No Better Than Strangers

No Better Than Strangers

tumblr_mdtn5pc0tb1rtagb6o1_250.gif

Gif not mine. Credits to owner.

 


 

"How was your day?" 

Daehyun skimmed through the magazine, not looking up at the person who talked to him, "Fine."

She nodded in agreement, heading back up the stairs, trying to get changed into something more comfortable.

Daehyun closed his magazine and threw it on the seat next to him on the couch, looking up at the stairs.

He didn't know when it started to happen, but everything seemed to be going down the drain.

He knew they were both busy and tired of each other, but he didn't want to end it, nor did she.

"What do you want for dinner today?" 

He looked at her putting up her hair to a pony tail, walking towards the kitchen.

"Anything." 

"Nothing you want to eat today?" She questioned, leaning over the sink to get some plates out.

She was tall, but she wasn't that tall. 

Daehyun dragged his feet towards the tile floor of the kitchen, leaning behind her. He held onto her shoulders and grabbed the plate over and handed it over.

Daehyun still felt the little butterflies in his stomach whenever he was close to her, but he still didn't feel it like he did before.

"I'm fine with anything. I don't have a specific food I want to eat." Daehyun flatly answered.

She nodded, "I guess I'll just make you some rice and stirred beef. Is that alright with you?" 

Daehyun was about to smile at her, for at least making food for his jerk boyfriend, until he got a call.

He looked over at the caller-id before making eye contact with his girlfriend. He gently unlocked his phone and answered.

"Hello?" 

Daehyun heard the female's voice on the other line, "Oppa, what are you doing right now?" 

"I'm with my girlfriend." 

His girlfriend frowned, fiddling her fingers. 

Daehyun heard the female on the other line scoffing, "Oppa, when are you going to leave her? Anyways, I'm having a party with some of my friends, I was wondering if you wanted to come. You know, if you didn't eat dinner and all yet." 

Daehyun looked up, "Dinner?" 

His girlfriend looked down, "I guess I'll just order Chinese Take-out." She mumbled, "Have fun." She whispered, grabbing his coat from the couch, "Don't come in late, now." 

Daehyun grabbed his coat, as she made it upstairs. The door was slammed quietly. This time, Daehyun couldn't stop looking.

"Oppa, are you coming or not?" 

Daehyun gently dropped his coat on the couch, "I don't think so." 

With that, he hung up the phone. He looked back upstairs before taking his seat back on the couch, flipping over magazines.

`

"You didn't leave?" 

"Nah, I think I'm just going to stay home." He continued, "So what's it going to be? Take out or stir fry?" 

She shrugged, "I don't know. I wasn't going to eat if you weren't eating here." 

"Why?" 

He the television as he went through the channels.

"I don't know. I don't have an appetite these days." 

He lowered the volume a little bit, "I'm hungry." 

She nodded, "I'll get you Chinese Take-out, hold on a minute, alright? I have to call them." 

She headed towards him, trying to grab the land-line on the table next to him, as he stopped her, "I want stir fry." 

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Are you sure?" 

He nodded, "I want something you made me." 

`

His chopstick made it over to the stir fry she made, as he put in his mouth.

It was the same taste as before, but this time, he felt as if it was just dry, and just ordinary.

He didn't know since when he felt like everything was just annoying and tiring, but he just did.

It wasn't her fault that everything was going down, but sometimes, he questions if it was his fault.

Maybe it was, maybe not. He probably wouldn't know still.

He thought he knew what he was doing as his relationship started to fall, but now, he just doesn't know.

He also noticed she wasn't eating. She was deep in thought and she wasn't even looking at him. 

She was looking at the table, her feet up on the chair, as she hugged her knees.

She didn't take a bite, or drank her water.

"What's wrong with you?" 

She was still out of daze, as she didn't hear what he said.

He knew that wasn't out of the ordinary, since Daehyun never asked her what was wrong.

Whenever she was in a bad mood, he didn't like asking her about it. He thought it was so painful and annoying.

She wasn't the only one in deep thought, so why does he have to ask her all the time?

"I asked you, what's wrong." 

She looked up, to meet with Daehyun's poker face, "Nothing." 

Daehyun smirked, "You've been out of it for a while. What's wrong?" 

She blinked a couple of times, "Did you ask me what was wrong?" 

