Hurting

All These Years

"One more drink...just lemme have one more and i'll leave..."Jaejoong said to the bartender. 

"No. No more Jaejoong, you need to go home. Should I call Yoochun or Junsu to pick you up?" The bartender replied

"N-No...its okay, I'll take a taxi home. It's not that far away anyways...what time is it hyung?"

The bartender took a peak at the clock. "It's 2:30 AM Jae. Go home."

"Fine...can you call a cab for me?" 

"Kay..gimme a second. I'll be right back. Don't steal anymore drinks from the counter okay? You're going to ruin your body if you do anymore drinking tonight..."

"Sur-re hyung. No promises though." Jaejoong chuckled.

The bartender came back two minutes later. "Just give him your address and he'll take you there. I even took care of the charge for you. He's an old friend of mine."

"Thanks hyung..."

"Now, go wait outside. He'll be here in a couple of minutes."

"Goodbye hyung...thanks for taking care of me..." Jaejoong responded as he wobbled out of his chair and started to walk towards the door. 

"Aish. Jae! You're jacket!"

Jaejoong turned around and wobbled back, picking up his jacket from the chair and smiled at the bartender. "Thanks."

The cold air felt refreshing as he stepped outside into the dark. The cab arrived shortly after.

"Sir, address please."

Jaejoong read him the address that he wanted to be sent to. Without even realizing it, he gave the cab driver the address of his old home. The one which all five of the members of the legendary DBSK used to live in. 

Just moments later, they arrived. He thanked the cab driver and waved to him like a mindless idiot as the driver drove off into the street. 

Jaejoong proceeded to knock on the front door of the cozy looking house. He felt like he was at home. Except it was the wrong home to be at.

"Yoochun? Junsu? Open the door! I forgot my keys!" He yelled as he knocked on the door and rang the doorbell over and over again. 

The noise agitated a surprised Yunho.

He got up from his bed and turned the light on in the living room, wondering if it was another crazy Saesang fan knocking at his door again.

"Aish. This time of day? Come on! Gimme a break!" He murmured to himself. 

Without even checking who was at the door, he opened it. Eyes wide with surprise, he found a very drunk and mindless Jaejoong standing at the door. He has never seen his ex-lover be in so much thoughtlessness and absent-mindedness. The leader of the duo was more surprised than he'd ever been. He even slapped himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming. Luckily, Changmin wasn't home. Or else he would've gone crazy and made the situation worse and more complicated than it already was.

"Yoochun ah. I'm home. Hyung is home from splurging his mind. Did I worry you? Did I wake you up? Sorry Chun...hyung's is hurting alot. Now, more than ever." Jaejoong whispered as he stood at the door, leaning against Yunho's chest for support. 

Yunho blushed. He had mixed emotions that crowded up in his head. He didn't know how to react so he made  a smart move and pretended to be Yoochun. 

"Jae-Jaejoong. Hyung. Let's get you inside shall we? It's cold and bitter out. You don't wanna get sick do you?"

"Ah...yes. Thanks Chunnie."

Yunho carried Jaejoong on his back and flopped down his body on the couch. Jaejoong was almost snoring immediately after being dropped off.

W-W-What do I do? Why did Jaejoong come here? It's been so long...how do I react? Should I tell him that it's me and not Yoochun? What will happen if Changmin comes back? He'll be enraged and confused at the same time. Jaejoong hasn't seen us in three years and I don't think I'v ever forgiven him for leaving us...what do I do now?

Jaejoong's sudden murmurs startled Yunho and snapped him out of his thoughts. 

"Yunho? Baby? Don't leave me...why are you stepping away? What happened to us? Why are you leaving me?"

That's silly Jaejoong. You were the one that left me. You left our family. You left Changmin alone. How do you think he felt?

Jaejoong went back to snoring again. But this time, tears formed at the ends of his eyes and drifted down his rosy, red cheeks. 

Without giving it much thought, Yunho sat cross-legged next to Jaejoong by the couch and moved his hand over Jaejoong's face. He wiped his tears gently, wanting to know why Jaejoong was hurting so much on the inside. Why he was drunk and ended up at their old house. Did he want to come back? But even if he did, then why did he leave in the first place?

Yunho knew the answer to that but was too afraid to admit it. They had fought over fairness and their contracts before the three of them left. He could still remember their aruguments to this day. He could never forget them. He never wanted to let Jaejoong go. It was his lover's own choice to leave. Jae left him with no options. 

A very tired Yunho soon fell asleep next to Jaejoong on the floor. His head leaning against Jae's body on the couch and his hands slowly creeping up to touch Jae's and from that moment on, he knew that he had forgiven Jae (for the moment). He wanted to embrace the man in front of him. Start fresh and clean with Jae. But in the current situation, he knew that it was impossible to do what he had desired. The lawsuit was the brick wall that seperated both men from each other. The physical and emotional pain that it bought was too great to be forgotten...it was the wall that both tried to overcome but could never succeed.