My Soulmate

The Golden Bunny

Sunday morning. B.A.P’s already finished with their album promotions and most of the activities this year. This was supposed to be a lazy day but it seems like most of us has got something to do.

Manager-hyungnim went out to discuss about something regarding out new album concept next year with some professional producers and composers outside. In my opinion, he doesn’t even need to do it because we have Yongguk-hyung here.

Speaking of him, Yongguk-hyung locked himself up in his and Himchan-hyung’s shared room for a good two hours since we woke up at 7AM. He’s probably watching some war movies again. I swear I could hear his deep, yet, loud voice from the living room.

Daehyun-hyung said he’s going out a date when all of us, except Youngjae-hyung, knew he’s just going to some restaurant and order all of the food from the menu. He’s really clueless about what’s happening in our dorm because for him, his food is more important than someone here who’s willing to do anything for him.

Youngjae-hyung also locked himself up in his and Daehyun-hyung’s shared room. He said he’ll just be listening to some music. I think he’s lying, so maknae and I made a bet to see if he was crying or not.

I bet for whooping 40,000 WON and Junhong bet for a price twice it. I wonder where he got that money of his.

Anyways, I knew Youngjae-hyung had a thing for Daehyun-hyung, but always denied it whenever I asked him if it was true. He would just change the topic just to get away from the horrible question. I knew it because recently, I’ve been noticing that whenever Daehyun-hyung got a little close to, or to have a small skinship to the other members, he would always throw tantrums for no reasons.

Moving on...

Junhong and I are at the living room. I was staring blankly at the TV screen which was showing uninteresting programs. Junhong’s already finished washing the clothes and now he’s flipping through the channels absentmindedly, looking for an interesting show to watch. Unfortunately, after pressing the same button for several times already, the channel got back from where it started.

Junhong let out a frustrated sigh, a silent curse escaped from his lips after that. “Yah, watch your mouth...” I reprimanded in a bored tone, not bothering to look at the latter. I heard him mumble a soft “sorry” as he slouched back down to the couch.

Finally, our ever so pretty (and ever so bullied) visual, Himchan-hyung. He’s currently doing some cleaning at the backyard of our house-like dorm. It’s been a century since we last cleaned our dorm.

I like it when he cleans. The way his body move with grace as he left the area clean and spotless of dirt. The way he wipes those tiny, glistening bits of liquid from his forehead so beautifully that it looks like stars, it makes my heart skip a beat, and I don’t even know the reason.

I like it when he always call for me, shouting “Jongup-ah~! Jongup-ah~!” all over the dorm. Evwn if I’m at the other side of the house, I will always come to him and do what he wants me to do. Don’t get me wrong. I just really like his company. It makes me feel at ease.

I kind of like it when I look at him. I don’t know if he’s a pabo-hyung for not noticing me even if I’m already staring at him for good ten minutes already or he’s just too naïve.

I like it when he changes his hairstyle. He suits with brown hair, black hair, dark blue hair and even blonde would fit him. I swear he looks like and English prince whenever pulls off that hair color.

I also love his eyes. His freaking big doe eyes which turn into a crescent-shape when he smiles. I swear I could see heaven whenever I look right into his eyes.

Tracing downwards, I would always notice his nose. It’s not too flat, not too small, nor too big, nor too pointy. His nose is at its right size, shape and structure.

And finally, his lips. Those pair of kissable-looking, soft-looking lips. I don’t know if I should call it plump, pink or red... It just contrasts to his soft, milky white skin. His lady-like lips which extend when he’s happy and turn into a pout when there’s something he’s annoyed about, or just when he likes it.

Those lips that reveal his bunny teeth when he’s smiling. The smile that could only belong to B.A.P’s visual, Kim Himchan.

I also like it when he took selcas of himself. Comparing his selcas –if I mean Himchan-hyung’s selcas, I talk about his cute, seductive, quirky, poker face selcas- to mine and maknae’s, our quirky, mischievous ones are no match to his.

But despite perfections on his physical appearance, there are some little flaws he has. One flaw is his idiocy. Yep, Himchan-hyung is an idiot. A big one. I still remember the time when we had a mini-cooking contest almost a year back.

I mean, who in the world would get a hot dish from the oven without even wearing pot holders??? Himchan-hyung does...

Second flaw is him being such a bossy and a loud person.

