Distractions.

Of Soccer Balls and Broken Noses

“Hey Lu?”


Kyungsoo, wide-eyed, peeks around the doorframe.


“Yes?” I glance up at him for a moment before getting back to scrubbing pans in the sink.
“You know what time it is, right?”


It takes a moment for his question to sink in. I pause, gloved hands clutching stiff metal; a sense of dread working it’s way through my body.


“I can’t see him like this.”
“He’s asking for you.”


The. .


“What do you mean he’s asking for me?” You gotta be ting me right now.
Kyungsoo waves a hand, “I mean he’s ing asking where you are, . What do you want me to tell him?”
“Tell him I’m not here, I mean, —no don’t tell him that. Tell him, tell him, tell him… .”


I run my fingers through my hair, sliding my palm down the back of my neck, only remembering I’m wearing saturated rubber gloves when the water drips off the plastic and down the back of my shirt.
With a shudder and a hearty groan for good measure, I yank the offensive yellow finger condoms off my hands, toss them in the sink and trudge toward the door.


“How do I look?”
“Like .”

Fantastic.

I step out behind the counter and let my eyes slowly rise to meet the shocked expression plastered on Kris Wu’s face.


“Hi.” I say, my voice croaking out like I smoke twenty packs a day.  


His shining brown eyes sweep over my entire body once, sending a shiver down my spine and he leans over the countertop, voice low and delicious.


“Jesus Christ, Luhan. What happened?” He clears his throat, seeming to catch himself, “I mean, , sorry. That didn’t come out right.”
“It’s okay.” I find myself smiling.


Kris straightens, smoothing his hand over his chin. I shift uncomfortably under his piercing gaze.


“Can I get you anything? The usual?” I ask, tilting my head slightly, hoping that the bruise covers my blush at the very least.
He his bottom lip between straight, white teeth, “Can I include a conversation with you in my order?”


I hear Kyungsoo snort from somewhere behind me.


“Yeah, yeah. That’s entirely possible.”

 


~

 


I’m twiddling my thumbs.


“So, you got hit in the face with a soccer ball.” Kris laces his fingers together and leans back in his chair.


We’re sitting in the plush armchairs by the windows, two lattes steaming away on the coffee table between us.


“Well, I guess it was harder than just getting hit, right?” Kris continues to talk, one thick eyebrow curving upward. I can’t stop staring at his face.
“Yeah, yes. I mean, look at me.” I waved my fingers around my nose, voice low.
“Did you find out who did it? They’re on the team, right?”


Sehun’s stupid blank face flashes across my mind and I exhale slowly through clenched teeth.


“Just some stupid kid. Sehun.” I shake my head, crossing my arms over my chest.
“Sehun? Oh Sehun? I know him.” Kris’ lips stretch into smile. And sweet Jesus, does it send my heart into overdrive, “He takes my Lit class. He’s quite popular, actually.”
“Who’d have thought.” I snort, a wince of pain following close behind.


I spend another ten minutes making goo-goo eyes at the Adonis in front of me, before Kyungsoo comes to break the tension and I awkwardly excuse myself from our conversation.

Kris waves when he leaves and his smile makes my knees weak. Kyungsoo sighs.


“The in the air is literally suffocating me.” He nudges me in the ribs, “I’m gonna open a window.”
“He’s really ing hot, right? It’s not just me, right? Soo, you think he’s hot too, right?” The desperation in my voice is horrifying.


The dark haired boy rolls his eyes, slowly pacing back to stand in front of me, gaze fixed in my face.


“Do you hear yourself?”
“Yeah.” I mutter, “I know. Sorry.”
“S’okay.” He loops an arm around my waist, “Chanyeol has a gig at a bar later, wanna come?”
“Naturally.”

 


~

 


I'm disappointed to discover that my plans to enjoy some nice music and a good drink, are ruined when I lay eyes on one Oh Sehun.

 

Kyungsoo grasps my hand gently, "I'm sorry, I really didn't know they'd be here."

 

Oh, his hot friend is here too. 

 

"It's okay, Soo. I don't mind. Go find Yeol, alright?" I smile down at the shorter man, "I know he needs his good luck charm." 

"Thanks, Lu." Kyungsoo flashes one of his rare smiles and disappears into the crowd. 

 

I fold my arms over my chest, taking a deep breath before I stalk over to the bar, plopping down on a stool and calling my drink order to the bartender. My eyes scan the crowd as I wait, accidentally meeting the gaze of Sehun's friend, Jongin, who excuses himself from the conversation the former is having with someone I don't know. 

 

"Hey." Jongin greets, a lazy smirk spreading across his lips, "Come here often?"

"Did you come to flirt with me?" I ask him, raising an eyebrow as he takes a seat the stool next to mine, "Where's your friend?"

"Maybe. And he's otherwise occupied." He says, calling the bartender for a beer, "You're pretty cute, you know. Even cuter if it weren't for your killer purple under eyes."

"Thanks." I mumble, my face getting hot, "Aren't you underage?"

"Nah, I'm twenty. Sehun and I are older than we look, surprisingly." He flashes the same grin as before, staring at me through his dark bangs, "How old are you?"

"Isn't it a little rude to ask someone for their age?" I smile, nodding my head to the guy behind the counter as he places down two beers in front of us.

Jongin raises an eyebrow, taking his glass between delicate fingers, "Only if it's a lady." 

"Consider me a lady then." I wink at him, tipping my glass toward his before I take a sip. 

 

It's not long before the show starts, Chanyeol sitting center stage on a barstool, guitar clutched in shaky hands as he greets the audience. 

His voice is soft and deep and almost as melodic as his singing voice, it lures the crowd's attention. He says the name of the song he's about to play, then begins to strum out a series of notes and chords on the guitar, singing soulfully into the microphone propped up in front of his lips.

 

"I've never seen you at one of Chanyeol's gigs before." I say to Jongin, my eyes flickering between Chanyeol's focused gaze and Kyungsoo sitting by the side of the stage, loving smile radiating through the dimly lit room. 

"I only met Chanyeol very recently." Jongin replies. He's facing away from the bar, leaning back against the counter with his glass in one hand, "Sehun and I are in the year below him, but we have a friend who takes similar classes, so after a while we all started having lunch together. He invited us all to his performance tonight."

"Oh, so you're here with classmates? That's who Sehun's with?" I raise both eyebrows, gratefully accepting my second beer from the dimpled bartender. 

 

Jongin laughs and indulges my small talk as we drink together, our cheeks flushed and bodies scooting closer together. I can't remember the last time I felt so relaxed, or even spent this much time in the company of someone other than Kyungsoo. 

I notice the details of Jongin's face, his unblemished tanned skin and flat nose, he's really handsome. 

 

"You're really hot." I tell him, stretching my legs out over the tops of his thighs, "Like, super fine."

"Eh?" Jongin laughs, resting one hand on my calf and squeezing, "That came from no where."

"Not really." I shrug, tilting my head to one side, "I thought you were good looking when I saw you at the tryouts. Your abs are pretty ing perfect."

"Really?" The younger boy's eyebrows raise and he presses his hand to his stomach. 

I nod, smiling at him, "Yeah, really. I haven't seen a body like that in a long time."

"Well in that case," He leans forward, "Would you like to see more?"

 

I'm taken aback momentarily, eyes wide as I stare at him. This is not a good idea, it's a very stupid, extremely bad idea. 

 

", yes."

 

.

 

 


please enjoy, friends.

T x