{ Mastermind }

❝ A Somewhat Different Fairy Tale ❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ Mastermind }

After a long day, checking and talking to every servant who had worked on the day his mother was murdered, Key laid down on the bed tiredly, hoping Jonghyun had more lucks with the guards. Then suddenly, his eyes flung wide open as he felt someone’s arm around his waist.

“Jjong,” he said, flinched. He had forgiven the Prince. Yes, that was true, but he still couldn’t forget that night completely, even though he was trying his best and Jonghyun was being really patient with him. They were taking it slow… very slow. Jonghyun was gentle and hadn’t forced him to anything he wasn’t comfortable with anymore.

“Don’t be afraid. I won’t do anything to you.” The Prince said as he laid down next to his fiancée. “I just want to make sure that you’re really here.”

“What are you talking about, Jjong?” Kibum asked confusingly.

“I mean two weeks ago, I wouldn’t even think of lying next to you or holding you like this. It still feels like a dream.” Jonghyun answered, causing Key to smile. The Prince could talk nonsense sometimes, but Key found that pretty cute. Kibum turned around and wrapped his arms around the Prince’s neck, pulling himself closer. Jonghyun held his breath nervously as Key looked straight into his eyes with a smirk on his face. He was about to attack the younger boy’s cherry lips as someone hit his head hard.

“Ouch, what was that for?” He asked in shock.

“Ouch, it hurts?” Kibum played the innocent.

“Yes,” cried Jonghyun, rubbing his head in pain.

“Then it’s not a dream,” Key said with a victory smile, causing the Prince to roll his eyes in disbelief.

“Do you even know who you just hit? I’m the Prince of the Kingdom.” Jonghyun asked, trying to look serious but failed to hide his smile.

“Oh, forgive me, your Highness. I thought it was a Dino's head,” answered Key sarcastically.

“Dino? Wow, Kim Kibum, you’re so dead.” The Prince said before pinning the younger boy down, started tickling him.

“H-Help… a D-Dino… is attacking… me” Key shouted out loud through his laughter.

“Dino, huh? You have got a nerve, Bummie,” Jonghyun asked, continued tickling and very soon the huge room was filled with their laughter.

“Jjong… S-stop... or else… I will...” Kibum said, struggled. Just then, the Prince stopped, looked at the boy under him curiously.

“Or else you’ll do what?” He asked with a smirk and there was suddenly silence in the room. Key felt his heart raced as Jonghyun’s eyes wandered to his lips. Slowly, the Prince leaned closer as if he was checking Key’s reaction, asking for permission. Kibum blinked nervously as he felt Jonghyun’s hot breath on his nose. The Prince was only inches away from him. The gap between their lips was shorter and shorter until…

“Jonghyun, how did … OH” Minho’s voice ruined the silence, causing the boys to look to the door in shock.

“Minho?” They said together, still in an awkward position, since Jonghyun was still on top of Kibum.

“S-Sorry I didn’t know you guys were…” Minho apologized while his face got red as a tomato. “C-Continue with … I … I was just… I’ll go now. Sorry.”

“Hey Minho, stay. There is nothing happening.” Key called after the tall boy before turned back to Jonghyun.

“Ahm, Jjong?” He whispered, causing the Prince to get off of him immediately as he noticed in what awkward position they were.

“It’s not what it looks like. We’re just joking around.” Jonghyun told his friend.

“You don’t have to explain anything to me. It’s not my business what you guys do in the bedroom.” Minho said, causing Key to blush at the statement.

“There was really nothing… Oh, you know what, forget it. What did you want to tell me?” The Prince asked.

Minho stepped in and closed the door behind him.

“I just wanted to ask whether you found out something new. Our time is running out.” He said worriedly.

“No we couldn’t,” said Jonghyun.

“No one noticed something unusual on that day,” Kibum added.

“So it was a waste of time again? This is so frustrating.” Minho sighed.

“Not really,” Key said.

“What do you mean?” Minho asked while Jonghyun looked at Kibum with curious eyes.

“Well, look. It is not what people noticed, but what they didn’t. They all said that the day was absolutely normal and there was nothing odd.” Key explained.

“I don’t understand how this is going to help us,” Jonghyun said, confused.

“It does help us since at least we can be sure that the killer wasn’t a stranger or someone from the outside because if it was so, somebody would have realized it. That means we’re looking for a pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter