Realization

Realization

 

RING RING!

The sound of the school bell rang throughout the whole school, indicating that weekend has come and school has ended. Everyone shot out of their seats and ran towards the class room door, screaming freedom. I shook my head at their stupidity and slowly packed my books into my backpack. I walked out the classroom door and turned right but was startled when I saw my best friend, Kim Jongin, leaning against the wall like a model with his hands in his front pocket. He looked my way with a lazy gaze and smirked at me, I ran towards him.

“Kai, what are you doing here?” I asked as I reached him. He shrugged his shoulders,

“My friends being the s they are, ditched me” He muttered while staring down the almost empty hall. I covered my mouth with my hands to stop my giggles coming out, not wanting to offend him but unfortunately he heard me, he glared at me before walking away from me. I ran after him trying to catch up, hey it wasn’t my fault that I was born with short legs and he wasn’t.

“Hey, I was kidding! What’s wrong Mr Grumpy?” I asked while facing him and walking backwards. He watched me with caution, not wanting me to fall and hit my head.

“Don’t walk like that, I don’t want my best friend hitting her head and suffering from amnesia, your already stupid I don’t want you to become more stupid” He joked while sticking his tongue out like a child. For some weird reason my heart clenched with sadness when I heard him say the word best friend. To tell you the truth, I head a one sided love for Kai, that’s right my best friend but I got rejected before even confessing. Tragic huh? He said that we are best friends and nothing more nor less. I only dated Myungsoo to get over Kai, the schools prince charming. I quickly shook my head and pushed all this unpleasant feeling down. I pouted before placing my hands on my hip,

“I am not stupid!” “Whatever you say, just walk like a normal person”. I pouted once again and walked towards his side.

“Are you happy now mother?” I asked emphasising on the word ‘mother’, he chuckled and looked out the window. We reached my locker and I pulled out all the books in needed for the weekend. I was grumbling about how much homework we got to Kai but he wasn’t listening. I stared at him and he was spacing out looked out the window, I waved my hand in front of his face

“Hello, earth back to Kai ~” He didn’t even blink or move a muscle, “Kai, Kai, Kai” I said jabbing him in the arm with my finger. He slowly moved he head towards my way,

“YA KIM JONGIN ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!” He covered his ears with his hands, wincing at the volume of my voice.

“I heard you the first time women” I pouted and continued to pack my bag while grumbling about how Kai wasn’t listening to me. He laughed at my actions, slowly his laugh died down.

“So, where’s your boyfriend?” He asked before stuffing his hands in his back pockets and looking around. I stopped packing my books, my eyes widening.

“Myungsoo? Uh we kind of got into a fight” I whispered while shutting my locker door.

“BWO?! You and Myungsoo got into a fight?! But you guys were fine before!” Kai exclaimed.

I sighed and tugged on my backpack straps. I went and sat on a bench and patted the seat next to me, indicating for him to take a seat. He quickly walked over and sat on the bench, looking at me with concern.

“How do I start…well this all happened because well….,” I stopped and looked over at him, ”You remember the day that I came over your house because we had to do a project to do together right?” He nodded slowly. I clicked my fingers together,

“That’s why he was angry!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air.

I sighed “I told him that nothing happened but being the idiot he was he didn’t believe me. He accused me of cheating on him with you.”

I looked over at Kai, his eyes were wide open and his mouth opened like a fish. I laughed and placed my finger under his chin while lifting it up, closing it for him.

“Yeah, I know right, stupid” I sighed while dangling my legs from the bench, curse me and my short legs. Kai recovered from his shock.

