Detentions and His Reasons

A Calm Version of Baozi?

I looked at the covered white backyard of the school through the window. I sighed, "When the hell the bell will ri-"

Just like God answered my prayers. I stood up slamming my hands on the table, "I'm going to the you-know-where, Baekhyun! I'll see you at the canteen later, okay?" Baekhyun was just opening his mouth to answer when I ran for my life to the nearby restroom. I was the first one to pass through the empty corridor that every class' doors that I passed by were still closed.

Curse that math teacher of mine, he didn't let me go to the bathroom even I was in the verge of peeing in the class since it was winter and the class was freaking cold like Alaska. I sighed and slammed the bathroom door open. Oh hi, Soojung.

"SOOJUNG!!! Not surprising you're here though," she was about to answer when I cut her, "I'm in hurry okay talk to you later." I could see her rolling her eyes, oh typical Jung Soojung.

I let out a sigh of relief once I was inside the cubicle. "Soojung-ah, what brings you here in the break time? Oh, nevermind. You always do that. Are you on your period or something?" Even we were separated by the wall, I bet she was rolling her eyes, again, and pouting her lips.

"Oh, please. You know WHAT the reason and WHO makes me and WHY I'm here," she scoffed. I flushed the toilet once I was done and opened the door with my bright smile. I approached her, "Aww, don't pout, Soojung-ah. Tell me, tell me." I said as I slung my arm around her tiny figure and went outside the restroom.

She sighed and frowned, what a familiar sight. "I didn't pass math," she said shortly. "How come? You studied the night before, right?" I asked her in disbelief. She might be not that smart but she was ridiculously diligent. I couldn't help but wonder. Could it be-

She stopped abruptly and her eyes were flaming, "IT'S BECAUSE OF THEM! I couldn't concentrate on that test even I had stayed up late the night before to study. It's one of my favorite subjects, you know that right? I was counting on that exam that I thought I could at least got 80. But what do I get? A sad emoticon besides the embarassing score with a note from Mr. Park sounds like 'you dissapoint me, Ms. Jung :('. It's just... it's not fair." I shivered when I heard her saying the last part. Mr. Park, seriously? That strictest math teacher in my high school history?

"Ew... Mr. Park is just-" I got cut with her glare, "Okay... okay... Look, here. I'm sorry to hear that, Soojung-ah. I don't know if they're that noisy." She rolled her eyes, "Just take my place for an hour, I bet you would feel the same." I chuckled and we walked again to the canteen, "I get it, I get it. Was he one of them?"

She choked on her own saliva and looked at me with an are-you-kidding-me expression. "Sheez, I was just wondering, okay?" I grinned at her and led her to the canteen again.

Just... To be stopped by the announcement.

"Attention to all of the students..."

I rolled my eyes and sighed as I heard Soojung snickered from my side, "Speaking of the devil. Well then, goodluck, dude. Will wait you at our table!" She waved happily and dissapeared behind the pillar. I was frowning while hearing my name being called twice- oh, thrice, by the announcer. 

 

"............. please immediately come to the teachers' office. Thank you."

I huffed as I made a U-turn on my heels and walked to the familiar looking office room. I twisted the knob open and sat down on one of the couches, waiting for the secretary to let me in that principal office. Looking down, I fiddled my faded blue sneakers as my mind wondered to that one trouble maker. What is it this time? What's the damage this time? What... did HE exactly do this time? Why-

My mind stopped writing down the list of questions when the secretary called me with her soft smile, "You may come in now," she said. I nodded and made my way there to be greeted by the back view of her majesty's comfy office chair. The secretary gave me a pat on my shoulder before left the room. 

"Good morning, Mrs. Song. I'm here," I said slowly. I was used to this kind of situation that I should had not feeling nervous at all, but I didn't know why that time I was being... anxious?

"Oh, you're here, Ms. Han," she turned the big chair and faced me with her stern face, "you know the reason why I called you, right?"

I blinked at her. Actually, I know nothing since I've been hearing no loud voice of broken chairs or shattered window or yelling teachers. Basically, today is quite... peaceful?

I shook my head, "What's wrong, Mrs. Song?" She sighed and looked down. Behind that stern expression, I could see her stressed face. I bit my lip, for God's sake, what have you done?

"It's no other than him. Okay," she inhaled and massaged her temple, "I've been monitoring every single kid since they entered this high school since I know, our school is on the top three of the best high schools here. To be a student here is not easy. You know how hard the test is, right?" I nodded and let her continue, "Then that's why, I want my students to get the best education-"

There, my stomach grumbled.

