The Husband

The Husband

In a dimmed classical bedroom, lay two female figures in their shared bed. The king sized bed is surrounded by spacial rectangular wooden floor and baby blue-pink walls.

 

One of them is already asleep and another one is wide awake.

 

Why?

 

She simply couldn’t fall asleep like her hubby after a wasted hours of trying to do so.

 

A lot of thoughts are popping like crazy in her head, and they’re all about the past. The past of her love life with a certain brunette in her arms. Eyes staring lovingly at her.

 

She traced her palm on the brunette’s cheek. It feels so soft. Just like how her lover’s love for her, it’s gentle. It’s harmless. It’s protecting her from this cruel world and makes her feel safe.

 

She smiled to herself as this thought flow to another thought, or rather a memory, of times when this cute girl tried her hardest to get her as a girlfriend.

 

A lone tear unconciously escaped from her eyes down to her soft pillow.

 

Did you ever have a thought of what you really mean to me?

 

Here I tell you.

 

The first time we met, I thought you were a cold-hearted girl. It was pretty obvious by the fact that you didn’t talk much to everybody but those who are close to you.

 

As time passed by, that first impression went wrong, not even near.

 

You are the warmest girl I’ve ever met. You have the sweetest smile I’ve ever seen. Most important thing is that you’re the most caring person I’ve ever know aside from my mother.

 

We became best of friends like what other people called us. You were always there for me whenever I need a shoulder to lean on, ears to hear my rambling on, but being a dense human I was, I never realized it.

 

Our friendship grew stronger, even fonder.

 

Some friends of mine in our school even told me that we look cute like bickering sisters. One that made me a bit shocked was when they said that we look more of a couple.

 

I sort of freaked out when you started to get way too clingy to me compared to your other best friends. You even called ourselves as husband and wife, I was your hubby and you were my wifey.

 

And the moment you finally gathered all of your courage and confessed to me, my whole body felt numb. My brain didn’t do its job well but thoughts started to clouding my mind.

 

Our religion, our culture, our society, even our parents, siblings and relatives, they were all against ‘that’ kind of relationships. It made me worried like crazy.

 

You looked like a nervous wreck back then while waiting for my answer.

 

How did you expect it to go?

 

I wasn’t ready to face them nor I wanted them to judge me, so I rejected you with harsh words and cruel act. Another tears flowing out of my eyes at this moment.

 

I called you names then told you to stay away from me. Inside, I felt like my heart was broken when I saw you smiled bitterly and left me with ‘sorry’s.

 

Days passed, I hadn’t had see you this while until a close friend of yours told me that you never came to your classes.

 

Where were you? Why weren’t you attending your class? Were you okay?

 

I was like thrown to the deepest ground as your sister, Krystal, said that you caught cold the night after your confession. What saddened me the most was because you were stressed out.

 

My love, were you stressed out because of me, my rejection?

 

More tears flowing down onto my cheek. I made you suffer much more than those that I can’t even remember all the things you did to have me as your girlfriend.

 

When I walked passed by you, I’d just turn my face away like we had never been friends, but you’d only smile sweetly at me.

 

When you tried to talk to me, I’d just find my way so that you got no chance at all.

 

Wasn’t I deserve to be called as a jerk?

 

With no words, you suddenly left to study abroad as you received a scholarship while I was like having a sudden death heart attack the moment they told me so.

 

Like a diapered baby, I had no strength to stand on my own. I just realized that my other half was going somewhere thousands miles away from me.

 

Days, weeks, months, then years, there wasn’t any words or even news I got about you.

 

Tears after tears are now wetting my cheeks and pillow beneath my head.

 

Now that I have you back in my arms again, I will never ever let you go. No matter what others think of us, they’re not even a single dust compared to the happiness I have right now.

 

I love you Jessica Jung Sooyeon.

 

I love you to no end, my love.

 

“Tiffany?” a sleepy voice was heard from the girl in the other’s arms. Her face had a frown and her sleepy eyes were concern.

 

“are you crying? what’s wrong?” That Tiffany girl smiled, showing off her crescent eyes at her lover indicating that there was nothing wrong.

 

“nothing Jessi, just a naughty dust landed on my eyes”

 

“then it must be a lot of dust then since you’re having a pool of tears there” the older girl played along as she knew better that her loved one was lying. The hugging girl just giggled.

 

“tell me, what’s wrong?” again Jessica asked while wiping her lover’s wet cheeks lovingly.

 

“I’m just....thankful that I have you back, Jessi baby. don’t worry much” she held her baby’s tracing hands.

 

Out of nowhere the shorter of the two kissed the taller’s lips ever so gently.

 

“I’d like to say that, I love you too?” a playful slap landed on her bare arm.

 

“yah! don’t you dare make it as a question again!” they laughed happily together.

 

The atmosphere then turned into a serious romantic as they kept getting lost into each other’s attractive hazel eyes.

 

“I love you Tiff, really”

 

“I know, I love you too, hubby

 

 

 

 

***

How was that my lovely readers? Kekeke

Anyways thankyou so much for reading and subscribing, I love you all! \(^O^)/

Leave a comment please, so that I get to know what you think of my story *wink wink*