Waking Up

All These Years

Jaejoong felt drowsy. He knew that he had drank too much the previous night but he couldn't remember how he got home. He must've either walked or called a cab since he knows that he didn't drive home with an alcohol level way above the limit. He felt cozy in his own clothing. But he also felt someone next to him. 

His eyes fluttered open and he moaned. Blinking his eyes to clear his head, he turned his attention to the place where he felt he was being touched. He was shocked.

His eyes flew wide opened as he saw a dreaming Yunho next to him. He couldn't believe this sight! He rubbed his eyes with his freehand and opened them again. Yunho was still there. There was no question about it. He flew up and just sat there. Looking around the house.

He knew this place, it was the one place that he had lived in for a long time before Yoochun, Junsu, and himself left DBSK. 

Jaejoong didn't know what emotions he were supposed to feel. Was he supposed to be happy? Angry? Apologetic? Sad? Desperate? His head became a bundle of different feelings that he had never known of before, not since three years ago when he decided to leave Yunho. He remembered how Changmin wouldn't let go of his shirt and Jaejoong had to prowl Changmin off of him. Changmin was hurting the most, he would miss Jaejoong's cooking and calling him "Umma" while kissing up to him so Jaejoong would get what Changmin wanted. When Jaejoong left, he was hurt and depressed. 

The leader of JYJ rememberd how he had cried for days thinking about how the hell in the world he made this decision to leave Changmin and Yunho behind. How he wondered for two years before the duo's comeback about how they did and how they pulled through without the other three. He knew that both Changmin and Yunho had to struggle much more than before to keep the TVXQ name alive. 

He tried to lock them out of his mind, but they kept coming back to haunt him day after day, night after night. 

However, out of the two, he drempt and thought of Yunho more than anyone else. He knew that the two didn't leave on good terms and it was partially Jaejoong's fault. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't come to get Yunho out of his mind. Every moment that Jaejoong breathed, the memories of Yunho revived with his own breath. He drank, smoked, and was depressed for days before he had finally gotten up on his feet with the help of Junsu and Yoochun. He felt like the two were there for him when Yunho wasn't. 

Jaejoong understood that as the leader of DBSK, Yunho had to stay loyal to SM in order to keep the name alive. But what he couldn't understand was why he was against JYJ and sided with SM instead. He knew about the unfair treatment that the other three members had recieved but why didn't he say anything about it? If he had loved Jaejoong so much, why didn't he stand up for his lover. Instead, he went against him. Not to mention all the scandals that had occurred once they left DBSK. New spread around secretly that Yunho was dating BoA and the next year he was going out with Go Ara. The old Yunho that Jaejoong loved and knew so dearly wasn't a player and those secrets hurt Jaejoong because they meant that he didn't love him anymore. 

"...hmm?" Yunho moaned. It snapped Jaejoong out of his deep thoughts and threw him back to reality.

"Y-Y-Yunho? Why am I in your house?"

Another moan came out of Yunho's mouth as he tried to revive his body back to life. "Jae? Don't you remember? Oh, of course you don't. You were drunk Jae. I had to take you in so those stupid stalker fans wouldn't spread rumors about you. That would bring a bad image to both you and me. To DBSK."

"...oh." Was all Jaejoong could say. 

"Well, shouldn't you be taking your leave now? Go Ara's coming soon and so is Changmin. I don't want to relive what happened three years ago with an addition of my girlfriend. It wouldn't be right to treat her like that. And Changmin would be angry and might cause a scene. So I suggest that you take your leave soon." Yunho suggested as he got up from his previous position and left for the bathroom.

"Sorry Yunho. I won't come here anymore." Jaejoong responded as Yunho left him there. He noticed that his eyes were wet with tears and they flowed gently down his cheek.

His apology stopped Yunho in his tracks. He replied, "Y-You've been here before...?"

"Yes" 

"Jae. How many times do I have to tell you that we're over? That I'm dating someone else now? Jae, our relationship hit rock bottom the day you left me and Changmin. Do you realize how much PAIN and ANGUISH you've caused Changmin and me? He was delusional for days thinking that no one loved him anymore. I had never seen our maknae be so weak and depressed in my life! Not to mention that you didn't even consider my feelings for you the day you left. You didn't even tell me you guys were leaving. I had to learn that through Sooman sunbae! My boss! Do you realize how EMBARASSING that is for me? How I didn'r even know my own members anymore?! Don't think that I didn't know that you went to play with other guys as well after you left us. You left ME Jaejoong. I didn't leave you."

Jaejoong only cried harder. His shoulders shook violently by the time Yunho finished ranting. But something triggered him to say something, to respond with his own heart that he had been trying to bury for the past three years. 

