My Master

As You Wish

My Master

“Oh!” Taemin says in surprise and lift his finger up slightly to point at me.

“Ah..erm..” I gulp and grind my teeth. Yeonni, what the freak have you done?!

Taemin shakes Kai’s shoulder to get his attention and gestures towards me. Kai stops in the middle of taking another bite of his sandwich and turns his head.

I also turn my head, trying to hide it from the “young masters” and bulge my eyes at Yeonni, telepathically cursing at him. He replies with a loud “What?!” and I screech at him, not remembering no one can hear or see him but me.

“We will be going now, masters. Have a good lunch and enjoy.” The maid innocently smiles at them and bows again. She nods at me and tells me to follow her.

Keeping my head turned away from the “masters”, I take small steps until we pass the dining room. 

“Why didn’t you tell me this was the Lee Mansion?!” I whisper yell at Yeonni and he puts his arms up in the air as if I was a cop arresting him.

“Well you didn’t ask, and there’s a lot of people in Korea with the surname Lee.” He defends himself quite well, but this irritated me even more.

The maid stops in front of a large room with fancy gold decorations on the door and tells us to wait outside. She comes back a couple minutes later with a small gray bag in her hands and a yellow manila folder.

“You may start right away, here is your uniform and paperwork you need to fill out. I will lead you to the maid quarters and you can organize yourself there. I’ll be in the kitchen helping to prepare dinner, so just find me there so I can get you started. My name is Kim Eunseol by the way, nice to meet you.” Eunseol hands me my materials and puts a hand on her chest. She bows slightly and then smiles at me.

I walk towards where Eunseol pointed to reach the maid quarters and there were two doors. One for males and another one for females.

“Well…you obviously can’t come in with me so just...stand out here or something. I’ll be out soon.” I tell Yeonni, who is a male, even though you couldn’t tell from his name. He leans on the wall and nods repeatedly.

I walk in the female door and the room was well kept, nothing disorganized. It was like a locker room plus an office lounge, one side decorated with a simple kitchen and the other with metal lockers. No one was inside, so everyone must be working.

“Alright…let’s find locker number 42…” A slip of paper in the manila folder had my locker number on it and it’s lock password. Locker 42 was a top locker thank God and the code was 561. I turned the knob on the lock to the correct numbers and it unveiled an empty locker with a pair of shoes. They were black flats, with ankle straps. There were white frilly socks inside the shoes also.

“Ah…this isn’t really my style…” I whisper holding up the sock.

Setting the manila folder on one of the benches between the lockers, I open the gray bag. It had my uniform inside, ironed and neatly folded.

Taking out the clothing, I hold them up. A black dress with white round peter pan collars and a white apron that would wrap around my waist with a lace lining. There also were solid white knee high socks with a frilly bow headband inside the bag. What the , is this some sort of cosplay costume?! I didn’t pay attention to the Eunseol’s costume or the other maid’s costumes until now.

I take a deep breath and my lips. I hold up the headband and rub my forehead out of frustration. “I’ll just fill out the paperwork first.” I say to myself as I sit down on the bench trying to calm myself.


 

Yeonni was waiting outside the two doors of the quarters, looking up at the decorations on the ceiling. He was waiting…waiting…and waiting.

“What did Jieun have to do with those guys?” Yeonni starts to wonder, rubbing his chin.

He looks back at the hallway and starts to tip toe back towards the dining room.

He sticks his head out in the dining room to see the young masters still eating and discussing something.

“Was that Jieun? I couldn’t really tell.” Kai puts his sandwich down and puts his hands together.

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure. She looked a lot like her.” Taemin takes a sip of his water and nods his head.

“Man, this is gonna be fun!” Kai grins and bites his bottom lip. He nudges Taemin with his fist and raises his eyebrows at him.

“Is there something between the three…?” Yeonni wonders, turning around and putting his back flat on the wall. He walks back to the quarters to wait for Jieun.


 

I hold the doorknob and take deep breaths preparing myself to come out. “Jieun, you can do this. It’s just an outfit.” I try to calm myself and touch the frilly apron. I bite my lips and touch the headband, gripping it slightly. I was about to take the headband off and throw it on the floor until I found myself turning the doorknob and opening the door.

I put my head down and my fists clenched on my sides as the door swings open. After a while I put my head up and open my eyes to see Yeonni staring at me with a weird look.

“I know it’s bad. Just…don’t look at me.” I avoid eye contact and talk to the floor instead.

“Ah..you…” Yeonni tries to speak but ends up staring at me up and down constantly. I see his Adam’s apple move and his tongue peek out to his dry lips.

“Let’s go.” I rush towards him and grab his hand. Yeonni still hasn’t said a word. Speed walking towards the kitchen, I stop halfway. I look back to see Yeonni still blank and my white arm. I found a long white glove in the gray bag as I was stuffing it in my locker, and that just killed me. It was frilly also.

I let go of Yeonni’s hand and realize everyone must’ve been looking at me as if I was mental since they saw me storming with my arm out, out reaching the air.

“Just follow me.” I slow down and find the kitchen, which smelled like chicken and some kind of dessert baking.

While I walked in, everyone was so busy. There were over 10 chefs! Just to feed one family. The scene was like what you would see in a restaurant movie, steam filling the room and orders being yelled. In the midst of this cooking chaos I found Eunseol preparing a tea and a glass of soda.

“Uhm, I have my paperwork…” I hand Eunseol the yellow manila folder I was holding in my other hand.

“Great! I’ll take care of that. I have your first task, so follow me for now.” She takes the folder and hands me the tray of drinks.

Eunseol walks out of the kitchen like a pro, turning left and right and bending her back to squeeze between the mass of people and mess. I on the other hand, suffered when people bumped into me and the drinks almost spilled. My legs were like jelly by the time I got out of that hell from all the shuffling steps.

After the kitchen the house was pretty empty so it was alright. Eunseol knocks on the dark chocolate double doors that were upstairs. She opened the door and three passageways dwelled in front of us, with a table and a vase of flowers on top of it in the middle. She walked straight and took the middle passageway. The room included a teacher like desk and another round table and just a bunch of bookcases filled with books.

There was a person sitting on the round table, and the chair to the teacher desk was faced back.

“I have your drinks, please enjoy them. And meet your new personal maid, Kim Jieun.”

The chair turns around, unveiling someone in sweats and a V-neck. The person at the round table turns his head around. They both look at me and make out a small laugh and start to grin.

I huff out a small breath and bite my lower lip out disbelief. I make my pissed face and set the drinks down on the round table.

“Enjoy your drinks, young masters.”