I widened my eyes as I stood up and bowed to her several times, "I- I'm so sorry, Mrs. Song. I-" She sighed and motioned me to sit. I blushed and sat down again slowly. This is so embarassing. "Since your hunger is at its limit, I'll just tell you the point here." I guess my stomach did a great job considering I was THAT hungry? Hehe.

"Can you please, tame him even just for a bit? Please?" She said, pleading. I blinked at her, tame him? What is he, an animal or something?

"Excuse me, but-" She looked down, "I know, I shouldn't phrase it in with such harsh word. Pardon me," she cleared . I waved my hands and grinned sheepishly, "No, Mrs. Song, I wasn't complaining because truthfully, you phrased it right," I rolled my eyes, "but if you mind telling me, what's his fault this time? Why you sounded like... you were pleading at me, Mrs. Song?"

It was silent before she spoke again, "His scores are going down, badly. Not to mention the numerous detentions that he had. I'm afraid if he continues being like this, he won't be able to... stay here as a student."

My eyes widened and my mouth gaped open. Not staying here as a student as in... he's expelled?

She nodded, "In other way, yes." I blinked, "I thought I said that in my mind," I mumbled before straightened up, "anyway, Mrs. Song, is there nothing you can do to prevent that thing to happen? I mean, you're the principal and you're his aunt afterall..."

"Sadly I can't. I've been leading this school for years, Ms. Han. I don't have the authority to do something like that and I'm a professional teacher. Even if he's my own nephew, I don't have the right to make him stay when he's not supossed to," she sighed. I felt bad for her. "They what can I do? Why did you call me in the first place? You know he-"

She shook her head, "He listens to you the most, dear. That's why I need your help. Please, talk to him." I stared at her, "But don't blame me if I don't make it, okay?" She just laughed in return.

 

 

 

"Fine then," I sighed, "I'll try..."


I buried my face on the table, "OOOOTTOKHAE-" "What should I dooooo~~~" 

My ears perked up at that voice and without looking up, I reached for a french fries and threw it. Therefore, I heard a gasp.  

"For God's sake Baekhyun, you're not helping her, at all." I heard Soojung scolded him. I looked up with an exasperated face. He grinned before scooting closer to me and slung an arm around me, "Aigoo, what's with that face? Come on, it can't be that seriou-" "IT CAN BE! It is serious, Baekhyun. Now what should I do?" I brought my palms to my face, "What do I have to do..."

Baekhyun bit his lip and looked at Soojung who just shrugged her shoulders. He cleared his throat, "Look, here," he removed my palms off my face,  "talk to him again." I was about to protest when he spoke again, "But this time, you can't go without any result. Okay?" 

I sighed, "He won't listen, guys. You know how many times I've tried, right? It's just gonna be the same all over again. He's that thick headed person." They looked at each other uneasily. How noisy the canteen was couldn't break the heavy athmosphere around us.

Suddenly, the two heads around me shot up at the loud banging along with loud chortles from the middle of the canteen. I didn't need to look up because I knew, it was no other than-

"KIM MINSEOK!"

I glanced at the commotion: scattered foods, boiling mad canteen ahjumma, and lastly, the grinning puffy boy. My dear puffy boy. I sighed and stood up. "Goodluck," I heard Baekhyun and Soojung slightly said. I nodded at them and approached his laughing friends. I cleared my throat and they turned their attention to me. "Oh, hi!" They greeted me cheerfuly. I smiled and walked closer to them. Lu Han immediately slung his arm around me, knowing my stern expression because of his bestfriend. "Uhm, you want some drink? Or food? Want me to treat you?" He bombarded me with questions, trying to distract me from the center of attention at that moment. I shot him a look and he gulped, slowly moving further from me, "O- okay... We were, you know, joking around and he accidently dropped his tray and... well..." He grinned and I sighed, "Okay, thank you, Lu Han." He smiled, "No problem!" Then he dashed away with the others. Leaving me with... this creature.

