{ First Love }

❝ A Somewhat Different Fairy Tale ❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ouch, what the hell is this?” Key’s sudden voice that was full of pain caused Jonghyun to turn around, looking at his ex-fiancée. Kibum just noticed the rope on his wrists that was hindering him from sitting up. He couldn’t believe he was being chained to the bed… by Jonghyun.

“You’re awake,” said the Prince with an emotionless voice while the moonlight shined on half of his face, making him look scary as hell.

“Jjonggie, what is this? Release me now,” commanded Kibum loudly in anger.

The prince smirked while his eyes were filled with sadness. Leaning closer to the younger boy, he stated coldly.

“You’re not leaving, Kibum. I’m not letting you go anywhere.”

And for a short moment, Jonghyun’s world froze. Key showed no reaction, no anger, no fear, no disappointment, not even a blink.

“This is not funny at all. Release me, Jjong. I need to get up to—”

“to leave me? For good?” The Prince finished Key’s sentence with sadness. “I can’t let that happen.”

“Even if that means you’ll have to lock me up forever?” The younger boy asked in disbelief.

“Even so,” replied Jonghyun and his heart broke as a tear felt down Kibum’s pretty face. Damn it, no matters what Key did, he was beautiful.

“I’m scared, Jjonggie,” whispered Kibum.

“So am I,” said the Prince.

“Please stay with me,” he begged before pressed his lips against Key’s forcefully, kissed the younger boy gently. And as his kisses found their way to Key’s neck, they got – like with Key’s struggles - rougher.

 

 

“And that was when I woke up,” said the Prince. The last part of that ‘ert’ dream was his only and he was not going to share it with anybody.

Without a word Onew –who was listening carefully to the Prince talking about his dream -  stand up and left the dining room, causing Jonghyun to follow his cousin confusingly.

“Where are you going now?” called the young Prince.

“Checking your chamber, making sure there is no tied up Key in there.” Onew replied.

“Seriously?” exclaimed Jonghyun. “Don’t you have any trust in me? Is that what you think of me? You have known me forever.”

“And that’s why I know you are not yourself when it comes to Kibum,” Onew explained, stopped right before the big door to the Prince’s bedroom.

Sighed, Jonghyun opened the door for the older boy.

“Here, please. Go ahead and check it. He is there, not being tied up, just sleeping, so that he would be fit for the long trip tomorrow – when he is going to leave me… for good.  Are you happy now?” The Prince said, trying his best not to yell at his hyung.

“Why should I be happy about that?” Onew asked in disbelief. “I’m the last person in this world who would want you two to be separated. You guys saved my life. Of course, I want you to be happy together.” He stated.

“And if I have to go through hell, I’ll help you.”

“Thank you, hyung. But even that wouldn’t help me now. He had made his decision and I have to accept it,” said Jonghyun.

He might sound like a heartless bastard saying that, but the truth was that he just tried his best to accept the sad fact of Key leaving. However, he knew this wouldn’t work. Nothing was making it better because his love was leaving him for good and he was not being able to do anything against it. If he could just rip his heart out and show it to Key so that the younger boy could see his name on it.

“He just couldn’t understand I need him. I guess it’s because he has never been in love with me. So what else could I do? You can’t force the feeling, can you?” The Prince said sadly. Oh, how he wished there was a way to make Key love him.

“Stupid Prince is so stupid,” exclaimed Onew and hit Jonghyun’s head lightly.

“Ouch,” cried Jonghyun loudly, rolling his eyes. “What was that for?”

“That was for your stupidness, your Highness. How can you think he doesn’t feel anything for you?”

“How could he feel anything for me and he wants to leave me at the same time?” argued the Prince.

“You are really silly, aren’t you?” Onew asked.

“I had been locked up for years and even I can tell how much he loves you. Even a blind person can tell that.”

“That doesn’t make any sense. Why should he want to leave me then?” The Prince questioned in frustration. Never in his life had he wanted to be wrong more than this moment. If he could be wrong and Kibum could love him, that would be enough.

“The reason, Jonghyun,” Onew slowly explained. “Didn’t Kibum say it very clearly?”

The older boy answered with another question, confusing the Prince again.

“You got it?” Onew asked tiredly, feeling like an old man, after enlightening the Prince.

 

Jonghyun took a deep breath and lay down next to his sleeping ex-fiancé. He hugged the boy next to him tightly as if it was the last time. What Onew had told him earlier was right. He was the Prince and Cinderella was not meant to be his wife. The right thing to do now was to let that person named Cinderella go. And that was exactly what he was going to do.

 

Kibum woke up as the morning lights burned his eyes. The place next to him was cold and empty. For some mystery reason, he felt sad, as if something was missing. God, who was he kidding? He knew clearly what ‘it’ was?

Jonghyun. He was missing the Prince and that even before he left the castle. How was he going to live without Jjong? He had no clue, but about one thing he was sure. They weren’t meant to be. Life was not a fairy tale where Cinderella would marry the Prince and live happily ever after.

However, before he left, he needed to do something.

“Why? You used to be so kind to me and we used to be a family. Didn’t you have everything you wanted? Didn’t you murder my mom for that? I just couldn’t understand why you hated me so much. Have I ever done anything to you?”

Key asked Hyun Jung, his stepmother, through the locked door. He was aware of the fact that the answer – whatever it was – wouldn’t change

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter