{ Broken }

❝ A Somewhat Different Fairy Tale ❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ Broken }

“That stupid of a prince said what?” Kibum yelled in anger as the guard told him he was not allowed to enter the castle, because of the tighter safety measure since they princess was kidnapped and Jonghyun’s statement that they were no longer engaged wasn’t helping at all.

“Tell him I can prove Onew’s innocence, so he better gets his lazy over here or I’ll hunt him in his dreams.” The boy said. He was so mad at the silly prince right now. He was gone for only two days and Jjong had dumped him as if he wasn’t worth anything. He had really trusted that boy too much. But who could he blame if not himself?

“Everything that has to do with that case will have to wait until we find the princess. Now go away or I’ll have to arrest you.” The guard said, causing Kibum’s hands to clench in frustration.

“No, YOU step aside and let me in or I’ll have to hurt you,” threatened Key with a dangerously low voice.

“It’s your own fault then,” said the guard, grabbing for his sword.

To his surprise, the only thing he could see - before landing on the ground with his own sword being pointed at his own self - was how Kibum rolled his eyes and murmured ‘stupid man’.

Little did he know that the skinny and fragile-looking boy in front of him was the only son of the Supreme Commander of the royal army and had spent every summer at the border, training fencing. The boy gave him a death glance that sent a cold rush through his body. As Key made a step back and took a defensive stance, the guard noticed his reinforcement was there and breathed out in relief.

At the sight of the muscular men running at him, Kibum tightened his grip on the sword and fire was in his eyes. Yet, before the fight started, it was already interrupted.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you. You can never beat him, not in this life,” said a tall boy, walking towards them slowly.

“General Choi,” exclaimed the men. “This boy wanted to enter the castle without permission and he attacked one of our men.”

“Minho, where the hell is Jonghyun?” Key questioned impatiently.

“He is in his chamber. Let me take you there,” answered Minho before leading the way, leaving the confusing guards behind.

“But General Choi,” they called.

“He is my friend and as I can see, you attacked him first, so don’t act like he is the guilty one here.” Minho calmly said, ignoring them.

As they walked through the hallway to Jonghyun’s bedroom, Key asked shyly.

“You are not going to tell Jonghyun about what you saw, are you?”

“Why? You don’t want him to be afraid of you?” Minho laughed.

“Haha, very funny” answered Key with sarcasm, shaking his head.

“You know Jonghyun has always been the stronger one of us and I’m not sure what he’d think if he knows I’m not the fragile Bummie who needs to be protected anymore?”

“Alright, I understand. But you have to show me how you did that trick with the sword,” replied Minho, only to get a death glance from Key.

“Are you threatening me, General Choi?” Key said through clenched teeth, causing Minho to freeze in fear.

“I… I mean… my dear… dear Key; can you please show me the trick?” smiled Minho awkwardly.

“It’s not a trick. It’s years and years of training and you can ask Taemin to show you that. You guys are friends, I heard.”

Minho blushed at Taemin’s name before realizing what Kibum just said.

“What? Taemin knows how to fight?” He asked loudly in shock, trying his best not to sound like he was yelling at Key.

“Oh please, do you think I spent every summer at the border alone. I mean Taemin is also my dad’s son.”

By that Minho widened his big eyes in shock.

“But… But last week, when I showed him how to… oh damn, that was why he learned so fast. Oh god, I taught a master of fencing how to hold a sword.” The boy murmured to himself.

“Did you say something?” asked Key, narrowed his eyes.

“NO, did you say something?”

“You are so weird today. Anyway, we’re here. I want to talk to Jonghyun in private. Is that alright?”

“Of course,” replied Minho. “Oh and Key?”

“Huh?”

“How good is Taemin at fencing?” Minho asked awkwardly.

Key only smiled, shaking his head at the hopeless boy.

“He had avoided me for years, so we hadn’t practiced together so often. But father said none of his men could beat Taemin.”

And with that Kibum opened the door to Jonghyun’s chamber, going in without noticing Minho’s face turning pale because of his answer.

“Where is he?” Key asked himself as he saw the empty bed.

Then, before he could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter