Epilogue

Dancing Shoes

Kris towered over the dozens of fan girls screaming and shrieking for a certain short singer up on stage by the name of Kim Jonghyun. His head was pounding from the sheer volume of their cheers, his ears ringing incessantly while his mind spun in circles. He was here for one reason and one reason only; to watch a certain dancer.

His eyes quickly scanned the stage, locking onto the sole purpose he was tolerating the pushing and shoving from crazy teenage girls. His heart immediately began hammering in his chest; beating at his ribcage while his eyes remained glued to the dancer’s every movement.

Yixing had a look of complete focus on, putting his all into his dancing making sure every step, every flick of his wrists; every tiny movement was precise and flowed with the rhythm. It was something Kris loved about Yixing, his determination in dancing. Kris wondered how on earth all those girls could not notice Yixing even if he was just a backup dancer. Yixing was much better than that singer they were throwing their hearts and souls at not to mention he was more attractive than the short power vocalist.

He noticed movement out of the corner of his eye and turned his head right to see Luhan and Minseok with their bodies pressed together so closely Kris wondered whether they were trying to meld together into one being. He almost gagged and threw up when he saw them kiss while Luhan’s hand sneakily traveled down Minseok’s body getting closer and closer to his .

“Get a ing room,” Kris snapped at them.

“Shut up, we’re playing a game right now,” Luhan hissed back, “whenever that singer winks we kiss, and whenever he rubs his lips I get to touch Minseok .”

“I don’t know how I got mixed into this. This damn singer keeps rubbing his hands all over his lips like it’s y or something which is completely untrue,” Minseok sighed but jumped when Luhan squeezed his . “Stop it!”

“No, seriously just get a room. My eyes do not need to see this,” Kris groaned while he attempted to kick Luhan away. The photographer wrapped his arms around Minseok and nimbly hopped out of the way. Sticking his tongue out, he began leaving with a protesting Minseok in tow. “Finally, thank God.”

Now, Kris could put his full attention back on the man who had captured his heart but just before he could be mesmerized by Yixing’s dancing he noticed the two men standing stiffly beside him. Sighing, Kris spun to look at them.

“You two can leave if you want, go on a date or something,” Kris said bluntly.

“D-date?” Jongdae stuttered while his eyes flitted towards Jongin who also looked thoroughly surprised.

“Yes, a date. Or at least leave since obviously you’re not having any fun here. Just meet us all at EXO in like two hours. And don’t even think of being late,” Kris warned while he glowered at the two.

Jongin glanced at Jongdae who still was paralyzed then looked back to Kris. He smiled and nodded at him gratefully then proceeded to take Jongdae’s hand in his own and haul the bewildered man out of the building. Alone at last, Kris turned back to the stage but found the song was over and Yixing had already disappeared backstage. He let out a frustrated grunt before making his way out. There were several girls squealing when they finally noticed him, giggling together about his god-like looks. Their affections went unnoticed by the tall man because he only had eyes for a certain backup dancer.

Standing by the back entrance, Kris waited for Yixing with his arms crossed over his chest. Many fans who were looking for their own idol stared at him curious as to who he was or whether he was an idol as well. His eyes roamed around at the many faces not really taking in any details, just looking for the sake of looking.

Eventually, he got tired of just gazing out at faces he wasn’t interested in and shut his eyes instead. The memory of Yixing on stage played in his mind, still fresh and so very vivid. He could remember every single detail from the clothes he was wearing to the tiny wrinkles caused when he furrowed his brows in concentration. Just from the memory, Kris’ heart was already leaping in ecstasy.

A sudden outburst of screams shocked Kris into realization that he wasn’t dreaming and he wasn’t alone. He was throttled back and forth by an onslaught of crazy fans trying to get close to their favorite idols. The feeling of fingers accidentally ripping at his clothes in the attempt to reach their idol made Kris shiver in fright. He struggled to get out of the tidal wave of girls, prying hands off him and practically having to shove his way out into the open. Once free of insane teenagers, Kris in a breath of clean air and placed a hand on his heaving chest.

“Still not used to the fan girls?” a sweet, soothing, all-too familiar voice asked him. A warm hand gently rested on his shoulder and every single nerve ending in Kris’ body went haywire. His cells sizzled with an energy that appeared only when Yixing touched him.

