Chapter 20

Your Relevance

 

Da Eun's POV

 

I sulked on my couch as I was watching a show that I wasn't so interested about. I just hated the silence sometimes. It kinda makes you think, and that was the last thing I wanted to do.

It's been a couple of days since I last heard from Chunji. It was now spring break, and he hadn't called, texted or anything. That's a record. Ever since we met in high school, he would at least text me every day. Even if it was just a simple 'good night'. I looked down at the necklace he gave me on my birthday. Did I still have the right to wear this?

Then I thought of Sungyeol and the kiss. Somehow I felt guilty that Chunji has been waiting all these years to kiss me, while Sungyeol, who had been in my life for only months, had taken my first kiss just like that. But I have to say, I wouldn't have imagined my first kiss any better than that night. And I can conclude that Sungyeol is one heck of a kisser.

 

Do I still have feelings for Chunji? Yes.

Do I have feelings for Sungyeol too? Hell yes.

 

“Da Eun! Can you turn that down a bit?” my father called from his office.

“I was just about to turn it off.” I said and turned it off.

I was about to walk upstairs when I heard voices coming from outside.

“DA EUN!” they screamed.

I turned around and peered out the window. I couldn't really see their faces because they were wearing sunglasses and hats. There were several of them huddled in front of the gate..

“DA EUN! Come out!” one screamed.

“Who the?” My dad asked while looking out the window.

“Noona!” a girly voice screamed. I know that voice...

I chuckled. It was them. I've been dying to get out of this house all day. It's like they read my mind.

I opened the door and ran out to say hi to them.

“Finally. I thought we were gonna have to call for hours.” Hoya said.

“What's up guys?” I asked, looking at all of them. But my gaze stopped at Sungyeol and I blushed slightly at his grinning face.

“We wanna take you out today!” Woohyun said.

Dongwoo started twirling around. “And show you the wonders of the world!”

“The water park is first. So get your bathing suit!” Sungjong said.

I smiled and nodded.

 

I turned around but I hit my dad's chest.

“Who are these boys?” he asked.

I gulped. Uh oh...

“They're my friends.” I said.

Everyone bowed to him.

“We just wanted to take Da Eun out today. Is that okay?” Sunggyu asked.

“Of course it's okay. Right dad?”

“No. You're staying home.” he said.

“What?! Dad, I've been home all day, and all this week. I'm going with them.” I sternly said.

My dad looked surprised. I was surprised as well. This was the first time I had ever rebelled against him in this manner.

“No, how do you plan on becoming a doctor if you run around playing with friends? Especially with guys like these.” he snarled at them. Their faces fell.

“They're good people. Just because they don't have a lot of money doesn't mean they are bad.” I defended. I saw their faces brighten a little.

“I can take care of myself.” I added.

“No, you're staying home. How do you think your mother would like this? She dreamed for you to become a successful doctor.”

I frowned. No...not the mother card again.

I could feel my eyes watering. “Dad, that's not fair.”

“It is fair.” he started to pull me towards my house. “Now I don't want you to see these boys ever again, you hear me?”

I looked back at them with an apologetic look. Sungyeol reached his hand out to me, and with his other hand he grabbed onto the bar of the gate that was by his face. He strained to get his arm out as far as possible. I reached out and grabbed his hand. I noticed he handed me a piece of paper. My dad tugged on me again and our hands came apart.

I saw them wave to me sadly.

My dad slammed the door shut and I glared at him.

“I hate you.” I muttered before running upstairs.

 

I sat on my bed and cried. I looked out the window and I could see them walking away with slouched shoulders. I remembered the piece of paper in my hand. I opened it up and I saw Sungyeol had written his number hurriedly on the back of a receipt that was probably in his pocket. I smiled at the words, 'text me :D'

I saved his number in my phone before opening a new text message.

 

To: Sungyeol

This is Da Eun. Sorry I can't go. Have fun.

 

The reply came in a couple of minutes.

 

To: Da Eun

Srry if I reply late. Still gettin used 2 this keyboard. This is my first cell phone. Hehe. ^^ but we arent going anymore. it's not the same w/out u. TT.TT

 

I frowned. Just because of me, their plans are ruined. I thought about my dad's strict rules and it angered me. My dad chose spring break to work from home so he could keep an eye on me so I definitely can't go out unless it was with Chunji, but we're not speaking as of now so that was out of the question. Then I thought of something. I quickly typed on my phone.

 

To: Sungyeol

When do you think we can go again?

 

To: Da Eun

We start our new job in a few days. So anytime b4 then :)

 

To: Sungyeol

How about tomorrow?

 

To: Da Eun

Are u sure? Ur dad...

 

I smirked before replying.

 

To: Sungyeol

Trust me, he won't know a thing.

 

=====================

little miss goody good is turning into a bad . :D sorta... :/

but i might update again today since this was a short chapter. idk. i'll see how things go.

did you guys see X-5's debut music video?!

idk the members and stuff because it was more of a story mv...but i like the rapper that was driving the car. good song though. :D