Fall in Love

Love Story

Sooyoung passed by the park and decided to sit on the swings out of boredom. From the corner of her eye, she sees a group of high school girls. She looked at them with interest. Now that she's paying attention, she noticed a beautiful girl, unlike the other girls around her. She sets off an aura, the kind where you'd want to pay attention to her. Sooyoung smiled to herself and thought how cute she was. The girl then walked towards the monkey bars and starts to climb it. She went upside down, her legs keeping her up.

"See, told ya I can do it," the girl said effortly. Sooyoung can see that she was trying hard to keep herself from falling. Then, Sooyoung noticed that her foot was slipping. In a second, the girl was in midair, falling. Without thinking, Sooyoung ran to her and caught her on both arms, like how a prince would to a princess.

"A-are you alright?..." Sooyoung asked and thought at the same time, Man, she's heavy.

The girl looked at Sooyoung, relieved, "T-thank you."

"You're..." Sooyoung put her down, afraid she might drop her. "Welcome."

"Yuri, are you ok?" the girl's friends approached her with a worried look.

"I'm fine," the girl, Yuri smiled at them reassuringly. Then she turned to Sooyoung, "Thank you very much. If it weren't for you, I probably would've broken a bone."

"You're exaggerating," Sooyoung scratched her head with embarrassment.

And with that, Yuri and her friends left, leaving Sooyoung dreaming of meeting her again.

Since then, Sooyoung has been coming to the park, hoping to see Yuri and her friends and maybe talk to her again, but so far, there's been no luck. For some reason, Sooyoung can't get her out of her head. There's something about her that keeps Sooyoung from leaving her alone. Day and night, day and night, Sooyoung waited, but she never came. She finally went back to her apartment and right when she was going to the second floor where her room is, she caught sight of Yuri going inside a room.

Don't tell me... she lives next to door... from me?! Sooyoung stood in front of Yuri's door. S-should I knock? But what would I say? She might think I'm weird.

Then, Yuri came out of her room. She stopped when she saw Sooyoung, "It's you. May I help you?"

"Uh.. um... I- I noticed, your room's next to mine. S-s-so I thought I'd stop by and say..hi."

Yuri giggled, "You don't have to be so nervous. I won't bite you."

"Y-yeah," Sooyoung laughed awkwardly. "M-maybe we coul-" Sooyoung bit her tounge accidentally and tried not to show pain. She covered , "M-maybe we could ha-" She bit it again. Sooyoung started to sweat and while she's trying to ask her to hang out with her, Yuri was giggling.

"Maybe we could hang out sometime," Yuri said, smiling at her.

"Yes! That's what I meant to say. T-tomorrow then!"

"Sure. See you tomorrow," Yuri slowly closed her door. Then. Sooyoung jumped for joy, "YAY!"

From inside her room, Yuri could hear Sooyoung yelling. She softly laughed to herself, "Strange..."

The Next Day...

Sooyoung took a deep breath. She woke up early in the morning to make sure she was prepared. Now, she stood in front of Yuri's door, smiling with happiness. She knocked on the door.

......No answer.

She knocked again.

......Still no answer.

Is she not home? No, she said we'd hang out. Maybe she's asleep. Sooyoung turned the doorknob, "Ah, it's open." She slowly went inside, closing the door behind her. She tiptoed across the living room and into her room. "She's not here." Then, as she turned around, Yuri stood there, dripping wet with only a towel around her.

They shouted in surprised. Sooyoung staggered backwards, "W-w-w-what are you doing here?!"

"This is my room, what are you doing here?!" Yuri held onto her towel, making sure it won't fall.

"O-oh yeah. I'll get out," Sooyoung went for the door, but the tiny puddle of water on the floor made her slip, causing her to push Yuri down with her. When, Sooyoung slowly opened her eyes, she found herself on top of Yuri. "I-I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"No, it's alright. It was my fault. Um..." Yuri looked away, blushing.

"Huh?" Sooyoung looked at her, confused.

"Y-you're hand..."

Sooyoung looked at her hand...it was on top of Yuri's . Sooyoung stood up and backed away, turning red, "I-I-I-I-I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to you! It was an accident, I swear!"

Yuri sat up, still blushing, "I-It's alright. Please, don't mind it."

"I'll... I'll go now!" Sooyoung ran out of the apartment in a panic. She sank to the floor, "I'm ruined. That was embarrassing. She must think I'm really weird..."

Yuri stood up and smiled. She changed into her regular clothes and went out. She looked at Sooyoung, who was sitting in front of her apartment door. She slowly approached her, "Hey."

Sooyoung looked up. Seeing it was Yuri, she quickly stood up, "I'm really really REALLY sorry about that."

"I told you, it's alright. You don't have to keep on apologizing. Anyways, are we going or not?"

"You... You still want to hang out with me?" Sooyoung slowly asked.

"Why wouldn't I?" Yuri raised an eyebrow.

"Well.. after all that. I thought you'd definitely think I'm weird," Sooyoung looked down.

"I do think you're weird, but that doesn't mean I don't wanna hang out with you," Yuri smiled as Sooyoung looked up.

"And besides," Yuri leaned in closer to her face. "I've got a feeling that we'll get along just fine."

Sooyoung slightly blushed.

"By the way, you never told me your name."

Sooyoung smiled, "It's Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung."

"I'm Kwon Yuri," she shook her hand.

Sooyoung thought, I've got a feeling too... that someday, we'd fall in love.