He stopped eating as he looked up. She just stared back, wondering if the things she heard was correct.

Daehyun swallowed, "Yeah." 

She gave him the saddest smile he ever saw. After seeing that, and hearing the words out of , he knew he regretted asking her that question.

"I was thinking about us." 

Daehyun smirked, "What's there to think about?" 

She rubbed her arm, "Our feelings." 

He put down the chopsticks, "If you're going to talk about something serious, I don't want to hear it." 

"I think you want to." 

He pushed the chair back, making a sound. Daehyun stood up, "I'm done. Thank you for dinner." 

As Daehyun faced his back towards her, she began to continue.

"I think I've found a new man." 

Daehyun's eyes widened. Did he just hear what he thought he heard? Did she find a new man? 

He turned around, "A new man?" 

She nodded, "Yeah. He's one of my co-workers. He's really nice, funny, and is a gentlemen." 

Daehyun laughed, "Yeah? What does he have that I don't have?" 

She looked straight into his eyes, "He listens to me." 

He felt a huge pang in his chest as she said those words. He knew those words were right. Daehyun never listened. But another man? That's just going way too far.

"Are you cheating?" 

She stood up, "I don't know if it's counted as cheating. We no longer have feelings for each other, right?" 

He walked up to her, "What is that supposed to mean?" 

"I'm saying; You and I no longer like each other. Us? Us has been gone long time ago. We're just two strangers, living in the same house, apparently going out. You like me? Your feelings disappeared long time ago. Me liking you? I'm sick and tired of that." 

"Who is this man?" 

She smiled, "Do Kyungsoo." 

Daehyun knew this Kyungsoo guy. He was the same age as him and he was a nice guy. He listens to people and is very generous. He's very intelligent and a hard worker. Of course all the girls would fall for him. He never knew his girl would be one of them.

"And?" 

"And what?" 

"Are you asking to break up?" 

She fiddled her fingers, "I don't know, do you want to?" 

That was a tough question.

Daehyun thought about it for a while. To be honest, he knew both of them didn't want to break it off with each other. All those memories they shared, all those lovely moments they had together, it'd be a waste to just leave it all behind.

Besides, he still loved her. He knew it was stupid, but he did like her, and he still does. Of course sometimes he would want to find other girls, but she was still his number one. She was the first girl he truly ever loved.

"I don't." 

She looked down, "Oh."

"Do you?" 

Now, it was her turn to think.

Of course to her, he was her first boyfriend.

All those memories, those fun times, those up and downs, even though she cried most of the time, she couldn't forget it. She knew one day, they would both look back and laugh about everything and promise to leave each other forever, but was forever today? 

She knew that she loved him. He was everything to her, but now, was he? 

He doesn't talk to her, doesn't ask about her day, nor tries to comfort her when she's in pain.

Does she really need a guy like that in her life? 

Yes. 

I mean, he has been there for her, since forever.

"Kind of." 

He felt like something stabbed him right there and then. Did she really say, "Kind of?" His head was feeling dizzy. 

"Does Kyungsoo like you back?"

She nodded, "He said he'll cherish me. He said he'll listen." 

Daehyun smirked, "I said that too." 

"But you didn't keep that promise, did you?" 

Daehyun bitterly smiled, "I'm not okay, right now." He looked up, "As much as I want to end it as well, I can't." 

She tugged on her hair.

"Why?" 

"I don't need to give you a reason, because you're afraid to let me go as well." 

She was speechless. She was silent. Everything he said, was true.

"As much as I want to get over you, and leave you to Kyungsoo, I can't. Because even though I have no feelings for you, I still love you." 

She her lips, as the dryness was getting to her.

She looked over at Daehyun, her first and thought it was her last love. 

"I can't go on like this." 

Daehyun shook his head, "No, no. You're being confused right now. You can't leave me, either."

"I can't. But I'm not going to die." 

Daehyun awkwardly looked away.

"As much as I love you, even though I break up with you, I'm not going to die. Neither will you." 

Daehyun tried to walk towards her, but she took a step back.

"You and I both know one day, we're going to get sick of this again. It'll be the same cycle." 

"I'll change." 

She shook her head in disappiontment, "As much as I want to believe you, we both know, we're no better than strangers." 

`

How was it? I thought it wasn't that good. I HOPE PEOPLE DON'T DISLIKE MY FANFICS NOW. D; 3