for just myself." It was true, the guy found the Kim mansion to be too silent. The maids retreated to their quarters every night just after he returned home from work. The building had felt like its livelihood had been lost since the death of his Grandfather, and after the two girls decided to tackle the world on their own, escaping the sheltered life, leaving behind Hyun Joong on his own. "Don't even think about dragging Tiffany into this Yuri," he warned her also. "She's got enough on her plate while running between our company and Park&Associates doing jobs,"

"Oppa," she began. "Does it look like we're struggling? You know, you're way to overly protective sometimes. You are too much like Grandfather. And don't interrupt me!" she yelped as he began to express his opinions, but was stopped midway by Yuri's command. "We like it out here, and I know you get lonely sometimes in a big house. But please respect our decision. I'll promise that we'll come visit more often. I know it's not fair for you to do all the work when we have equal shares and responsibilities for the company, but if you need us to help at Kim Enterprises, we'll do so at your beck and call! Please, can we just not talk about this anymore? I don't want a repeat of what happened last time…"

Being reminded of the events that occurred following a similar conversation that happened last year where both girls ignored all calls from him for 2 weeks, Hyun Joong decided to drop it. "Okay, fine. I'm sorry," he apologised. "I should probably go now and over see everything so that tonight goes smoothly. I'll see you both tonight then."

Grateful for the end of that subject, Yuri thanked her cousin and kissed his cheek goodbye. "We'll see you tonight."

After waving her beloved and sometimes overly protective cousin off, Yuri slid onto the blue couch in the living room. The apartment seemed so quiet despite it being located in central Seoul. She closed her eyes as she remembered last night’s scene from The Mojo Club.

Yuri walked into The Mojo Club, excited to see her boyfriend. It had been such a hard day today, filled with so many negative things. The one thing that had kept her going was the thought of getting to see her significant other half. Lifting her head from the ground, she looked up to start the search for her boyfriend. A smile snuck onto her face as she saw his image and she started to walk over to where he was sitting. Then the scene unravelling in front of her stopped her dead in her tracks. A girl about the same age as Yuri sat right on top of him, lips moving fiercely around his neck. Her skimpy skirt barely covering her thighs, tomorrow's washing shown to the world. She wrapped her long, sleek arms around his neck, which was probably now covered in bruises. Yuri watched from afar, unable to move or shout, and continued to watch as he leaned into the girl, pushing his lips against hers, then started nibbling on her neck. It was almost like the two were oblivious to the people around them, unaware that their groping session was out in public. Yuri could not watch anymore. Still in shock, she sprinted out of the Club.

Her mind returning to her living room, Yuri sighed. She had known this day would come, and she was warned on several occasions. If only she had listened…The funny thing was, her heart wasn't broken like it should have been.

*

Hyun Joong paced around in the foyer of the Four Seasons Hotel. Where were his sisters?? The annual Kim Enterprises Ball was  not an event to be late for, most of all this year. The event was about to start soon and both Yuri and Yoona were expected to greet guests with Hyun Joong when they turned up, after all, his Grandfather had left the reins of Kim Enterprises to all 3 of them.

Tiffany, seeing the frustration upon Hyun Joong's face, tried to comfort him. "Oppa, I'm sure they're on their way here. Stop pacing back and forth," she hugged him.  

"I know, I know. It's just that tonight is a special event and you know that too." He kissed her forehead as he hugged her back. Tiffany was good at calming him down at times like these when he got anxious. It was one of the reasons that he fell in love with her 3 years ago. "Seulong, can you call the girls for me and ask on their whereabouts?"

"Hyung, no need for that. They're here," the right hand man pointed to the 2 girls approaching the main doors.

"See, I told you," Tiffany smiled.

"You're always right," he gave in to his love.

*

That’s it for this chapter!

Comment please! =)

PS: Was this too long for a first chapter? Let me know if I keep repeating myself… I get annoyed too when stories don't seem to progress and continue going round and round in circles…