At Your Service

As You Wish

 

"So..just three wishes?" I ask again for clarification.

 

"Yes! How many times do I have to say it?" Yeonni gets frustruated and sits on the floor, spreading his legs.

 

"Can I make my first wish right now? Erm..I wish for a nice paying job.." I blurt out, not being able to meet his eyes and playing with my fingers.

 

"That's what you want? Just a job? No money or lottery?" He judges me while putting down my trinket he was inspecting from the floor.

 

"Yeah..if I wanted money I feel like I should earn it, or it wouldn't feel right using it." I whisper quietly, still not meeting eyes with him.

 

"Wow..a couple minutes ago you were screaming like mad and now you seem all angelic." He starts opening my drawers like he lives in my room and peeks inside them with scrunched lips.

 

"So..are you going to grant my wish or..?" I stand up confidently and close the drawer he was about to open, which was a private drawer only for my eyes.

 

"Calm down." He walks towards the middle of my room, with the sparkles trailing behind him. Can't he shut those annoying things off?

 

Yeonni lifts his right hand up, looks at the tips of his fingers and snaps once. No complicated genie hand gestures, but just a finger snap.

 

"You really had to walk all the way over there to snap your fingers?" I extend my neck, questioning his useless motions.

 

"It's the first wish, so I wanted to build up curiosity as to what I would do to grant it.” He crosses his arms proudly and spreads his legs shoulder width.

 

“Wow uhm, I-okay.” I am speechless at how cocky he looks right now. His chin raised and shoulders broadly opened. “Okay, you can go to where you were before, I’m going to bed.”

 

“I can’t go back.” He says bluntly, as if I were supposed to know.

 

“What do you mean?” I stress every syllable with my chin forward.

 

“Well, let’s go with this: I’m yours. Don’t think it’s some confession, but like..you have to feed me and stuff…” Yeonni finally looses that confidence of his and rubs the back of his hair, making circles with his marshmallow shoes.

 

“So what you’re trying to say is…I have to take care of you now?!” I explode and stomp both my feet, making the floor rumble.

 

“Just you know…place to sleep and food to eat. I’m human too!” Yeonni nags back like a little child.

 

“WELL IF YOU’RE HUMAN HOW COME PEOPLE CAN’T SEE YOU?!”

 

“I’M..A DIFFERENT TYPE OF HUMAN, OKAY?”

 

With every word said, we both take angry steps towards each other until our noses almost touch. Both our eyes are filled with fury and our fists clenched.

 

I can tell it’ll be just dandy when he’s around. This of course, would be every second.

 


 

BRRRING BRRRRING

 

The alarm on my phone rings at 5 AM like every other day. “Gotta get ready to deliver newspaper and milk…can’t oversleep…”  I talk to myself in my head to prevent from getting lazy, and it seems to work.

 

I arise from the sheets, stayed sitting for a while to keep myself awake and turn around on my . My legs are dangling from the side of the bed as I prepare myself to stand up. On my feet. At 5 AM in the morning.

 

My right foot lands on the cold floor first and I erect up while my left foot land on something squishy?!

 

“BWAH!” My face high fives the floor and my nose felt like it was about to go inside my face.

 

“YA!” I smack the floor with my hands and kick my legs furiously out of annoyance. I look behind me in the morning darkness to see Yeonni sleeping on his stomach with drool flowing out of the corner of his mouth.

 

“Ah.” I sigh hopelessly, since the squishy thing was his , and he apparently slept upside down on the floor.

 

“Mhhhhh….” He whines with his mouth wide open like a canyon, and tries to shoo my legs off his .

 

This dude is really getting under my skin.

 

“Hey, since I don’t know how this genie thing works quite yet, I guess you have to come with me to deliver newspaper and milk. So get up.” I order him and kick his pillow like with my calf.

 

“What?” He the saliva he produced overnight (gross I know) at once and wipes his mouth with the side of his hand.

 

“Just put on a sweater or something if you even brought clothes. It’s gonna be cold outside.” I stick my up in the air and prepare myself to actually stand up and get ready. Yeonni replies with a mumble and squiggles inside the blanket.

 


 

 

 

Yeonni never came with me to deliver the newspaper and milk this morning, and he didn’t tag along to school. I didn’t really care, since I’m new to this whole genie pet program.

 

“Mom, I’m home! I’m just gonna put my bag down and I’ll help you at the stand!” I holler over to my mom, who was just putting on her apron and about to leave the house for the ddokbukki stand.

 

“Ah geez…when will school ever end?!” I fling my backpack carelessly and jump onto my bed, tummy first. The feeling of relaxation felt nice, but I knew that wouldn’t last long. By the way, where’s Yeonni?

 

I look up, trying to search my room for where he is. Right when I do, I spot him reading one of my mangas on the floor.

 

“Hey.” Yeonni coolly greets me, his eyes glued on the black and white pages.

 

“What are you doing?! Who gave you permission to touch my stuff?!” I snatch the manga from his hand, not bothering to save what page he was on with my thumb.

 

“And what kind of a genie are you?! My wish didn’t come true! Are you just a ert who came into my room and pretended to be a genie and got in here by a hole in the wall and main goal is to-“

 

“Hey! Stop babbling and your wish was granted. Geez. I’m more of a realistic genie, you know.” Yeonni stops my jump to conclusions and hands me a sheet of normal printer paper, folded carelessly in half.

 

“You can’t even fold right?” That was first thing I told him when I saw the paper, and he gave me a nasty look.

 

I unfolded the document and saw a very photographic photo of a mansion.

 

MAIDS WANTED. PREFERABLY 18 AND UP. IF INTERESTED, VISIT THE MANSION AT…..

 

The words were bold, simple and clear. Easy to read, since everyone doesn’t want to read a paragraph on a wanted flyer.

 

“They pay well. $200 a week, free room and food. It’s like getting payed to live.” Yeonni says while sitting down on the floor.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yup. Did my research.”

 

After running the stand with my mom, I walked over to the mansion at the address on the flyer with Yeonni. The mansion was amazing. The glass doors and windows were sparkly and spotless, the house itself was perfection. The lawn was so green and the trees stood tall and healthy. It seemed like they could touch clouds. This was also seen from afar, so I couldn’t imagine what It was like inside or up close.

 

“I’m here to sign up for the maid position?” I talked to one of the guards at the gate and showed him the flyer as proof. Yeonni was right next to me, and surprisingly none of the five gate guards saw him. Heh, guess he really is invisible to others.

 

“Alright, please leave your fingerprint here and you may go.” The guard plainly instructed me. Wow, fingerprint. They’re not kidding when it comes to security.

 

The walk to the mansion seemed endless, since they had so much land and so many trees. We both finally arrived at the massive front door without a word. Everything was so luxurious it was impossible to speak with your mouth wide open from how amazing your surroundings were.

 

Another maid let us inside, and Yeonni followed closely behind.

 

“See? Not a joke. This thing is real.” He whispered into my ear. “Yeah no kidding, this house is like a freaking mall!” I mumble back, since no one else could see him besides me and I didn’t want to give off the image of that crazy girl who talks to the air.

 

“Oh, hello young masters.” The maid abruptly stops in her tracks and faces a room to bow 90 degrees. Young masters?

 

We both take tiny steps forward to be able to see who was inside. It smelled of food, so I’m guessing it’s the dining room.

 

“Oh, hello.” A voice greets the maid kindly. But she said young masters? Isn’t there supposed to be two?

 

I was finally able to see the enormous dining room, to see Taemin greet the maid and Kai eating his..sandwich?!

 

THIS IS THE LEE MANSION?!?!

 

 


Hello everyone! I hope you had a good Christmas! And happy New Year! 

OTL Sorry for not updating for the past couple of weeks, i felt really lazy and had some school work to do XD

I tried to make this chapter extra long, so enjoy! ~

Don't be shy, comment and subscribe ^^