Complicated

Gone With The Wind

“It’s getting complicated, isn’t it?”

Seohyun asks in a very soft voice. No answer from the man beside her.

Yonghwa only nods slowly as the answer. In the hope that she can see it.

 

Yes it’s getting complicated.

Everything changes, from a beautiful-sweet-delicate feeling into a mere flat-emotionless-sad feelings.

This relationship is broken and can never be fixed. No matter how eager they tried.

Since both of them realize that they have changed.

Since she knew that he knew that she realized that her heart is no longer his.

That she no longer finds comfort when she’s with him.

Since he knew that she knew that he recognize that he doesn’t feel excited whenever he’s with him.

That he finds it awkward every time he’s with her.

Since they realize that the love that they used to share has gone with the wind.

That there aren’t sweet smile, delicate laugh, beautiful stories, moral support that they share whenever they are together.

That there are only awkward smile, raspy laugh, restrained anger that they share now whenever they are together.

 

Since Seo Joohyun realize that Jung Yonghwa is no longer the man who own her heart.

Since she realized that it’s hard to maintain the relationship when they both are busy with their own activities.

Since she realized that she grew closer to another man that she once thought only as her dear oppa.

Since she realizes that her feeling towards her dear oppa has changed into something bigger.

Since she can no longer see Cho Kyuhyun as her oppa or her sunbae, but as a man. A man who can provide her shelter anytime she needs it. A man who can comfort her, make her laugh and smile widely. A man who can make her heart flutters.

A man who makes her fall in love.

Since Seo Joohyun also realize that Jung Yonghwa has grown another feeling toward his best of best friend, Park Shin Hye.

 

Since Jung Yonghwa recognize that Seo Joohyun is not the woman he yearns for.

Since he recognized that communication is the only means that can make their relationship success. Yet they failed to maintain it miserably.

Since he aware that he grew another feeling toward his long best of best friend.

Since he aware that he can no longer see Park Shin Hye only as a best of friend or a dongsaeng, but as a woman. A woman who can provide him warmth every time he needs someone to talk to. A woman whom her smile, laugh, stories can turn bad though into a positive one. A woman who steals his minds.

A woman he yearns for.

Since Jung Yonghwa recognize that Seo Joohyun has someone in her mind and her heart has belong to her long time sunbae-slash-oppa, Cho Kyuhyun.

 

Seohyun and Yonghwa look at the serenity in front of them.

The Han River, the witness of their first growing love. The witness of their love that gone to waste.

They both sit on the bench, feeling the cold breeze wipes their cheeks.

None of them would want to make the first move.

Both just sit still, drown in their own thought, dance in their own shattered memories.

Both just know that this day will finally come yet they still don’t know how to make it clear.

 

“So, friend now?”

Seohyun stand uo, offering her hand to him.

Yonghwa sit still. For a few seconds before he finally stand up and held her hand.

“Friend.”

“No matter what happen, you will always one of my precious friend and I will always cherish it. Thank you for everything, Yonghwa Oppa.”

“I should be the one to say thank you. Words can never enough to tell you how grateful I am towards you.”

 

With that, they shake hands for the last time, as a friend.

Seohyun walks away from him, and turns her head when he calls her.

“Good luck with Kyuhyun hyung, Seohyunnie!”

Seohyun just give him a soft smile.

“You too, good luck with Shin Hye unnie, Oppa!”

Both then walk away. Walk in a step as light as their heart now. Smile on their face as they let one small tear run down their face.