Other members don’t like it because he always orders us around. But, I’m happy though. Other members, and even manager-hyungnim asked me if I like or have a slight crush on Himchan-hyung because I’m the only one who listens to him eagerly, but I always say no.

I don’t like “like” Himchan-hyung. There’s no way I have that kind of feeling towards Himchan-hyung. I just look up t him as my hyung, and that would stay forever.

I always adore his voice. His deep, soothing and calm voice contrasts with his cute, baby face.

Even though he has few flaws, all of it makes him a complete person. Not perfect, yet complete.  He’s got the looks, the brains, the humor, the pabo-ness and the attitude. I guess he’s also got some talent even though he’s not a lead or main anything in our group.

He’s got talent making other people laugh, talent in playing several musical instruments, talent in MC-ing, talent in taking selcas [yes, I consider it as a talent], and above all, talent in making other people love and fall in love with him.

“...yung... YAH, HYUNG!!!”

I heard someone call, then felt a smack on the head by a pillow, having me out of trance.  I realized it was Junhong who hit me. I attempted to hit him back but I thought he has something to day. He told me that he wanted to go to a fortune teller.

Then, I thought for a bit... Why would he want to go to a fortune teller???

“Why would you want to go to a fortune teller?” I asked carefully, looking suspiciously at him. “I don’t know. I’m bored” he just said with a yawn and stood up, as if he’s already getting ready for our leave.

I guess it’s not that bad... Maybe I’ll just go with him......

---

After we dressed ourselves, we decided to ask permission from the hyungs. Of course, we didn’t bother to ask Yongguk-hyung and headed straight to Youngjae-hyung instead. When we knocked on the door, expecting a bright and cheerful Youngjae-hyung, it creaked open.

The room was dark even though it’s still sunny outside. Few seconds later, the room revealed an emo-like Youngjae-hyung, a dark aura emitting and surrounding him. I don’t know why but I just felt goosebumps, and I guess Junhong felt it too.

True, it’s creepy.

Only half of Youngjae-hyung’s face could be seen from the inside, including the hand that could be seen on the door. “What do you want?”  he said in a rather raspy and gloomy voice. We both looked at his eyes, and they were red. His cheeks were also puffy. I bet he cried.

I’m lost of words to answer, so I just urged Junhong to answer him by nudging his waist with my elbow. “W-we just wanted to know if you would like to come with us to the fortune teller...” maknae stuttered. Then, Youngjae-hyung started eyeing us and suddenly slammed the door shut.

Well, I’ll take that as a no...

Okay, only one hyung left. I was excited to ask him but annoying maknae was so fast that he got the approval of my face hyung first. Annoying maknae... always get what he wants first...

 

---

 

“Next!” a girl in a black dress came out from the purple tent, indicating that it’s time for the next customers. Junhong immediately shot up from his seat and went inside the purple tent.

Once we got inside, I immediately looked around, just as I used to when I was still a trainee.  The tent was dark, maybe even darker than Youngjae-hyung’s room. It looked much spacious from the inside. My eyes first landed to the shelved filled with several jars. There were some things floating inside each jar, each of it has its own shape.

I was about to ask it to the fortune teller when Jello suddenly ran to the shelves, examining it one by one. After observing it, he turned to look at me with a quite disgusted face as if he was about to puke, then he looked at the fortune teller.

“F-fortune teller-sshi, a-are these e-eyeballs a-and i-internal or-o-organs?” he stuttered, disgust is evident in his voice. I just stood there; shivers ran down through my spine as he said those words. My stomach just turned and now I’m about to puke that I covered my mouth in abhorrence.

I looked at the fortune teller for the first time.

She was covered I a black lace coat, the light from the candle illuminates her whole being. Then, her eyes met with mine, another shiver ran down through my spine, sending chills throughout my body. I don’t know if she uses contact lens because her eyes were pure white. Her nose is small and her lips were crimson red as a fresh blood. Her pale skin was white as a zombie’s.

I gulped a bit. Her appearance was just a sinister. Her herself is a definition of ghostly. It’s like horror movie came to life. Creepy. Very creepy.

Good thing she didn’t answer because if maknae’s guess was right, I would probably throw out all over this strange place. She signaled us to sit n front of her. Once we sat across her, I immediately felt a strong force radiating throughout my body, suffocating me little by little.