“So, his angry because you’re spending more time with me then him?” He asked. I looked up at the sky,

“Yeah, you could put it in that way.” We sat in silence, I opened my mouth to say something but something caught my attention. It was Myungsoo and ….. Suzy, his ex-girlfriend and also my best friend, well you could say ex-best friend now. Kai seemed to have seen since his hands clenched tightly into fists. The next thing that happened broke my heart into little pieces. Myungsoo grabbed Suzy by the waist and pulled her in for a heated make out session. Tears were now tumbling down my face as I watched the scene unfold in front of me. Even though I didn’t love him, I had developed at little but of feelings for him after 2 months of dating, also I felt betrayed by my own best friend. It felt like she just took a knife and stabbed it in my back. I started to choke on my tears as my saliva clogged my throat. Kai was furious to see me crying and he was going to make someone pay. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the couple. Once we reached them Kai grabbed Myungsoo by the shoulder, spinning him around before landing a punch on his face.

“OPPA!” Suzy screamed as she crouched next to him, helping him stand on his two feet. Myungsoo groaned as he held him jaw in his hand.

“What the hell do-“ Suzy started to scream to us but was cut off as she stared at me with wide eyes. She gasped, Myungsoo looked up and meet his gaze with my tear filled eyes.

“D-Dae Y-Y-Yun” She strutted as she meet my glare. I walked my way towards her before slapping her across the face, but since I was still considering her as my best friend the slap didn’t come out as powerful as I wanted it to. Her head whipped to the side and she placed a hand onto of the red mark that had formed on her left cheek. Myungsoo pushed my shoulder making me tumble backwards but luckily Kai was there to catch me.

“You ! Why did you do that for?!” He screamed at me as he placed his hands on Suzy’s cheeks, wiping her tears away. I was in a state of shock and I just stared at him, unbelieving that he actually pushed me. Kai set me next to him and asked if I was alright but I just stared to Myungsoo and Suzy. I pushed Kai away softly away from me,

“What did you just call me?” I whispered, Myungsoo whipped his head towards my direction when he heard my voice, he glared at me before replying.

“You heard me perfectly” He sneered.

“Why? WHY ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME!? IS IT BECAUSE OF THE FIGHT?!” I screamed. I staggered forward towards them but Kai wrapped his arms around me waist, softly pulling me back and whispered in my ear, ‘Calm Down’. Myungsoo saw this and scoffed.

“It’s not like you weren’t cheating on me” He glared at us both before shifting his eyes at Kai’s hands. I finally let my angry out and started screaming.

“GET AWAY FROM MY SIGHT! I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACES EVERY AGAIN! GO AWAY!” I screamed with tears streaming down my face. Suzy looked at me with sorrowful eyes and dragged Myungsoo away from me. My legs gave out on me and I fell towards the floor. Kai wrapped his arms around me, embracing me with a hug. I cried in his chest, wetting his shirt but he didn’t care. He said soothing words and patted my head.

“Please don’t cry…I’m here for you” He whispered as he held me closer. My cries slowly stopped. I leaned back and stared at Kai’s face which was filled with worry.

“Why? Why do you care for me so much? Why?” I asked, my voice cracked a few times. He blinked with surprise before cupping my face in his hands and wiping my tears away with his thumb.

“Because… because I love you” He said sadly. My eyes widened and he let out a light laugh.

“It’s okay, I know you don’t have to say it, I was rejected before even confessing.”  I quickly shook my head, tears were forming again threating to come out.

“No, I – I love you too” I finally said it, I finally confessed to him. His face went into a confused state. I chuckled before explaining,

“I only dated Myungsoo to get over you, I thought you liked Suzy so I thought it was better to get over you then get my heart broken” I explained, staring into his eyes.

“So, do you still….” Kai asked shyly. I nodded my head before pecking him on the lips. He gasped and I giggled before standing up, I reached my hand towards Kai lending him a hand. He smirked before grabbing it but once he stood up he crashed me into his chest and wrapped his toned arms around my petite waist.

“Don’t worry, I treat you better than that stupid idiot. I’ll make you feel like the luckiest girl on earth” He whispered before resting his chin on top of my head. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck,  resting my forehead on the crook of his neck.

“Right now I feel like the luckiest girl on earth”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WOOOO UPLOADING TWO ONESHOTS TODAY ~ just making it up for not updating 'Welcome to Wonderland' D; but ill update tomorrow !

hope you liked it, COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE ~

- tellmewhatislove