Chapter 3

Forbidden Love

Eli

"Hyung! Hyuuunnng!", whispered Dongho as he shook me awake.

"Dongho, don't make me hurt you.", I said still half asleep.

"Eli hyung you have to get up. Spencer invited us to Attitude's to work out in their gym."

My eyes shot open. "We're going where?!"

"To Attitude's house! C'mon hyung!", Dongho yelled as he ran out of my room.

I sighed and slowly got out of bed. I got dressed and put some workout clothes in a bag. Kiseop was walking passed my room when I opened the door.

"Hyung", I said, "are you as nervous as I am?"

"I'm a little nervous, yeah."

He was clenching his bag. He was more than a little nervous.

Kiseop

"Daannnnnng! That's there house?!", exclaimed AJ. "It's a freaking mansion compared to our dorms!"

"I'm jealous.", said Dongho.

It WAS pretty big. Three stories tall, and what looked like more rooms than four girls could handle. Spencer was already at the door when we got out of the car.

"Hey guys! Come on in!"

We bowed and said hello as we entered the house. Ashley, Nina, and Taren were standing by the door to welcome us.

"Where's Jen?", I asked.

"She's in the dance room.", said Taren. "She....she's having a bit of an off day."

"An off day?", asked Kevin. "Is she ok?"

"She'll be fine. She gets depressed sometimes and locks herself in the dance.", said Nina.

"Depressed?", I asked.

"It's happening a lot more than usual ever since her and Jake broke up.", said Ashley. "I swear is I ever see that again I'll..."

"Ashley-ah!", Taren snapped, looking back at us. "Mianhe. There's a bathroom down the hall you guys can use to change. The gym is right next to it."

"Thank you.", said Soohyun.

As we started to walk down the hallway, I heard music. It was faint at first, but grew louder the closer we got to the end of the hall.

"Is that music coming from the dance room?", I asked.

"Yep.", said Nina. "It's at the end of the hall across from the gym. Jen likes to blast the music. It helps her forget."

Wow...was her break up with Jake that bad? I almost wanted to ask, but I don't want to seem nosy.

As we reached the end of the hall, the music was clear, I could hear every word. "Forbidden Love.", I whispered."

"Mwoh?", asked Kevin, walking up behind me. 

"Don't you hear it? Jen's dancing to Forbidden Love."

"Oh yeah, I hear it now."

I walked up to the door to the dance room and peaked through the window in the door. "Those aren't our moves though."

"No. They're ours.", said Taren. "I told you we made choreography for songs other than our own.", she said nudging me.

"Dang look at her go!", said AJ as he peaked over my shoulder.

"She gets so lost in the music, which helps her forget about things easier. It makes her life so much easier to live, you know?", said Nina.

I couldn't take my eyes off of Jen. I just stood there, staring, watching her dance effortlessly.

"Yah! Hyung.", said Eli. "You coming in the gym or are you gonna stand there and stare at Jen?"

I looked back at him and chuckled. "Just gimme a minute."

He shook his head and went inside the gym. I turned to look back at Jen, but was surprised by someone tapping my shoulder.

"Kiseop oppa."

"Omo. Ashley. You startled me."

"Mianhe.", Ashley giggled and held up a golden key. "Would you like me to let you in?"

"What?", I asked. But then I realized she was talking about unlocking the dance room. "Oh no no. That wouldn't be right for me to just walk in like that."

"I think Jen would appreciate it."

"No I....you think so?"

Ashley nodded. "I think it would surprise her, and probably comfort her, if her bias was concerned about her."

"Really?"

"She may not act like it at first, but I really think it will help.", said Ashley as she unlocked the door, giving me a cheeky grin before heading into the gym.

I took a deep breath and grasped the knob. Jen noticed the door opening right awaym turning her head towards me as I walked in, the door slowly closing behind me as I just stood there staring at her shocked face.

Jen

"Kiseop. How did you..."

"Ashley let me in."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. That sneaky maknae!

"If you'd rather me not be here I can leave."

"No. It's ok. You can stay."

Why is he in here anyway? Wouldn't he much rather be working out with everyone else?

I grabbed my water bottle and sat down in front of the mirror, patting the spot beside me. My inner fangirl was freaking out. My bias is sitting INCHES away from me.

"So," I said, taking a sip of my water, "I take it the girls told you why I locked myself in here."

"Yes. They said you have been depressed lately because of a recent break up."

I scoffed. "They said I was depressed?"

Kiseop nodded. 

I took another sip of my water. " I don't think I'm depressed....I'm just....heartbroken."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I looked at him confused. Why would he care about my failed love life?

"You don't have to if you don't want to, but I'm willing to listen."

"Are you really that curious?"

"Not curious. Worried."

Worried? About me?

I sighed. "Arasso." I paused for a moment to figure out what I was going to say. "Jake and I were high school sweethearts. I loved him more that anything! No one made me smile like he did. We had planned on getting married. We talked about it all the time."

"What happened?", Kiseop asked, turning towards me.

"A couple weeks after the girls and I signed our record deal, he told me that he needed some time to think things through. He didn't know if he could handle having a famous girlfriend."

"Oh Jen...I'm so sorry.", said Kiseop, placing his hand on mine. I just stared at his hand. It fit so perfectly on top of mine. I snapped back to reality and removed my hand from under his.

"Aniya. It's fine. I told Jake that there was nothing to think about. If he truly loved me, he would support my decision."

"So...you broke up with him?"

"Yep.", I said, glancing at the floor, trying to hide the tears that were forming. But it was no use. He saw the tears.

Without warning, Kiseop pulled me against his body and held me. I always thought that I'd start spazzing like a maniac if any of my biases touched me. But Kiseop was holding me and I was calm. I just sat there wrapped in his arms and I cried.

And he let me cry. That was the thing that comforted me the most. He didn't say a word. He just held me and let me cry.