Dinner After Work

Prisoner of Life |Discontinued|
Please log in to read the full chapter

On Monday the next week, Youngae came up to Kiseop again. She was rather straightforward this time.

"Do you wanna go out Friday night?" she asked.

Kiseop was taken aback at this direct approach, but before he could stop himself he felt his mouth opening on its own and his lips and tongue forming a word. "Yes."

Youngae looked like she hadn't expected a positive answer, at least not this quick, and almost looked a little embarrassed. "Good." There were a few seconds of silence. "Um, wanna go out for dinner after work?"

"Sure."

Youngae smiled. Then she turned around to go and continue with her work.

Kiseop had to sit down on a chair. An older woman – okay, not that much older, but older still – had just asked him out. For dinner. And he had said yes. It was too much at once. He had to remind himself to breathe, breathe, in and out, in and out, breathe...


---------------


When Kiseop came home that evening, he immediately went to Kevin for advice.

"I'm going out with Youngae-noona on Friday," Kiseop told the younger boy, trying to sound indifferent, like his feelings and thoughts and worries were not a big mess inside him.

"You are?" Kevin answered, his eyes shining. "Congratulations!"

"Yeah, well..." Kiseop shrugged, trying to stay cool. He casually leaned against the doorcase for effect.

"I can already hear the wedding bells!" Kevin continued, ignoring Kiseop.

Kiseop's shoulder slid off the doorcase and he fell backwards, grabbing the wood before it was too late and pulled himself up again.

"Please don't say things like that again," he muttered.

"Sorry?" Kevin said, oblivious to Kiseop's almost-fall and what he had said. He didn't wait for an answer, though, impatient like always. "What are you gonna do on your date?"

Kiseop groaned inwardly when Kevin emphasized the last word. "We're just going out for dinner. It's not a date..."

"Dinner? That's definitely a date!" Kevin rubbed his hands together, his smile almost painfully bright. "I'm so excited!"

"Excuse me?" Kiseop gawked at the blond. Did he just say he was excited?

"You have to let me choose your clothes!" Kevin clapped his hands together

Please log in to read the full chapter