Discovery

Over Time

~~~

 

 

“Ooh, is that a shrine?!” Sehun shrieked. Hyojin rolled her eyes, “Does everything amaze you?” Hyojin spitted.

“You are not very friendly, aren’t you?” Sehun talked back. Never once in his life had a girl be so... cold towards him. They would usually wink at him, flirted and some even d him, which happened twice. But Sehun was thought to be nice even though he felt like knocked their heads for being so disrespectful. Well, price had to be paid for being so beautiful.

Hyojin shook her head, as her answer to Sehun’s rhetorical question, which annoyed the male. She took a look around the small grassy area. “I wonder whose tomb is that.” Hyojin muttered.

Sehun followed her and circled the tomb, going the opposite way of her. At one point they would meet and Sehun scoffed which Hyojin seemed to not be aware of, because her attention was all taken by their latest discovery. She felt drawn to it for some reason.

Sehun kept on coughing loudly but still Hyojin showed no interest. “Um, hello! I’m ignoring you!” Sehun cried.

“Okay.”

Sehun was dumbfounded. *She’s okay with it? That’s first!*

As Hyojin took a few steps up the small set of steps, hand sliding slowly on the wall of the tomb, “Can we enter?”

“And why would you do that? Pay the dead a visit? How nice.” Sehun sarcastically remark.

“Grow up.” Hyojin insult calmly. *What is this girl’s problem?* Sehun snorted mentally.

Hyojin paced to the entrance and pushed it but it won’t budge. Hyojin mentally complained how physically weak she was. “Need help?” Sehun smugly asked.

“Push the door.” Hyojin said casually. “That’s it, no ‘please’.” Sehun nagged but he still went over to the door and pushed it with his shoulder, “I think that we need to this together,” he mumbled.

Hyojin and Sehun tried their best to push the door open, but the door seemed to be more stubborn than Hyojin was, from Sehun’s point of view that is.

“Okay, a little more.” Hyojin gasped, she couldn’t explain why but something told her that she needed to enter but why wouldn’t it open up?!

“Stupid door.” Hyojin pouted. “There’s no use of the knob anyway, it won’t turn. It’s just a mere deco.” Sehun played around with the knob, pushing it and pulling it.

The door cricked open, “Oh, you have got to be kidding?! Did you see tha-” Hyojin passed by him like he wasn’t there in the first place.

One thing about Oh Sehun; is that he did NOT like to be ignored.

“Okay listen to me-” Sehun blurted but soon stopped, “Why so you have this current obsession of being listened to or a strong dislike to being ignored? Are you gonna die? Sometimes being alone is the best thing the world could offer.” Hyojin interrupted.

Sehun was speechless; he didn’t realise that he was being so childish.

Sehun awkwardly coughed and went inside the chamber which had a stone dome above them. “Looks old, I’d say over a century, or more.” Sehun voiced out a moment later, after analysing the small place. “But I’ve read almost all the books in the public library and hear stories from the village elders, none ever mention about a tomb beyond the mist.” Sehun added.

Beyond the mist?

The mist?!

“What did you say? Beyond the mist? That’s impossible.” Hyojin was now all interested to what Sehun had to say. “I think we are over the mist, I mean, do you have any other explanations?” Sehun challenged

“But- that- can’t be- no one ever come back? Are we stuck here?” Hyojin didn’t know if she should be happy or sad, she had always wanted to be free and this was her chance, escaping the horrid reality but, she couldn’t just dump all her burden to her mother. Her mother; Hyojin wouldn’t see her again.

“Hey, I just thought of something; I never got your name. So what is it?”            

Hyojin paused and thought for a minute.

“Yong Dasom, my name is Yong Dasom.” Hyojin lied smoothly, she didn’t like to tell strangers her name, and this would stop him from asking her name then so be it.

“Dasom? You have the same name as my younger sister, she’s 9. But don’t be fooled by her age, she’s really knowledgeable for a person her age.” Sehun said proudly.

“So, which part of the village are you from, Dasom?” Sehun asked, being friendly, obviously trying to cover their little argument earlier.

Hyojin was surprised, what did he mean by that? Her village wasn’t that huge anyway, most of the lands were used for plantation. “Err, the east?” She answered vaguely, again a lie. She didn’t even know what Sehun was talking about. She was even bewildered when he mentioned ‘library’. She heard of it but never set foot to one. There was one but it was in the capital, and she never went there either.

“Really? Me too. That’s funny; I’ve never seen you around before. I wonder why is that?” Sehun tapped his chin.

“I don’t get along with... people.”

“Well, I can see some logic there.” Sehun started to snoop to the white casket in the middle of the chamber.

“I wonder what’s her history?” Sehun mumbled. “Her?”

“Well obviously, look at this. ‘God in His mercy lend her grace. To the lady with the lovely face. Lady Kim Hyojin.”

Hyojin?

Kim Hyojin?

That had creeped Jung Hyojin, or Yong Dasom, just a little bit.

“I’ve always liked that name.” Sehun added.

Kim Hyojin, where had she heard that name? She was pretty sure that someone had mention that to her.

Oh, that’s right. Her mother told her about Kim Hyojin.

“Do you know about this, err, Kim Hyojin? Why was she given all this respect? Was she that important? What’s her story?” Sehun kept on mumbling questions from his head. That was just Sehun being himself. Talking nonstop.                                        

“Maybe we should leave.” Hyojin made her way to the door but it suddenly closed with a loud bang.

Sehun whistled, “Creepy.” He looked around and ran his hand over the casket, “You gotta see this, I don’t even know if it’s a design or some ancient chant.” He waved Hyojin to his direction.

Hyojin, who was standing still after the door banged shut, began to walk shakily to where Sehun was.

Hyojin crouched down and scanned the words craved on the side of the casket. Those words, they looked so familiar, like Hyojin had seen it before. In the next instant, she could feel her pupils dilating, her head became light, like her body was suddenly beyond her control all of the sudden.

“Be gone Fear,” Hyojin blurted out softly, suddenly Sehun and Hyojin were surrounded by a circle, in blinding light.

“Dasom! What’s going on?!” Sehun panicked.

“Banish Limitations,” She continued as strong wind suddenly whooshed around them, tossing Hyojin’s hair everywhere. Sehun’s edginess level increased sky high, he held Hyojin’s shoulders, “What did you do?!” his eyes widen, as he stared to Hyojin’s suddenly eyes; they looked so empty and dark, almost lifeless, “Dasom, snap out of it!” He ran his wobbly fingers through Hyojin’s wind-tossed hair and gripped it hard, “I said snap out of it!”

But Hyojin remained with her expressionless look, her unmoved figure remain still throughout the whole happening.

“Banish Loneliness.” She finished, the wind became more violent reaching the ceiling, covering the view outside the circle, which shone even brighter, blinding Sehun.

Sehun saw Hyojin’s legs became to fade and nervously looked over to his, “What’s happening to us? Dasom, What did you do?!” Sehun shrieked as their body faded, it creeped up to their neck and that was when Sehun became to scream. And finally finishing their heads. 

 

~~~

Finally updated chapter 3! 

Sorry for the long wait! ^^"

Enjoy, comment and subscribe! :)