He exploded and jumped up from his sitting position and yelled, "You think that I didn't hurt when I left? Do you know how much depression I went through? I was almost sent to the emergency room after a week because I had been drinking so much! You think that I didn't care? NO YUNHO. I DID CARE. Where were you on the days I had cried the hardest? The most rought times since out trainee days? You weren't HOME Yunho. Yoochun and Junsu took care of me! Don't think that I didn't know what was going on! You were defending the criminal, not the victim! You would NEVER understand how much the three of us were going through. Not getting paid for what we worked so hard for, not getting treated right because SM had grudges against us! Your ego got in your way and you ignored all of us! You weren't fit to be called "Leader" Yunho, and you were even less fit to be called my "Lover" after what had happened. I thought I had known you Yunho. I even offered you to leave with us so we could build a better DBSK together! But you rejected and put yoru loyalty where you ego belonged, with SM."

Jaejoong had never been so relieved in his life after ranting half of what he wanted to say. He felt free and justified. He should've told Yunho this a long time ago. 

Yunho stood there, staring at Jaejoong. All the memories from three years ago rushed back in his head. He remembered staying in his room alone feeling betrayed the day the three of them left. Jaejoong was the last to leave the house and he didn't even say goodbye to Yunho. All the things that the had shared together for almost a decade disappeared just like that. 

"Y-Y-Yunho...?" Jaejoong asked as he stared at the frozen leader. He had never seen Yunho so shocked in his whole life. When he recieved no response, he took a few steps towards the man.

"N-N-N-No. No. No. No. Jaejoong don't come towards me. Leave, if you're hurting so much and so disgusted of me, then just leave. I don't want to cause you anymore pain. You shouldn't have came here Jaejoong." Yunho finally replied.

"No, Yunho. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come here. But I'm glad I did because I could finally tell you what I had hidden from you for years now. I should've told you sooner. Maybe if I did, we wouldn't be like this." Jaejoong said after he had calmed down.

He took his leave, trying to put on his shoes at the door and when he finished he said one last thing, "You know...that I never stopped loving you right? No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do it. I've tried to cut you out of my mind for three years now but I always find myself wanting to jump back in your arms and start all over again," He chuckled. "too bad we can't do that now. Not in this current situation. I'm sorry that I disturbed you, Yunho. But I wanted to let you know how I felt towards you. I needed you to know that I never hated you Yunho, I never could. Loving you is my one and only flaw, you're stuck in my heart forever and you always will be. Goodbye ...Yunho." He finished as he stepped out the door and shut it behind him. 

Tears flowed from Yunho's eyes. All the misunderstandings and aruguments they had were cleared with that. 

Minutes later, Yunho finally came back to reality and realized that he shared the same feeling with Jaejoong. Love. He couldn't hate Jae. He never could. 

So with that justified in his head, he stripped off his robe and ran after Jaejoong barefoot. His long legs were put into motion but he could see that it was too late. Jaejoong had already disappeared from his sight and left him. He saw the bus driving away from the station and he tried to chase after it, but even his athletic body could not keep up with modern transportation. And with that, all his love and  feelings for Jaejoong left with the man he could never hate. 

Yunho approached the bench under the porch at the station. He sat down, buried his face in his hands, and cried like he had never before. Letting all his feelings out in a single sitting.

"Y-Yunho?"

Jaejoong? Yunho thought. He slowly turned his head towards the voice and saw a messy haired Jaejoong standing by the side of the porch. 

His eyes widended at the sight of Jaejoong.

"W-What? I thought you l-left with the bus..."

"No Yunho. I purposely missed it to see if you would come..."Jaejoong said as he approached Yunho. 

Nothing else came out of Yunho's mouth as he stood up, took a huge stride towards Jaejoong, and hugged the man tightly against his chest. 

"I thought-I thought that you were leaving me again Jae. After all these years. You would leave me alone. A-again." Yunho sobbed as he tried to make the words out of his mouth. 

Jaejoong stood there, hugging his beloved leader back and rubbing circles against his back. "Yunho, you're barefoot. You're gonna get hurt if you keep walking like that..." He whispered against Yunho's chest. 

"N-N-None of that matters right now Jae, no amout of physical pain will keep me from embracing you again." Yunho replied. 

Jaejoong bursted into tears. He buried his face deep into Yunho's neck and cried with his lover. 

Finally, Yunho let go. Holding up Jaejoong's face, he saw how much his lover had aged in the few years he had not seen him. Even the make-up could not cover Jaejoog's heavy eyebags and tired looking face. He saw how he had thinned from tiring practices and lonely nights. 

Jaejoong tried to push his hand away, but Yunho had them cuffed behind his back with one hand while the other held up Jaejoong's face. 

Yunho leaned in, gently touching his lips with Jaejoong's. The mere contact made Jaejoong go crazy. He had not experienced this feeling in a three years. 

Jaejoong kissed him back, but both men kept their kisses innocent and loving. 

"...Yunho...I love you."

Yunho held him against his chest again, "I know Jaejoong. I realized that the minute you came to my house as a drunk man who would whisper my name over and over again in your dreams. I missed you Jae. Promised to me that you will never let me go."

Jaejoong put his hands up Yunho's chest and looked up, staring into his lover's beautiful, almmond eyes. "I promise." He said, as he sealed his promise with a kiss.