“Unfortunately, no,” responded Kris. “And I don’t think I’ll ever get used to it. I could never be an idol.” He shook his head as another shudder ran through his body at the mere thought of having girls clawing at him.

“Sorry for making you wait. Next time, I’ll try to get out early so you don’t get run over by girls,” Yixing apologized sincerely.

It took every fiber of Kris’ being to not shove Yixing against the wall and kiss him roughly. People were around and he wasn’t one who enjoyed displaying affection publicly. Instead, he settled for a tender smile. “No, don’t be sorry,” he murmured. “I’d fight through an army if you were waiting for me on the other side.”

“Since when were you so corny?” Yixing chuckled but Kris could see a light blush on his cheeks anyway.

Yixing blinked a few times as if coming to a sudden epiphany. “Wait, where are the others?”

“Them? They left on their own miniature dates,” Kris said, “Anyways there’s no need to worry about them. Now, we have time to ourselves.”

“Aren’t we all supposed to have dinner together at six though?” asked Yixing.

“Yeah, I said we’d meet them there,” Kris replied. “No more questions though, okay? Let’s just enjoy our alone time.”

Restricted from saying anything more, Yixing nodded in compliance and allowed Kris to lead the way. They traveled down the street together, not holding hands but walking close enough so their shoulders brushed against one another and the backs of their hands skimmed together. Kris’ fingers itched to curl around Yixing’s hand and pull him into any place where they could be away from prying eyes; then he’d be free to do whatever he wanted to the graceful dancer.

But, he decided that could wait till later. At the moment, he didn’t mind just being with Yixing and aimlessly wandering the streets of Seoul with him. Occasionally, Yixing would see something inside a store and he’d drag Kris towards it to take a closer look. He adored the way Yixing’s face lit up when he found something he liked, the way he’d pick it up and handle it in the gentlest way as if he’d break it if he weren’t careful. When he asked Yixing why he didn’t buy something, the dancer would smile and say “I already have everything I need right here.” Kris thought he’d die of happiness in front of Yixing’s blinding smile.

As they continued on their journey towards who knows where, the air began to chill as the sun went down. Winter was on its way and with it came colder weather, a frigid wind, and thoughts of snow. Some shops were already putting up Christmas decorations, their green and red lights twinkling like stars. The moon peeked out from the clouds blocking the evening sky from view.

Yixing glowed beneath the pale moonlight, his bangs swept to the side and out of his face, his eyes utterly sparkling at the beautiful sight of Seoul’s evening, his lips looking soft as the corners curved up. Kris admired it all, enthralled to be the one who could call this gorgeous man his lover. Despite his own preferences against displaying his affections in public, he pulled Yixing aside by a lamppost and while the dancer stared back in surprise he dove in for a kiss. It lasted for a mere second but was still enough to take both Kris’ and Yixing’s breaths away.

“What was that about?” questioned the dancer. He gazed intently into Kris’ eyes, searching for an answer.

“No reason. Is it weird that I want to kiss my boyfriend?” responded Kris.

“Well, n-no. I just thought you didn’t like PDA,” Yixing stammered as his cheeks flushed pink.

Grinning, Kris began walking without answering him. He heard Yixing scoff behind him but didn’t bother to stop and say anything. Soon enough, the soft pitter patter of Yixing’s footsteps floated in the air as the dancer jogged to catch up the Kris’ long strides. He didn’t say anything when he caught up to him, merely shifting his purple backpack into a more comfortable position on his back.

“Hey, it’s almost six. We should get to the restaurant soon if we don’t wanna be late,” Yixing finally spoke up.

“Really?” Kris glanced at his watch. “Oh , you’re right. We should hurry or Jongin’s gonna about it.”

Their hands automatically latched together as they began to run through the streets, laughing all the way to the restaurant.

When they got there, it was approximately 0.2 seconds after 6:01 and a smirking Jongin stood in front of EXO with his hands on his hips and his brows arched up. Jongdae stood beside him, an absentminded smile on his face indicating that the pair had a nice date.

“You’re late,” Jongin stated. “And you told us not to be late. Tsk, tsk, were you ing or something?”

“You two ed?” Luhan exclaimed as he walked up with Minseok right beside him. Yixing grinned at Minseok and the two shared a friendly hug.

“What? No, we didn’t!” Kris snapped.

“You guys haven’t done it yet?” Minseok whispered to Yixing who shook his head, cheeks bright red. “Well, I guess there’s no rush.”

“Can we not talk about this?” Yixing groaned. “Let’s just go inside and eat. Can’t we have dinner and a normal conversation like other people?”

“Who said we were like other people?” asked Luhan with a devilish grin. “We’re strange, that’s what makes us so awesome.”

Glowering, Kris quickly took Yixing by the wrist and swept him inside. The others followed, chuckling all the while. When they entered, there was already a table set up for them and the entire restaurant was empty.

“We’re the only ones here?” asked a confused Kris.

“Did I forget to mention that I rented out the whole restaurant for us?” Luhan smirked.

Minseok smacked him in the head while rolling his eyes. “He’s lying. He begged me to tell Junmyeon to close the restaurant just for us.”

“You’re not supposed to tell them that. Does somebody wanna be punished tonight?” Luhan whispered, but loud enough for everyone to hear. Minseok turned completely red and he slapped Luhan’s shoulder.

“Eww, too much information. I think I agree with Yixing, let’s have a normal dinner,” Jongin spoke up as he grimaced. He slung his arm around Jongdae’s shoulder and led the older man towards the table, pulling out his chair for him and then taking the seat across from him.

Cackling, Luhan sauntered over to sit down as well. It took a few seconds but everyone was soon seated. On one end were Jongin and Jongdae, in the middle sat Kris and Yixing, and the other end was occupied by Minseok and Luhan.

“Geez, tell me why you agreed to this again hyung?” Sehun grumbled as he walked out of the kitchen with Junmyeon. “They are so loud we can hear them from the kitchen.”

“Come on, Sehun-ah. They’re our friends,” replied Junmyeon with an angelic smile adorning his equally angelic face. “We have to be kind to our friends.”

“And can you tell me when exactly they became our friends? I know Minseok hyung is our friend but the others?”

“Yah, we can hear you y’know!” shouted Luhan across the room. Sehun snickered and made his way over.

“It’s just a joke, no worries hyung,” Sehun said.

After Sehun took everyone’s orders and left with Junmyeon to make them, light and playful conversation took over at the table. Kris and Yixing both sat back in their chairs, listening to the banter of their friends. They both gazed at one another, a smile blooming on their faces. It was heartwarming, sitting there surrounded by people they loved. Kris’ own heart beat at a slow, gentle rhythm completely at ease. His foot accidentally bumped into Yixing’s under the table and they laughed, softly bumping their feet together again.

Their food came quickly and the group welcomed Sehun and Junmyeon to join them with open arms. Now, the tantalizing aroma of well-made food was added to the cozy atmosphere permeating the room. Kris sighed from happiness at the delicious meal he was able to eat, the tip of his shoe touching Yixing’s beneath the table still. They kept their feet like that, connected.

Uproarious laughter burst forth when Jongin blatantly lied to Jongdae, telling him he had some food on his mouth when really there was nothing there. The poor man believed him though, trying to wipe it away repeatedly until Jongin motioned for him to come closer so he could get it for him. In the end, Jongin stole a kiss from him pressing their lips together roughly before leaning back with a satisfied smirk. Jongdae grew flustered as everyone chuckled at his innocent reaction.

Yixing upped the mood when he pronounced a bet. The bet was that he and Kris could win in a dance competition with the other three. Kris choked on his drink when the dancer announced this, staring at him with enlarged eyes. Luhan laughed harder and pointed at Kris.

“Him? You think he can dance better than Minseok and I? Nice try. We can definitely beat you guys,” Luhan declared.

“Excuse me? You’re not the one who has been dancing since their third year of elementary school,” Jongin said.

“W-wait, but you know I can’t dance that well,” Jongdae stuttered. Jongin hushed him with another kiss, making the man blush furiously.

“Shh, just follow my lead and you’ll be fine,” Jongin whispered.

“You’re kidding me, right? You guys don’t stand a chance against Junmyeon hyung and me,” Sehun asserted. “Right hyung?”

“U-uh, right,” Junmyeon answered uncertainly.

“Well then, if you guys are so confident then bring it on,” Yixing said. Kris was in awe at how much confidence Yixing exuded when it came to dancing.

In a matter of minutes, they’d managed to move most of the tables and chairs to the side of the room leaving a large open space for them to dance. Sehun went into Junmyeon’s office and came back with a pair of speakers. Yixing rummaged through is backpack, taking out his dancing shoes and his IPod. He plugged it into the speakers, scrolling down to find the right song.

“Wait, who’s going to be the judge?” asked Minseok.

“I’ll call a few of my friends to come,” Jongin said.

“But then they’ll be biased. Minseok, call Baekhyun and Chanyeol then,” Luhan declared. Minseok snorted derisively but whipped his phone out anyways. Jongin did the same, calling his own friends.

In about thirty minutes, the four of them arrived. Baekhyun and Chanyeol entered the restaurant with huge grins on their faces. And soon after, Tao and Kyungsoo came. It took another five minutes for everyone to be introduced to one another. Once everyone was acquainted, Yixing clapped his hands together.

“Alright, you four judges just have to pick which couple dances best. That’s not hard, right?” Yixing said. The four of them nodded. “Is everybody ready?”

“Are you sure about this? My dance skills are nowhere near as good as Jongin’s,” Kris whispered in Yixing’s ear. The dancer smiled.

“I trust you,” he murmured back, his warm breath tickling Kris’ ear and making chills run up his spine.

“Ready? Begin,” said Yixing as he pressed play. It was a slow song, perfect for couple dancing. The couples started dancing, their movements slightly awkward at first while they attempted to get the footing right. Yixing and Kris started off easily, one of their hands held the other’s while Yixing placed his other hand on Kris’ shoulder. Kris’ free hand rested on Yixing’s waist, squeezing it lovingly. A shy, sweet smile grew on the dancer’s face and Kris’ heart fluttered in response.

The two lovers got lost in their own world, their eyes locked, their bodies pulled flush as they swayed to the music.

When the music ended, it was almost painful to let go. But, they reluctantly did, still holding hands however. The four judges clapped and whooped, Chanyeol’s boisterous, deep voice reverberating loudest. The couples bowed together while laughing lightheartedly.

Then, the four judges consulted to decide the winner.

And the winning couple was…

“All of you!” Chanyeol boomed. He grinned ecstatically as he applauded. The other three nodded along, clapping much more calmly than him.

“What? No way, that’s stupid!” Sehun protested.

“I agree with him,” Jongin exclaimed. “You can’t just do that to us.”

“Exactly, there has to be one winning couple,” Luhan stated slowly.

“Hey, it’s their decision and they have crowned everyone the winner,” said Yixing.

Kris threw his head back and laughed with no reserve. It was true; Zhang Yixing never made a bet unless he was certain that he’d win. He started a chain reaction of laughter as the entire room filled with the joyous noise. Those who were not friends before became friends then. Those who were already friends became closer. And those who were lovers loved one another more.

“I’ve got an idea! Let’s take a picture together!” Luhan shouted happily as he took his camera out of his bag.

“What? No!” Minseok immediately yelled back.

“Come on, please?” Luhan begged. “Get together people, we’re taking a commemorative photo.”

“You just ignored me,” Minseok complained, “I didn’t even answer you yet.”

Meanwhile, the rest of the group was piling together and getting into position for the picture. Kyungsoo and Tao stood beside Baekhyun and Chanyeol, slinging their arms around each others’ shoulders. Jongin had his arms around Jongdae from behind, resting his chin on the man’s shoulder. Next to them were Sehun and Junmyeon with Junmyeon’s head settled into the crook of Sehun’s neck. Then, Yixing and Kris stood in the middle embracing one another while Kris leaned down slightly to press his cheek against Yixing’s. After struggling with Minseok for five minutes, Luhan set up the camera in front of them and dragged the poor man towards the others after pushing the button.

“Smile everyone!” Luhan cheered. He had Minseok locked in his arms as the man scowled and looked at anywhere but the camera. Right before the camera went off Luhan took Minseok’s face in his hands and kissed him passionately catching Minseok by surprise.

And in the end, the photo became a treasure for each and every one of them.

---

A/N: Okay, so this epilogue is a treat for all you wonderful readers! :) I wasn't planning on writing one but I couldn't let this story go for some reason so I just had to write this. And I know I told some of you that I'd be writing a sequel, I lied. Please feel free to shoot me but after giving it some thought I will NOT be writing a sequel. Sorry. ><

This turned out much longer than I wanted it to but oh well, it was fun writing it. lol ^^

Thanks for reading everyone, I love you guys!!! <3