“You...” she said, pointing her two-inch, black-coated fingernail at the maknae. “N-neh?” he asked with a trembling voice. The fortune teller put her hand down and placed it on a crystal-like ball. “You’re here to find out who’s going to be your soul mate, right?”

With that, Jello widened his eyes and nodded in disbelief. She started looking at the ball and to our surprise, the ball suddenly glowed and lit up, revealing the fortune teller’s beautiful face.

After a few moments, the light from the crystal suddenly went off. The fortune teller told us that it may be impossible for Junhong to find his soul mate. We paid our bills before leaving. Just as I was about to lift up the cloth of the tent, I heard the fortune teller call my name in a rather tempting tone.

“You boy… the shorter one…” she called, her voice changed. As if hypnotized, I quickly turned my head to her. She was signaling me to come over, and so I did. I could hear Junhong calling me from the outside but I chose to ignore it because my eyes were already fixed on the fortune teller’s pure white ones.

“Do you want to know who your soul mate is?” she offered, a smirk formed on her crimson red lips. I nodded.

Who wouldn’t want to know his or her soul mate?

As I nod, an image suddenly flashed in my head and it’s gone after a nanosecond. She then held my hand, which was I having no clue why it was on the table on the first place. I looked at her, realizing the situation I was in.

Her eyes glowed, together with the crystal ball. Her voice changed again as she spoke some words in a language I couldn’t even recognize. After some time, the tent-room was dark once again. I was panting, but she has already composed herself.

“At 9AM sharp this very day, you will meet your soul mate. That moment, a golden bunny will fall from the sky and it will lead you to an accident. The first person you’ll see once you open your eyes after the accident is your soul mate...” she said in her normal voice.

I opened my mouth to say something but someone prevented me from doing that. “Hyung! What are you still doing there?! Ppalli!!! I’m hungry~!” I heard Junhong shout. I looked at him and he was glaring at the fortune teller. I stood up and left the table, but I swear I could hear someone said in my mind.

‘Remember my words, boy...’

 

---

 

While walking home, I told Jello everything what happened between me and the fortune teller. “I don’t believe her!” he said while frowning, crossing his arms over his chest. We were now in front of our very dorm and maknae hadn’t changed his facial expression yet.

I set my alarm at exact 9AM to know if what the fortune teller said was real. As I was thinking who it could be, I notice that my shoelaces were not properly tied. I tied it so I won’t trip over it and let Junhong walk ahead of me.

“Jongup-ah, watch out!!!!!!!!!”

Shocked, I looked up to see who it was, but it was already too late.

               ~ ~ Hwa jom naejima hajima jebal geureojima~ Jjajeungna yeorina neol saranghajanha~ ~

“Oh my God, Jongup-ah! Gwaenchanhayo?” I heard a worried voice calling for me. Before I could open my eyes, I already felt a stinging pain in my back and a vibration inside my pocket. It’s 9AM and I got in an accident, but no golden bunny.

Out of frustration, I decided to open my eyes, and my eyes first saw a blonde hair that looks gold because the sun has shone over it, then a pair of big doe eyes and finally, two bunny teeth. “H-Himchan-hyung?!” I exclaimed in shock when I saw him.

“Jongup-ah, are you hurt?” he asked me, worry written all over his face. Travelling down, I suddenly realized our position – an awkward one. Both of his legs are at both of his sides and he’s sitting right on top of my stomach.

“Uhm... Hyung, you may get off now...” I said and looked away, feeling embarrassed. I don’t know why it’s happening but I felt like my heartbeat was beating twice faster than usual, and I’m feeling warm all over my body. I felt Himchan-hyung already got off of me and I felt all of the abnormalities happening inside my body stopped.

After that, I also sat up and none of us spoke anything, until Junhong came out to ask what had happened. “Hyung, why are you both sitting on the ground?” And why did I hear ‘Watch out!’ earlier????” He asked.

Himchan-hyung stood up and looked up our balcony. “I don’t know... I thought I just fell from the sky...”

I was easily stunned by his words. The fortune teller’s prediction rang in my mind once again.

     - I’ll meet my soul mate at 9AM; check.

     - I’ll get in an accident; check.

     - A golden bunny [a.k.a Himchan-hyug with blonde/gold hair and bunny teeth] will fall from the sky

     - The first person I’ll see after the accident is my soul mate; check.

It’s him.

My soul mate.

Himchan-hyung.

Kim Himchan-hyung is my soul mate...