"I just- uhm, Minseok. I know you're rich and all but you can't just keep on breaking my plates! And those foods. Oh God, there are many people out there who can't eat even a single rice and here you are, wasting them without any regret on your face," ahjumma said out loud. "Ahjumma, I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to do that! Besides, I'll pay for the damage. I will-" I walked to his front and bowed to the ahjumma, "I'm sorry ahjumma. Please forgive him for his behaviour." Ahjumma was taken aback, "De- dear, it's not your fault. You don't need to-" I looked up and saw him just stood there, blinking at me, "Bow, stupid!" I hissed at him. He blinked several times before followed me, "Y- yes, ahjumma. Please forgive me. I promise this will be the last time... for this month," he mumbled the last part slowly that the ahjumma couldn't hear him but I did. I shot him a look that he just returned with his annoying grin.

Ahjumma sighed and finally let both of us go, just after he cleaned up his mess. I continued eating my food with Baekhyun, Soojung, and his friends. Like we usually do. "Ah... cleaning is sooooo tiring. I think I won't be able to walk home later. Water... I need water..." I looked to the lifeless figure beside me who was reaching for any water bottle from everyone. "Not mine, " Soojung scoffed and took away her drink. He pouted and turned to the others and still, got the same response. I sighed again, "Drink mine." He brightened up, "YEAY! You're the best!" He happily emptied my half full bottle.

"How's your Math?" I asked him who was stuffing Kris' food into his mouth. "Uhm," he chewed, "Wowse than yous, but of couse better than Oojung." I could feel Soojung's burning stare at him. "Don't talk when you're eating," I said to him. He grinned and swallowed down his food, "Well, you asked me. Anyway, I heard the announcement earlier. What did the old woman want this time?" He asked as he begged Yixing for his food. I went silent and stared at him. He was that careless, huh?

He realized everyone looked at the both of us oddly. Apparently, Baekhyun and Soojung had told them about the problem when we weren't there. He titled his head to see me, "What's wrong?" I tore away my eyes from him and stood up, "We need to talk," I said without looking at him. He was confused, "You haven't finished your food..." He looked at the food sadly then looked at me again, "Let me finish it first, okay?" He smiled and started digging my food.

Unbelievable. "Kim Minseok. You j- just... chose food over... ME?!" I shrieked, mouth gaping open. He looked at me innocently and nodded, "Mmhm. Wait, okay?" The others began to laugh wildly and Soojung just shook her head and patted me on my shoulder. I slumped back to my seat after the fail drama, "Finish it fast." He put his thumb up without looking at me. 

See? It's gonna be... epic hard.


"So," he slurped his hot chocolate, "what did you want to talk about, hm?"

We were at the rooftop. Pardon the cheesiness, but we were at our rooftop. There had been so many things happened at that place in our 2 years relationship. The place where I found him being beaten up badly by our seniors, where we started eating lunch together, where we celebrated his first goal in his first soccer game, where he declared he finally made friends, and where he confessed his feelings for me. Greasy as hell but that place really had a thing for both of us. 

"It's Mrs. Song, she called me back then," I said, brushing his brown soft bangs away from his face. He playfully flicked my forehead, "I know, silly. I asked you in at the canteen earlier." I smacked his hand and furrowed my eyebrows, "Xiumin, please." He blinked at me, knowing I was not in the mood at that time. He put his hand back to his side, "Okay, okay... Sheez, someone's on her period today." He mumbled the the last part slowly, thinking I couldn't hear him. I narrowed my eyes at him and he was taken aback, "Okay, I'm sorry," he sighed. "I'm sorry." He said again, sincerely. I looked down at him, "I haven't even told you what's your fault this time, why are you apologizing?"

It was silent before he grinned at me, "I don't know. I just feel like I've been being a burden for you lately. No, not lately. Always. So I better apologize as many as I can."

I stared at his innocent face. His puffy cheeks, his gummy smile, his single eyelid-ed eyes, his thick eyebrows. At the first glance, people wouldn't believe that he was actually the kingka of the school, moreover, the trouble maker of the school. Too bad, I chose to say 'yes' 2 years ago. Therefore, he had become the one who kept me being called to the principal office because if it was him who was called, he wouldn't bother to come. 

I poked his cheek, "Minseok-ah," I slowly called him as I lowered my gaze to look at him laying on my lap, "what happened to... what happened to the 2-years-ago-you?" I stared at him, slowly replacing his grin into a thin line. Man, he didn't like this. "Where did the A-straight Minseok go? What's wrong with the beaten up boy that I found 2 years ago here?" I stopped before spoke again, "Who are you now?"

He looked away from me, "I don't like drama. You know that. So why don't we change the subject, hm? How about... uhm, have you tried the new bubble tea shop called... 'Mabel Tea House'? Sehun and Lu Han said their bubble tea tastes great. Do you want to try it afterschool? I'll treat you. And how about-" I put both my hands on his cheeks to make him look at me, "Minseok-ah. You know neither do I like drama. We always be the ones who know nothing about nowadays' dramas, right?"

He sighed and took my hands away from his cheeks, "Treat me buns if I guess it right, okay?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him, questioning. He started to speak, "My grades. Auntie said about my miserable grades." He looked at me in the eyes, "Am I right?"

My mouth gaped open as I understood what he meant. I chuckled, rolling my eyes at him. "Fine. My wallet is now yours then," I pouted and he laughed. "I'm just kidding," he poked my belly then blinking at me with his puppy eyes, "but please buy me one- no, two, will you?" I sighed before found myself smiling at him, "Yes, Minseok. Yes." He pumped his fist, "YEAH! I love you to the moon and back." He gave me his usual grin but I knew, he meant it. I rolled my eyes, "Psh, you only love me when I buy you foods, or drinks, or... foods..." He just laughed in return.

Then it was silent. None of us talked. We just enjoyed the cold breeze passed our bodies, with him lying on my lap and I kept on caressing his hair. Even we had already worn thick jackets, still, the wind made us shivered from the chill. I cleared my throat, "You know... Recess doesn't last forever..." I mumbled slowly. I titled my head when I heard him chuckling. "What?" I asked. He shook his head and pinched my cheek, "Nothing." 

After a pause, he asked again, "Do I really have to answer your questions?" I looked at him, confused. "Those questions..." He titled his head to look back at me, chuckling, "I guess it's a must, huh?" I just stayed silent hearing him. He avoided my gaze, "I thought you would like it better that way." I furrowed my eyebrows, what is he talking about?

He bit his lip, looking down, "I- uh, the A-straight Minseok, or the beaten up boy, or let's just say the Minseok 2 years ago," he took a deep breath, "is no longer here." "Huh?" "I've buried him a long time ago in my backyard."

 

 

 

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Xiumin." He titled his head to grin at me, "Just kidding." 

I whined, "Kim Minseooooooook!" "Yeeeees?" I narrowed my eyes at him, "Can you, please, be more serious?" He laughed then tugged the end of my jacket, "Okay, okay. I'm sorry." He cleared his throat then his face expression changed. He looked away from me, "Like I said, I thought you would like it better that way." I was about to ask when he cut me, "Me. Being like this. Being all noisy and become the person that the entire school knows. I thought-" "Who said I would like you better that way?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows at him. The hell, Minseok?

He slowly looked back at me, softly, "You said that yourself, here, two years ago." "Huh...?"

"Don't you feel bored, talking just to me everyday? I mean, there are more than 200 people in this school," I asked nonchalantly. We were spending our lunch time in one spring day at the rooftop. He put the bun he was eating to its place then titled his head to see me. I didn't see his expression changed, "Yo- you mean you don't want to talk to me... again?" I choked on my vanilla milkshake and turned to him, "NO! Oh my God, Minseok, you got me wrong. I mean, it would be better if you at least try... to make friends, you know?"

He stayed silent. I was busy slurping my almost empty glass of milkshake that I was unaware that he was staring at me. "Should I really make new friends?" He mumbled to himself. He turned to his only one bun in his lunch box again, "But how to?" He was about to ask when the bell rang. I stood up, bringing my empty glass with me. I sighed, "Math is waiting for us. Come on, Minseok-ah!"

Back in the present time, my mouth gaped open as the sudden flashback played. I managed to calm myself before shot him a look, "Still, you got me wrong, Minseok." Then it was his turn to be confused, "What do you mean?" I smiled at him, "You didn't remember what I said at that time before we entered the class, did you?" He blinked at me, trying to remember my point there. His looked up as he thought hard what I meant. He tapped his chin and his forehead wrinkled. I really had the urge to squish his face because the fluffiness but I just had to be serious... well, not that serious. I just stayed silent, waiting for him patiently while he was mumbling the chronology of that day. After a pause, his mouth gaped open and I raised an eyebrow, "Remember now?" He slowly nodded and his face showed guilt.

"Hey," I poked his cheeks and he looked up to see me, "so it's been more than a year since you got many friends, right?" He nodded again, not leaving my eyes. "So you've been feeling the comfort of being surrounded by many friends, right?" He nodded again and I finally looked down to see him again, with a glimpse of fear showing in his eyes. I chuckled, "No, Minseok. I'm not telling you to not befriend with them, no." He looked surprised and sighed in relief. I smiled at the view, babo. I spoke again, "What I'm telling you here, no matter how much fun you have with your friends, with our friends, you should know your limit. You must know the boundaries. Your scores, for example. You were the most diligent student, right? A-straight, well if I'm not mistaken, one A- but still..." I could see he smiled a bit from the memory. It was even hard then to see him pass one exam. 

I spoke again, "Moreover, you seem really don't care about people around you, except your own friends." He stayed silent, thinking what I just said to him.

"Soojung-" He looked up fast with wide eyes, "Soojung is my friend!" I caressed his hair, "I know. But look, Soojung is your own friend but you keep on annoy him. Like on the last Math test. Everyone knows how in love Soojung with Math that she refused to go out to celebrate Jongin's birthday just to study Math at home before the test. Yet, she failed. And I bet you know what's the reason behind her failure." He absorbed what I just said and he looked like he really regretted being like that. "Soojung... is just one example, Minseok-ah. I don't know about your other classmates... or other people."

"Look here," I said, cupping both his cheeks to look at me. He frowned. I smiled then I tugged the end of his lips up so then a forced smile plastered on his face, "There, smile, my baozi." Once I let go my hands from his face, his frown came back. I whined, "Oh, come on. Why you become this gloomy?" He just stayed silent, still frowning. I smiled, "Are you mad at me?" He shook his head. "Are you mad at Soojung then?" He shook his head again. "Then why?" After a pause, he sighed, "I just... I feel..." "Guilty?" He nodded his head. It was kinda rare to see a troubled face of Minseok. Well, you might have seen it a lot if it was two years ago. But now...

"Don't be stressed about it," I touched the space between his forehead. "What should I do now?" he asked me. I caressed his hair once again before looked up to the snow that was falling, "I'll help you. What you need to do, is just listen to me. Unlike the other days I talk to you about this. This time, you better listen to me or else-" "Or else?" I smiled smugly, "No buns for a month." He instantly seated up leaving my lap and looked at me in horror, "WHAT?!"


A month had already passed since that emotional talk with Minseok.

 

 

What? It was emotional, right?

Anyway, ever since that day, he actually improved. He had been doing great in his study. I guess he really had the brain so it wasn't that hard to get back on his feet again. His auntie seemed satisfied and she had been giving me a smile everytime we passed by and it though it was kinda creepy to see her smiling oh so warmly, I was more than glad. His friends were surprised to see him refusing skipping school at first, but slowly, none of them dare to skip school anymore. Soojung slowly stopped giving them cold stares and cold shoulders, and she turned out helping her classmates in studying. Ah, what a happy ending, doesn't it?

Well, not really.

Someone yelled my name. I was busy stuffing my mouth with kimchi soup from someone's mom that I met earlier. "WHAT?!" I asked, annoyed. Suho looked surprised, "I- I was just..." I sighed, putting my spoon down. "What is it, Suho?" I asked him slowly. He regained himself and smiled so brightly, "The principal called you." I blinked at him. I heard nothing? "But the speakers..." He rubbed his neck sheepishly, "Yeah, I accidently poured my drink to the machine so... That's why she called me earlier. Then she told me to get you," he said. I sighed, too bad Suho got called because of his own fault but ME?! 

I stood up, "Hide this from Xiumin. If he got a tip of spoon of this soup... you'll be the one I hunt down, Kim Junmyeon." I said, walking away from him who was frozen there.

I knocked on the door and went in. The secretary immediately let me in and I sat down. She looked up from the paper she had been working on and gave me a look. I sighed, "What is it again, songsaengnim?" Then the door bursted open, revealing a baozi being dragged on the ear by the security ahjussi. 

"A- A- AAAAH, AHJUSSI! It hurts!" He frowned at the ahjussi and the ahjussi looked at him innocently before finally let go of him. He pouted and he looked around. His mouth gaped open, "Whoa, where am I?" Everyone was staring at him weirdly then he finally realized that he was in the principal's office, "Auntie...?" he squeaked. "Kim Minseok is here, as you asked," the security ahjussi said. Mrs. Song dismissed him and left the door closed. 

He blinked innocently and approached the empty seat besides me. He was about to sit down when he got stopped halfway, "Who allow you to sit, Mister?" I titled my head to see Mrs. Song looked at him sternly. I stifled a laugh. He looked up to see his aunt but then chose to ignore her and sat down comfortably. He rubbed his sore ear again, "What's wrong, gyojang seonsaengnim?" he asked her, smiling nicely. It took quite hard for Mrs. Song to control her anger before finally she burst out. This is a rare scene, you know?

She stood up, "YAH! KIM MINSEOK! HOW MANY TIMES I'VE TOLD YOU TO NOT BREAK ANOTHER WINDOW WITH YOUR SILLY FOOTBALL GAME WITH LU HAN AND NOT TO MAKE THE TEACHERS WALKS OUT BECAUSE OF YOUR ARGUMENTS WITH THEM?! WHAT-" "You've never told me directly," he mumbled slowly but I caught that, and unfortunately, Mrs. Song caught that too. I sighed and shook my head at him. Mrs. Song glared at him and he cringed, "Sheez, calm down, auntie." She widened her eyes, "HOW CAN I- Uh, okay..." she slowly sat down on her big chair again.

"Detention after school."

"WHAT?! Not again!"

"Eh, Mrs. Song, I think it's not that necessar-"

"SEE?! Your girlfriend is too nice for a guy like you."

"I know, she's awesome right?" 

"Still, detention after school."

"BUT MY GRADES ARE GREAT!"

"No more discussion."

"BUT-"

After a long negotiation and debate section between an aunt with her nephew, I finally went out from that office with a bun next to me, stretching his hands. "FINALLY! Seriously, that old woman..." I shot him a glare, "YAH! Didn't that 30 minutes seating with you being scolded mean nothing to you? God damn it, Kim Minseok." He blew a raspberry and looked away, "Another section of scolding~" Thanks to my great hearing instinct, I smacked his arm, "YAH!" He rubbed his arm in pain, "Ouch... Not to hard, will you?" I snorted and walked away.

He caught up with me, "You can't be mad at me." I glanced at him smiling innocently with his puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes, "Why can't I?" He held out his fingers, "I have 10 reasons. 1, because I'm your boyfriend." I scoffed, "Nonsense." He pouted, "Okay, 2, because I'm your cute boyfriend." I stopped in my path and looked at him, "Seriously?" He puffed out his cheeks, "Well?" I walked away again, "It's not even a reason, dude."

He sighed, "Okay, okay. 3, because I'm doing awesome with my study?" I stayed silent, trying so hard not to smile. He continued, "4, because I've apologized to those who are annoyed with my behaviour. 5, especially Soojung." I bit my lip to prevent myself from chuckling at his last two reasons. He seemed unaware with my changed expression, he kept on saying more reasons, "6, because I'm no longer skipping school. 7, because I've never been scolded with the canteen ahjumma again. 8, as you said, I'm being noisy just when the class is dismissed-" I raised an eyebrow for that one and he grinned sheepishly, "let me finish! 9, well, I'm still making chaos with Lulu and others but I'll surely be silent when the teacher warns me! Unlike the other days." We stopped in front of my class, "Well? The last reason?"

He stepped closer and gave me a quick peck on my cheek, "Because I know you've been hiding that smile on our way here and I've made conclusion for that one: because you love me." He grinned and left me, waving, "Bye! Study well!"

He skipped to his classroom that was just a door from mine. I touched my cheek that was still burning because of the sudden action he did. I rolled my eyes and entered the class where Baekhyun was busy flirting the new transferred student. I sat down on my chair at the back of the class, besides Baekhyun's. Looking out at the window, the spring made me remember that one particular memory about this one particular person.

"Why? What's wrong?" he asked. I stopped him from opening our classroom's door even I knew, the lesson had started. "What I said back then at the rooftop. I mean it. But still, I don't want you to change your habits into the bad ones. I don't want you to skip school and other things the opposite from what you've been doing now. My point here is, don't really change if it leads you nowhere good. I'll be glad to be your only friend if you decides not to make another. And the most important thing, do what makes you happy. Okay?"

He stood there, staring back at me. Slowly, a smile plastered in his face, "Okay..."

"Yah, why are you smiling creepily like that?" I felt a nudge on my arm from the flirty guy. I shook my head at him, "Why do you even bother?" He rolled his eyes, "Sheez, period." I scoffed and looked outside the window again.

I guess, even with still some detentions coming to him and teacher calls to me, at least now I'm facing the real Kim Minseok and,

he's happy.

Right?