Like any other morning

More than meets the eye

 

The first day of the new semester came faster than expected.
However it wasn’t like Baekho hadn’t looked forward to it.
It was always somewhat exciting to meet his new students, various faces filling the small of the art room, glistering eyes as they stared in awe at the works of their seniors hanging on the walls.

He knew by now that only half of those students would make it through the first semester and only a couple of the remaining eyes would maintain their excited glint throughout the next three years.
It were those students he loved his work for because even as he saw people come and leave like the wind, people changing for better or worse, some breaking under the pressure and expectation there was always a little handful of student that would maintain their love and affection for art.

Even though sometimes it took all of Baekho’s willpower and tons of encouraging words to form that affection or uphold the student’s confidence in their own works, those couple student who managed where what he worked for.

He got to class early like every other morning, always taking a bus earlier to save him some time to fix up the room, sort color tubes and rearrange the easels.
The last 10 minutes before the start of class he’d take to position the mannequins in the middle of the room, redo the draping of fabrics to make it look more dimensional, give it a more interesting composition and adding little details and folds.
It was still a struggle sometimes, working as an art instructor at a fashion school instead of an art college, it was different but he’d grown accustomed to it.

With his grey knit sweater that had seen better days and the khaki colored pleat pants clutching to his legs he was far from fashionable but luckily he couldn’t care less to be considered the black sheep in a location where Armani suits and Gucci dresses reigned.
He’d never been interested in fashion and the trigger to get him his position had been the mere fact that his knowledge about art and his unconventional way of teaching went well with the schools philosophy and were highly acknowledged by the headmaster.
His lack of interest in attending fashion events was rather welcomed as well for the school not having to fear embarrassment from his inappropriate appearance.
He didn’t mind it that much.
He had a clear understanding on how the school aimed to present itself to the public and Baekho was far from fitting into that picture, he definitely agreed with that.

Baekho was almost dancing through the room as he rearranged some minor details when someone knocked at the door.
He turned around and was presented with the gummy smile of his colleague, one of the few people in this place who had an equal lack of understanding towards the whole world of fashion and glamour.

"Morning early bird!" the elder greeted and Baekho raised his hand in a silent greeting a bright smile on his face.
"You're early today." He noted and the other rolled his eyes.
"First day being the official model scout, they ordered me in extra early to go through the details of the castings again." he explained and Baekho nodded with fake awe.
"You're officially holding an important position my friend. You're obviously climbing the ladder."
He stated in a teasing tone earning him a short glare that soon got replaced by an uneasy smile.

"Feels more like being degraded." He mumbled and Baekho laughed.
"All set for the mob of new students coming?" he added and Baekho nodded while looking around the room.
"Prepared as could be." He said and pushed one of the easels just a notch to the left. 
"Seems like it. Well I'm off...don't let them mess with you too much." the elder said and Baekho gave him a thumbs up.

He sighed and his eyes travelled to the clock on the wall.
Five more minutes until the students would start filling in for his class.
He couldn't deny it; he was utterly excited to meet them.
 

 

(Note: I'm sorry...I know the length of this does not even justify it to be called a chapter...but I wanted to leave you with something so you guys see I'm actually working on this! Let me know how you like it so far? maybe? I would appreciate it ^^;...and yes there are cameos from other fandoms as you might have guessed...I really donno if it's good or bad but OCs don't sound too appealing either...)