Chapter 2

Looking after a child...with them!?

 

Soomi's POV
"So...you've been friends with Henry...for five years?"

"Yep."

"So that means that you must’ve hung out with him at least once?”

"Yeah."

"So why the hell don’t I see you hang out with him when Henry comes to Korea?!?”

"Woahh!!! I don't appreciate swearing in my house."

"Oh sorry- wait WHAT?! This is your HOUSE?!"I looked around. It looked like a cafe. Besides, didn’t that paper say that it was a cafe?!

"Well it’s like my house, I own the place."
Oh...so it is a cafe...

"Anyway, getting back to the topic of the job."

"Oh yes, like one of my workers should have explained yesterday, it's only a babysitting job." 

"Uh huh."

"You're going to be babysitting my nephew, Lee Taehyun."

"Erm...Arasso...so...when do I start?" I piped. 

"Well...don't you look eager?" He chuckled.

"Can't help it, looking after kids was always my specialty."

"You know...you really remind me of your brother..." 

"Only besides the fact that I'm more awesome, right?"

"Haha you really ARE like your brother." he laughed. "OH! That's right you're not going to babysitting Taehyun by yourself."

"...why is that?"

"Well...I originally had two of my cousins to look after him." 

"And why are they still apart of it?" 

"Because it's going to be tough to look after Taehyun by yourself." 

"...O―Kay is it too late to decline?" I joked. 

"Oh, and you're gonna need to pack your stuff."

"...why?"

"You're moving in." 

"...WHAT?!?!"

"Well you're gonna have to move in to look after him" he said in an ‘it’s-obvious’ tone.

"B-But..." I sighed in defeat. "When am I moving in?"

He smiled in satisfaction. "I'll give you 3 days to get ready." 


 

I sighed and cursed at myself. 
Why did I accept this job?
Having to move into someone else's house and having to babysit a kid along with two other BOYS, BOYS I TELL YOU! 

"Miss Lau, we're here to pick you up." The chauffeur came out of the limo and opened the door for me.

"Thank You" I bowed my head a bit. I was used to this kind of things, but I hated it. I mean...I have hands too you know! I can open the door by myself!

I went inside and sat comfortably. I sighed and eased back into the seat.
Just when I was getting comfortable the car jerked to a stop.
We're here already? 
Suddenly the door opened and a boy walked in. My eyes widened. What the hell is this guy doing here?!
He was blonde (probably dyed it), he wore a mouth mask and even though you could only see half of his face, you could tell that he was handsome.

"Annyeonghaseyo." He nodded his head. Well he's polite.

"Annyeonghaseyo." I greeted back. He sat the opposite side of me and BOY was it awkward. He looked around the car whilst I looked down at my fingers.
"What's your name?" I decided to break the silence.

"Jung Daehyun, you?"

"Soomi Lau." 
He nodded his head and things went awkward again. 
My first impression of him. Quiet.

The car stopped again. This time ANOTHER boy came in. He had blonde hair as well but his fringe was highlighted blue. He was damn tall but he looked so young.

"Oh! Daehyun Hyung!" He immediately exclaimed when he saw Daehyun, who in which nodded. He turned his head and saw me.
"Oh...Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Choi Junhong, but I go by the name Zelo." he grinned as he sat next to Daehyun.

"I’m SooMi Lau." I smiled.

"Lau? You aren't a Korean Native?"

"Nope, Umma is Korean but Appa is Chinese."

"Oh...nice, you must have an interesting life!"
No kidding... I thought.
"Oh! By the way, how old are you?"

"Me? I'm 19."

"Oh! Same age as Daehyunnie Hyung." He grinned. "Then I guess you're my noona."

"Oh...?"

"Yeah, I'm 16 this year." 

"Oh Chincha...?" I nodded slowly. 

"So...Did Siwonnie Hyung ask you to babysit Taehyun?" Zelo raised an eyebrow. 

"Yeah...Siwon ssi told me that you guys were meant to be originally looking after Taehyun yourself?"

"Yup...but suddenly he told us that he wanted to add someone into it...actually...how does he know you?"

"He didn't...he knew about my family though."

"Family?" Daehyun finally spoke.

"Yeah...my family in Canada-"

"I KNEW IT!" Zelo shouted, making me and Daehyun jump. "The Lau family, the richest in Canada right?!"

"One of the richest." I corrected him. 

"Woah...that's awesome!!"

"You're one to talk, you're family is the richest next to Siwon Hyung." Daehyun spoke through his mask.

"Chincha?!" this time I exclaimed. 

"Hehe!" he felt proud. 

"Woah...Next to Siwon...that's...that's...rich!" 

"Excuse me, sirs and miss, we're here." the chauffeur told us.

"Ah Kamsahaminda." we bowed slightly got out of the car. My eyes widened at the house, no...MANSION. 
"Woah..."

"Welcome to the Park family's mansion." Zelo introduced me. We got our suitcases out and walked through the gates. 

"Woah..." I gaped as we walked to the front door which was OH SO FAR AWAY from the entrance gates. We walked through a garden. To my left was a freaking huge water fountain, to my right was a maze and just in front of me was the mansion.

"NOOOOOOONNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!" all of a sudden the door opened and I was attacked with a major huge hug.

"GYAH!" I nearly fell back but luckily for me Zelo managed to catch me. 

"NOONA I HAVENT SEEN YOU IN SO LONG I THINK I'VE GONE CRAZY PLEASE DON'T TELL ME IN HALLUCINATING WHY ARE YOU WITH ZELO AND DAEHYUN HYUNG NOONA!!!!" I looked at the person hugging me and I immediately softened.

"Taemin..."

"You remembered me!" he looked up.

"Of course, how could I forget my own baby mushroom?" I patted his head despite his tallness, dang...are all high school students this tall?!

"HOLD UP!" Zelo shouted. Me and Taemin looked at him. "How do you know Soomi noona?"

Taemin pouted and muttered. "She's my Soomi noona..." 

"Taemin and I used to live in the same neighbourhood." I explained. "What about you? How do you guys know each other?"

"He's Taehyun’s older brother."

"...EXCUSE ME?!" I nearly choked on my own saliva. 

"Yeah...didn't you know that?" Zelo cocked his head.
Daehyun ignored everything and went inside the mansion.

"Ah how could I!" Taemin slapped his forehead. "Come in." he made the door wider and allowed access for me and Zelo seeming that Daehyun decided to leave us behind. 

"Hyung!!" A little boy ran up to Taemin. My eyes sparkled at the sight of the little boy. He was sooo adorable! When he saw me, Zelo and Daehyun he immediately hid behind Taemin’s legs. 

"Ah...this is Taehyun, come on, say hello." Taemin urged his little brother to talk.

"A-Annyeonghaseyo..." Taehyun mumbled.

"Tch..." Zelo rolled his eyes.

"Unm." Daehyun turned his head.

"Annyeong." I waved a bit.

"Taehyun ah, Hyung has to go now." 

"Oh?" I stood up straight. "Where are you going?"

"Didn’t Siwon Hyung tell you? The reason why you're babysitting Taehyun is because I'm going on break for 3 months." 

"THREE MONTHS?!?" me and Zelo shouted while Daehyun stood there with wide eyes.

"Yeah."

"Ohmahgawd...I wish I was as lucky as you..." I pouted. "College life ..."
Daehyun nodded in agreement.

"What about high school?!" Zelo pouted. "Taemin hyungs lucky...our school isn't like that..."

Taemin chuckled. "Well anyway...I'm not leaving till tomorrow in the morning...so how about I show you guys to your room and a brief tour of the mansion?" 

"Yeah sure."

"That'd be great."

Nod. 

"Let's go!"We walked up the oh-so-long staircase and got to our rooms. Mine was next Daehyun's and in front of Zelo's. We placed our suitcases and belongings in there as Taemin gave us a tour.

"You guys have personal bathrooms in your rooms so Soomi noona won't have to mind about privacy and all, but just in case, there's the public bathroom." he pointed to a door. 
"This is my room and next to it is Taehyun’s room." Taemin knocked on the door. "Taehyun ah, Hyung is coming in, Arasso?"

"Neh!"Taehyun’s voice sounded from inside. Taemin carefully opened the door before he opened it fully. I gasped when I saw Taehyun’s room. It wasn't disgusting. It was FULL of TOYS and TECHNOLOGY. But mostly full of technology. It was like the toys aisle in shops! But...MORE! 
I couldn't believe the amount of technology in here. I mean, when I was his age all I had was a doll, paper and pencils and the outside!

Taehyun was playing on his iPad. He didn't even look up at us.

"Tch...Looks like he bought more things..." Zelo mumbled but I heard him.

"W-What?!"

"Taehyun had only about 3/4 of this before, but now he's bought double the amount" Daehyun explained.

"...o―Kay Zelo explain for me please?" I asked Zelo for a simpler explanation. 

"Basically meaning he keeps buying more and more stuff every.single.day." Zelo stressed out the last three words.
I gaped.
Does that mean I’m going to lose all my allowance on the first three days?

“Well.” Taemin chirped. “I have to go now, I just remembered that I have to help out the other student councillors.” Taemin smiled a bit. “So is it okay if I leave you guys here?”

“Yeah, we’ll survive” Zelo gave Taemin a thumbs up.

“Arasso, bye noona!” Taemin grinned towards me.

“Uhm~ take care~” I waved as he took his bag and went out of the door, and fairly quickly as well knowing that the stair case was long.
Between the three of us, it was silent....well besides the gaming noises from Taehyun’s game.
“...well~” I decided to break the silence.

“I’ll be in my room.”  We all said at the same time...besides Daehyun who nodded to his room. We made eye contact and smiled.
I headed off to my room first so I didn’t know who went after me.

Well...it isn’t that bad. I thought it’d be disastrous living with boys...but I guess Daehyun and Zelo might be an exception...right?
______________
... Thebree10199 ...


Comment and subscribe! 8DDD